Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Roberts to depart? (Departed)

Comments

• Options

What a load of Bull

That aimed at me?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So Ben Roberts joins the long list of Charlton Staff;
    " i would have quit Charlton even if Brighton move had not come up"
    Who leave CAFC with or in lots of cases, not another job to go to.

To northstandsteve and others this is not just a knock at Roland/Katrien,
    because it happened under TJ/Slater as well.

Don't see the Ben Roberts move in isolation,

The best run clubs have everyone pulling in the same direction from The chairman to the tea lady. (about 85% of fans, you never get 100% agreement)

Since half way through Richard Murray's tenure we lost our way,
    on and off the pitch.
    We had the false dawn when we won the 1st division title, but when
    TJ and slater's money man stopped the cash, we were snookered.

When you don't have transparency whether it's transfers, ambitions or Nebulous other reasons you end up with a divided fan base.

Roland's money may of stopped us going into administration, but they still have a long way to go in winning over the hearts and minds of long suffering supporters.

Chris Parkes when he retires, must write a warts and all account of his time at CAFC. (chris may be old school and what happens in the boardroom, stays in the boardroom)

when Ben Robers says all the changes takes it toll ?

We Fans would all drink to that, CHEERS.

• Options

What a load of Bull

That aimed at me?
    No, what Ben Roberts has said.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

The best run clubs have everyone pulling in the same direction from The chairman to the tea lady. (about 85% of fans, you never get 100% agreement)

on and off the pitch.

When you don't have transparency whether it's transfers, ambitions or Nebulous other reasons you end up with a divided fan base.

Roland's money may of stopped us going into administration, but they still have a long way to go in winning over the hearts and minds of long suffering supporters.

Chris Parkes when he retires, must write a warts and all account of all the his time at CAFC. (chris may be old school and what happens in the boardroom, stays in the boardroom)

You still don't know the reasons why he left yet already blame it on the owners/board.

If what I've been told is true and that the club wouldn't grant him paid leave (a sobatical??) then they are well within their rights and Ben left on his own accord.
  • Options
    "because all the changes takes it's toll" said Ben Roberts.

Soapboxsam said " Don't see the Ben Roberts move in isolation"

"Since half way through Richard's Murray Tenure we lost our way"

I'm trying to look at the bigger picture why so many people leave CAFC,
    not just Ben Roberts.
  • Options

on and off the pitch.

Chris Parkes when he retires, must write a warts and all account of all the his time at CAFC. (chris may be old school and what happens in the boardroom, stays in the boardroom)

You still don't know the reasons why he left yet already blame it on the owners/board.

If what I've been told is true and that the club wouldn't grant him paid leave (a sobatical??) then they are well within their rights and Ben left on his own accord.
    What if you've been told isn't true?
  • Options

on and off the pitch.

Then the bloke that told me is a bit of a weirdo.
  • Options

on and off the pitch.

Maybe, maybe not.

But people are quick to shout down anyone who suggests that they have have ITK info which is negative about the club.

It's dismissed as stirring or agenda or shitting themselves or slagging off RD.

Why is it OK to believe positive snippets of info but dismiss what Roberts is quoted as saying himself.
  • Options
    I told u all why he left

Diego, hair products and hair dryer
  • Options
    Have I missed something? Where are these quotes from Ben Roberts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

on and off the pitch.

Maybe, maybe not.

But people are quick to shout down anyone who suggests that they have have ITK info which is negative about the club.

It's dismissed as stirring or agenda or shitting themselves or slagging off RD.

Why is it OK to believe positive snippets of info but dismiss what Roberts is quoted as saying himself.
    The club refusing to grant Ben Roberts time off could be seen as negative news. Personally I don't see it that way but others might think the club should be accommodating valuable coaching staff.
  • Options
    There's just no way that all of the long standing club employees that have left during the Staprix regime can be anything more than mere coinkydink. People depart jobs they love all the time.

• Options
    Perhaps some people don't like change. You should know that from the new mobile set-up we had for 48 hrs.
  • Options
    Who is the new head of communications?
  • Options
    Oh no - will Coinkydink become the new Cockwomble.
  • Options
    coinkydink? Love it.
  • Options

Perhaps some people don't like change. You should know that from the new mobile set-up we had for 48 hrs.

Oh, so kind of you to draw attention to the fact that the good and benevolent management of Charlton Life are so spectacularly responsive to their citizenry's concerns as to swiftly rectify any issues affecting their most engaged and invested members, so as to preserve moral buy in and ensure a continued sense of purpose!
  • Options
    Absolutely no problem
  • Options

on and off the pitch.

Will be interesting to see if Mr Roberts takes this leave at Brighton.
  • Options

He IS a weirdo because it's not true. Just think about it - no one in the football business is going to ask for a paid sabbatical. Ben Roberts didn't want time off - that's why he got another job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just read on the Brighton website that his wife is shortly due to give birth. Perhaps it was a request for extra time off in regards to that?
  • Options

I've just read on the Brighton website that his wife is shortly due to give birth. Perhaps it was a request for extra time off in regards to that?

But then why take up a new job 60 miles from where he was living in Greenwich if what he wanted was a break?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

But then why take up a new job 60 miles from where he was living in Greenwich if what he wanted was a break?
    Perhaps because Brighton granted him his request, he would still be earning money (even a pay rise) and he gets to work with his best mate. Brightons hardly a massive commute.
  • Options

Perhaps because Brighton granted him his request, he would still be earning money (even a pay rise) and he gets to work with his best mate. Brightons hardly a massive commute.
    Maybe or maybe he was unhappy because to quote Ben Roberts all the changes "took their toll"
  • Options

Isn't that called paternity leave?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Isn't that called paternity leave?
    It is but some employers offer less than others.

If his wife is about to give birth, and the club are due to go on tour, maybe he asked not to go and the club insisted he had too. All i got told was that he asked for paid leave and the club wouldn't grant him it. It could be true, it could be bullshit!
  • Options
    Clearly another bitter ex - employee so we can all safely dismiss what he says : - (
  • Options
    Thanks Shirty. So he'd basically had enough of all the bollox. Good for him. Best wishes Ben.