Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Roberts to depart? (Departed)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry.
    Be happy.
  • Options
    I ain't and I am

There is a lot of ill feeling mainly surrounding powelly and the way he left,

But so what, move on and if you can't move out I have no problem with it and if I did I would make a decision about it

Just because Ben and others that don't like it doesn't mean those that come in or make the changes are wrong or that their ideas won't work,

It's all a bit of nothing until someone comes out and says the actual issues they are so unhappy with
  • Options
    Staff turnover has been prodigious with this regime. It's as if we were identified as a club 'over there' and it is thought a template can be fitted on us, and those who might be a quirk or a kink are to go, in order for the template to fit neatly.
    The risk is that we were already an entity before the new regime arrived, and they seem to think everything can change without some negative collateral impact, but it can't.
    What I see is babies going out with bathwater which is a shame. One of the skills employed by the new regime ought to have been to more deeply understand Charlton Athletic. Roland married us in haste, I hope that we don't repent it all at leisure.
    It is still possible for all to proceed amicably, but there seems to be a gently growing sense of disconnect amongst our support which becomes quite red raw from time to time.
    Perhaps we ought to take a lead from W1A (BBC Programme) and have a 'Head of Better'.
  • Options
    Well that is not good news. It is so exceptionally rare in football for ex-employees to express dissatisfaction after they leave as it is such an incestuous place to work. Yet Dyer, Powell and now Roberts.

Maybe Roberts made the mistake of emailing KM to ask for his paternity leave and she just never bothered answering. ;-)
  • Options

Well that is not good news. It is so exceptionally rare in football for ex-employees to express dissatisfaction after they leave as it is such an incestuous place to work. Yet Dyer, Powell and now Roberts.

Maybe Roberts made the mistake of emailing KM to ask for his paternity leave and she just never bothered answering. ;-)

Powell, Dyer and Roberts leaving and each insinuating that things are not all rosy in the Charlton garden.

What do they know anyway!
  • Options
    As long as we finish out of the bottom 3 and the scum stay down it'll do for me
    Dull as dishwater in reality , yet our only joy is in the misery of others , hopefully palace will fall down
    The Belgian bores experiment continues ,great zzzzz

what Ben says doesn't say too much about the good Belgian ship of Charlton
  • Options

Powell, Dyer and Roberts leaving and each insinuating that things are not all rosy in the Charlton garden.

What do they know anyway!
    The same has been insinuated by certain departing players, obviously Yann, Poyet, maybe Morrison and hamer as well? Even Henderson , a current player, also voicing concerns.

Fair play to Ben, don't begrudge him at all. As long as they stay away from Millwall and Palace, I don't blame any single person who gets out of this if they have the chance. I am an obsessed long-term supporter and I would love to escape Charlton now Roland is here, but I'm stuck with it. No qualms with anyone who's livelihood is involved stepping away
    Bit extreme don't you think?

Yann..ill give you that. Poyet...££££. Morrison...sounds more like BP not wanting him. Hamer...Went to a Prem club, not much we can do about that. I can't say I've heard much from any of them in regards to the running of the club, apart from maybe a couple of comments from Yann. Where have you read them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When Roland took over the club were in a desperate situation, things needed changing, he is doing it, people may not like it, but imo things are getting better, Rome wasn't built in a day it will take time, he started with the pitch, and is doing things one bit at a time, give the guy a chance.

You are right but it all feels soooooo frigging weird to me and I'm at my lowest love in for Charlton ever , kids out of the equation and I'd be giving it more of a miss

Saying that I'm prolly gonna go down there today and buy them all the top !
  • Options
    see your different to me, I am enjoying it more now than in years, away days with a group of lads that all take their kids, the Lib is buzzing every Satruday, feels more to me like the old days when I was 18, 19 going.
  • Options
    On the piss has always been a laugh for me ,nothing to do with the owners or action on the pitch
  • Options
    the premiership years were when I had the less disposable money, so I probably didn't enjoy it as much as others, I never went away games, never boozed before or after the match as I had to pick up the kids from in laws as both myself and wife worked saturdays, so now it's like the old days and I love it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I have always enjoyed the social side of football, particularly the away games.

I TRY not to get too downhearted when we have lost to Blackburn, getting up at 5 in the morning and back at midnight with having a few drinks and a £100 out of pocket, I like to have come back having had a good time.

But then I look at some of the s*** I have seen on the pitch(I do not have any criticism of the players generally) and how the club is being run then my anger/hurt at this almost kills my enjoyment of the day out.

We will be here forever, the owners won't.

• Options

When Roland took over the club were in a desperate situation, things needed changing, he is doing it, people may not like it, but imo things are getting better, Rome wasn't built in a day it will take time, he started with the pitch, and is doing things one bit at a time, give the guy a chance.

Couldn't agree more.