Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Roberts to depart? (Departed)

Comments

• Options
    Links with Nathan ?
  • Options
    He also played for Brighton when he left us as a player.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Does sinking ship spring to mind?Glad I have not renewed my season ticket.

Presume this is tongue in cheek, Derek.....

• Options

Derek1952 said:

I really hope Ben stays. He's obviously very good at his job and well liked and respected but let's get real here. Its a GK coach we might lose who can be replaced. There are any number of reasons why he might want to move nothing to do with Charlton or sinking ships. Perhaps he fancies moving to the coast in one of the nicest and most vibrant cities in the UK. Perhaps Brighton can offer him more money. Perhaps he fancies a new challenge. Perhaps he's fed up with London.

I find it truly amazing how every single item of news that comes out of The Valley these days is spun to be doom mongeringly negative by so many posters.

But comments like Sue Parkes' fuel that negativity, no?
  • Options
    Who's Sue Parkes?
  • Options
    She's the club secretary's wife. She posted on social media this morning

"the heart is being ripped out the club"
  • Options

Who's Sue Parkes?

Wife of the Legend Chris Parkes.

Now that would be a book worth reading.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's like Del amtri

The needle returns to the start of the song
  • Options

It's like Del amtri

Feck me nla. That's pretty philosophical from you ;0)
  • Options
    I am sick to death of that phrase being churned out shg

It is going to send people who are normally reasonable and balanced into melt down and those that don't need encouraging into booking flamingos and leaflet bombing Floyd Rd against qpr
  • Options

Derek1952 said:

I really hope Ben stays. He's obviously very good at his job and well liked and respected but let's get real here. Its a GK coach we might lose who can be replaced. There are any number of reasons why he might want to move nothing to do with Charlton or sinking ships. Perhaps he fancies moving to the coast in one of the nicest and most vibrant cities in the UK. Perhaps Brighton can offer him more money. Perhaps he fancies a new challenge. Perhaps he's fed up with London.

I find it truly amazing how every single item of news that comes out of The Valley these days is spun to be doom mongeringly negative by so many posters.

But comments like Sue Parkes' fuel that negativity, no?
    Yes they might but to consider Charlton as a sinking ship is just laughable. Yes things have obviously changed under the new ownership and I'm sure things are done very differently to how they were done in the good old days.

My view of the good ship Charlton is that it is currently riding higher in the water than it has for many a year after narrowly avoiding the rocks on more than one occasion fairly recently. The sea might still be choppy but at least there is now open water in front which is navigable.

I'm not buying into this continual doom mongering.

Fully agree SHG
  • Options
    If Ben leaves, then good luck and thanks for your efforts, but a goalkeeping coach is hardly the hardest position to fill.

And this is the guy who's always rated Neil Etheridge...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015

It's like Del amtri

Awful band
  • Options
    Underrated band
  • Options
    There is no truth in the rumour that Andy Patterson is being lined up.
  • Options
    Seems a decent bloke and well liked. Hope he stays.
  • Options
    Will be a real shame if he goes as he is clearly a popular figure in the club. Will be slightly surprised by it though as his stock is fairly high beyond the Championship.