Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    PeterGage said:

T.C.E said:

PeterGage said:

Holidayed in Cape Town, Victoria Falls and Botswana/Namibia in Feb, followed by Bahamas in July. Now booked to go to NW USA next July, starting with 3 days in a log cabin in Yellowstone Park, travelling via Wyoming to the Black Hills in Sth Dakota and then to Nebraska.

Have now notched up 86 different Islands/countries. Maldives remain (after 5 visits) the favourite destination of wifey and I.

We've been four times in the last five years and it's a stunning place to visit. Which island do you normally visit?

Have been twice to Rannalhi. Cheap end of the Maldives market which allowed us to stay in a water bungalow. Three times to Kuramathi, slightly more expensive than the former.
    Thanks, I'll have a look at them
    We went to Bali in september, another beautiful country and worth a visit.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Rob said:

masicat said:

Just booked 14 nights in the Grenadines Jan 2016. Anyone been there as it's our first trip. Price with a Virgin was incredibly cheap which is always a worry.

@musicat. I've been to the Grenadines. Where are u going?
    Am staying in St Vincent but travelling around a bit.

Bequia is a nice island if you can get there. I think a ferry goes from St. Vincent. I've never been to St Vincent but my brother-in-law, a Charlton ST holder, is a citizen. I don't think he posts on here much.

I did stay on Palm Island, just off Union Island, a few years ago. Nice there. That's a lot further south though, down near Grenada which I've also been to.

The Tobago Cays are good for a visit if you get a chance.
  • Options
    Just back from a few days in Bruges. Lovely place with great restaurants - happy to recommend if anyone on here going there.

We were supposed to be going to Egypt (Cairo, Luxor, Cruise, Aswan, Abu Simbel) next April but we have decided to cancel that due to concerns about safety and security in that area - who wants to spend their holidays scanning the crowd for would-be bombers? Thankfully, the tour company have agreed that we can transfer our deposit to an alternative holiday. Thinking of touring Japan - anyone on here been there, thoughts on must-sees etc?
  • Options
    Off to Denmark on Saturday - whoop whoop! Then in the UK in time for Brighton away... :smiley:
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching the match tomorrow on my friends sky feed here in Bangkok. COYA
  • Options
    Having a great time in the middle of nowhere, drink and food - raw herring overload today, effing brilliant...
  • Options
    Just booked up our return to the Maldives in September, where hopefully on my wife's birthday we can renew our wedding vows. Still looking at things to do in Sydney when we are there in May for our 35th wedding anniversary. Doing the helicopter flight over the blue mountains on the very day, any ideas would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    T.C.E said:

Just booked up our return to the Maldives in September, where hopefully on my wife's birthday we can renew our wedding vows. Still looking at things to do in Sydney when we are there in May for our 35th wedding anniversary. Doing the helicopter flight over the blue mountains on the very day, any ideas would be appreciated.

I only nicked your TV mate. No need to go booking holidays to fill your time. You can have it back well before May. (:
  • Options

T.C.E said:

I only nicked your TV mate. No need to go booking holidays to fill your time. You can have it back well before May. (:
    The Missus wants to know, was it Fatboy in the car in Eastenders? Other than that you keep the poxy thing, paid £1700 this time last year, retailing 600 quid now!! Its been superseded by the samsung OLED combined coffee percolator/expresso maker and toaster, voice controlled to boot. :)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Sydney: I suggest you consider the following - Bondi Beach is in a nice area and certainly worth a visit. It can be done by a bus from various places in Sydney. A visit to the Circular Quay/ The Rocks area is a must; plenty of outside activities going on, the Opera House is in the area and ferries to various parts of Sydney. Manly Beach is another nice area, for which you will need to take a ferry. The aquarium contains many large fish (sharks, rays etc) and also worth a visit, although the entrance fee is a wee bit expensive, in my view. We toured the Blue Mountains, but not via a helicoptor trip; it was worth the visit. In general, you will find that food and drink is a tad more expensive than here in the UK. If you are up to it, climbing Sydney harbour bridge is fun but expensive (about £100 per person); it needs to be booked in advance. At night, a trip to Darling Harbour is recommended; it is a bay surrounded by restaurants and shops. Enjoy, it is a lovely city, comparable with Cape Town and New York.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

T.C.E said:

Sydney: I suggest you consider the following - Bondi Beach is in a nice area and certainly worth a visit. It can be done by a bus from various places in Sydney. A visit to the Circular Quay/ The Rocks area is a must; plenty of outside activities going on, the Opera House is in the area and ferries to various parts of Sydney. Manly Beach is another nice area, for which you will need to take a ferry. The aquarium contains many large fish (sharks, rays etc) and also worth a visit, although the entrance fee is a wee bit expensive, in my view. We toured the Blue Mountains, but not via a helicoptor trip; it was worth the visit. In general, you will find that food and drink is a tad more expensive than here in the UK. If you are up to it, climbing Sydney harbour bridge is fun but expensive (about £100 per person); it needs to be booked in advance. At night, a trip to Darling Harbour is recommended; it is a bay surrounded by restaurants and shops. Enjoy, it is a lovely city, comparable with Cape Town and New York.
    Cheers Peter, we've done a few of your suggestions on our previous visit, The bridge walk is great but as you say expensive 35 quid when we did it :( Manly is somewhere we'll get back to, Darling Harbour has our favourite restaurant Bungalow 8 so we'll certainly be back there. Whale watching maybe a little out of season when we are there, but I hope not. I didn't realise Bondi was close enough to reach by road, so thanks for that. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Not long now until we try Goa, going to the south as it is meant to be quieter and have better beaches. Can't effing wait!