Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays

Comments

• Options
    Two weeks in LA as usual for Christmas. Even better is the fact that it is a good few thousand miles away from this shower of shite! To think I should to look out for what games I would miss...
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Just done 6 weeks in Sydney and am now in San Francisco for a week... This life as a struggling artist isn't so bad after all

I'm there in May next year for our anniversary, it looks as though we are a week or so early for whale watching and we have booked the helicopter/meal up to the Blue mountains any other suggestions what to do? We've been before so I'm looking to do something a little different, so the Bridge walk, the Rocks shopping in Paddys market have all been done.
    cheers
    Ray

• Options

Anyone ever been to Jersey, or Guernsey, or both, Which one did you prefer?

Spent a lot of time in both with work. Guernsey is the prettier island but much more to do in Jersey (war tunnels, museums etc). They're both lovely places and I can reccomend hotels & places to eat if and when you decide.
    Awesome zoo in Jersey too.
  • Options

Been to both as well as Alderney. Personally, I prefer Alderney as it is quiet, slow and a lovely island. Guernsey is quite populated but has some nice parts away from it all. Jersey seems easier to get away from it all as it is bigger. Both Jersey and Guernsey have some decent places to eat and have a pint; Alderney has very little except for one excellent hotel in an idyllic location.
  • Options
    You may think that life is a permanent holiday here in Phuket but I can assure you that when you're running a business, it certainly isn't. I'm in our guesthouse 7 days a week so it's great to have a real holiday every so often, and I don't count three weeks in summer in Camberwell as a real holiday!

Just had a few days in Singapore with my ten year old daughter and her friend, leaving the missus to run the shop here, and am off to LasVegas and San Francisco in three weeks time. That's a long flight from here but I can't miss my friend's 50th birthday party, can I?

Not that I can ever switch off completely. I still need to control the bookings while I'm away. How did we work before the internet?
  • Options
    Just booked 14 nights in the Grenadines Jan 2016. Anyone been there as it's our first trip. Price with a Virgin was incredibly cheap which is always a worry.
  • Options
    South Arica January. Cricket innit.
  • Options

masicat said:

Just booked 14 nights in the Grenadines Jan 2016. Anyone been there as it's our first trip. Price with a Virgin was incredibly cheap which is always a worry.

How much do you usually pay for them?
    One liner of the day Robbo - brilliant. :-)
  • Options
    Busy October: 3 nights in Tallinn and one in Riga. Just returned from 4 nights in Firenze on Friday and now returning from Brixham in Devon. I'm really looking forward to going to Durham on Monday but this is work related but plan to Arrive early do a bit of sightseeing before the work day begins on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015

If you do decide on Jersey, there is a hotel called the Royal Yacht in St.Helier which has a restaurant called Sirocco.
    A meal for two with a couple of drinks costs approx. £150.00; however on a Monday it is a half price tarriff. Proper proper tucker.
    Make sure you confirm first of all to make sure that this deal still applies. I am sure it does.
  • Options
    Night train to Aviemore on Friday.
    Should be on the Cairngorm plateau by Saturday afternoon.
    Home and knackerd 5pm Monday.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

If you do decide on Jersey, there is a hotel called the Royal Yacht in St.Helier which has a restaurant called Sirocco.
    A meal for two with a couple of drinks costs approx. £150.00; however on a Monday it is a half price tarriff. Proper proper tucker.
    Make sure you confirm first of all to make sure that this deal still applies. I am sure it does.
    Stayed there a few times, lovely hotel.
  • Options
    The Merton hotel in Jersey is good if you're taking kids.
  • Options
    Me & the Mrs have both got some time off owed from our jobs & are thinking of a 10 night, all inclusive break somewhere at the end of November. When we discussed it a couple of weeks ago we decided on Sharm but don't fancy that now!!

Where else is nice (and warm) this time of year?
  • Options
    Bali, Maldives are our favourites......
  • Options
    Went to Vienna two weeks ago and dragged my girlfriend to the Vienna derby. It's a really impressive city, very grand, picturesque and lots of parks.

Flying to Cologne next week to see Bochum, Koln and Kaiserslauten on consecutive days.
  • Options

Me & the Mrs have both got some time off owed from our jobs & are thinking of a 10 night, all inclusive break somewhere at the end of November. When we discussed it a couple of weeks ago we decided on Sharm but don't fancy that now!!

Where else is nice (and warm) this time of year?

Depending on your budget, Agidir in Morocco, Cape Verdi or the Caribbean
  • Options
    Holidayed in Cape Town, Victoria Falls and Botswana/Namibia in Feb, followed by Bahamas in July. Now booked to go to NW USA next July, starting with 3 days in a log cabin in Yellowstone Park, travelling via Wyoming to the Black Hills in Sth Dakota and then to Nebraska.

Have now notched up 86 different Islands/countries. Maldives remain (after 5 visits) the favourite destination of wifey and I.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to florida to see Mickey and the gang for Christmas and can not wait
  • Options
    Off to Bangkok on Sunday. Any addicks out there know of where i might be able to catch the Ipswich match please let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    masicat said:

@musicat. I've been to the Grenadines. Where are u going?
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Holidayed in Cape Town, Victoria Falls and Botswana/Namibia in Feb, followed by Bahamas in July. Now booked to go to NW USA next July, starting with 3 days in a log cabin in Yellowstone Park, travelling via Wyoming to the Black Hills in Sth Dakota and then to Nebraska.

Have now notched up 86 different Islands/countries. Maldives remain (after 5 visits) the favourite destination of wifey and I.

We've been four times in the last five years and it's a stunning place to visit. Which island do you normally visit?

• Options
    T.C.E said:

PeterGage said:

We've been four times in the last five years and it's a stunning place to visit. Which island do you normally visit?

Have been twice to Rannalhi. Cheap end of the Maldives market which allowed us to stay in a water bungalow. Three times to Kuramathi, slightly more expensive than the former.
  • Options
    Rob said:

masicat said:

Am staying in St Vincent but travelling around a bit.

• Options
    We've got 8 days in New York in February with my daughter's dance school

And then 2 weeks to Beaches in Turks and Caicos for my 40th birthday treat.

Seriously looking forward to both
  • Options
    masicat said:

Rob said:

masicat said:

Buccament Bay?

Stopped in St Vincent on a cruise, but it was New Years day, so most things were closed. Beautiful island but a bit quiet for my liking. Preferred Antigua and St Lucia.
  • Options
    Just booked up Vegas again for Feb next year can't wait loved the place
  • Options

masicat said:

Rob said:

masicat said:

Buccament Bay?

Stopped in St Vincent on a cruise, but it was New Years day, so most things were closed. Beautiful island but a bit quiet for my liking. Preferred Antigua and St Lucia.
    That's the one. We always prefer Barbados but January prices were ridiculous. Haven't done St Lucia and really did like Antigua.