Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays

Comments

• Options
    boogica said:

Essex_Al said:

Greetings from a very sunny and hot Majorca.

Never seen so many out of school kids, including our two grandkids. Sickness bug going around like wildfire, both of ours have had it! This morning the granddaughter wakes up with an ear infection that also appears to be doing the rounds. Apart from that they are having a great time!

Roll on Porto in October, just me and the missus, bliss!

Be nice to see pictures of the flag/towels etc. from around the world.

I've got that towel.
    Lucky you.
    I want one of those towels where did you get it from .

I want to be lucky too.
    Woolwich market about 12 years ago :smile:
  • Options

Just got back from Sami in Kefalonia and can thoroughly recommend it a beautiful island, great resort/harbor lots of decent eateries and the people are very friendly.

My best holiday ever? The Maldives but it cost an arm and a leg. Also loved California

Kefalonia is beautiful, went there a couple of years ago (stayed in Assos), think it is the most relaxed I've ever been!
  • Options

boogica said:

Essex_Al said:

Never seen so many out of school kids, including our two grandkids. Sickness bug going around like wildfire, both of ours have had it! This morning the granddaughter wakes up with an ear infection that also appears to be doing the rounds. Apart from that they are having a great time!

I've got that towel.
    Lucky you.

I want to be lucky too.
    Thought that can't get 1 anywhere
  • Options
    Left things late this year. I'm looking for a 5 bed villa worh pool for August 8 th for two weeks. Spain Italy Portugal Cyprus. Can not find anything suitable on line. Any suggestions ?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Left things late this year. I'm looking for a 5 bed villa worh pool for August 8 th for two weeks. Spain Italy Portugal Cyprus. Can not find anything suitable on line. Any suggestions ?

Try Owners Direct mate.
  • Options

boogica said:

Essex_Al said:

I've got that towel.
    Lucky you.

I want to be lucky too.
    I've got one, as a towel, it's shit for drying yourself with.
  • Options

boogica said:

Essex_Al said:

I've got that towel.
    Lucky you.

I want to be lucky too.
    A towel as opposed to ?
  • Options

boogica said:

Essex_Al said:

I've got that towel.
    Lucky you.

I want to be lucky too.
    It's not about its drying qualities, it's about the pride of showing it around the pool amongst the glory hunters of this world!
  • Options
    off to lanzarote in a couple of weeks renting a villa in Puerto Calero, anyone been? any recommendations of pubs to catch the footie on spurs/arsenal on the sunday were there and European play offs during the week, also anything to do and decent places to eat, thanks in advance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We are going to Aska Lara resort, Lara Beech, Antalya, Turkey in October, anyone else been there?

I think that's the place we're going to next August.

We are going to Aska Lara resort, Lara Beech, Antalya, Turkey in October, anyone else been there?

I think that's the place we're going to next August.
    Just got back from Turkey on Monday, Wow! What a place, if you are going here @DaveMehmet you will have a fantastic time.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Hope that wasn't Roly's sun lounger you put the towel on. He'll screw it up and sling it in the bin.
  • Options
    12 days and counting till 2 weeks in Florida. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Well jel. Would love a holiday at the mo
  • Options
    Got 2 nights in Riga booked for first week in December, then off to Philadelphia to visit my best mate over new years. Might that a short trip down to DC for a couple of days, see the Washington Monument/Lincoln Memorial/Smithsonian/etc/
  • Options

Got 2 nights in Riga booked for first week in December, then off to Philadelphia to visit my best mate over new years. Might that a short trip down to DC for a couple of days, see the Washington Monument/Lincoln Memorial/Smithsonian/etc/

That's weird because Fraeye has just spent 2 nights in RD.
  • Options
    Just had a couple of nights in Tunbridge Wells. Last minute thing, decent hotel with a nice pool and spent a couple of nice days out at Hever Castle and The Hop Farm.
  • Options

Does his wife know?
  • Options

Just had a couple of nights in Tunbridge Wells. Last minute thing, decent hotel with a nice pool and spent a couple of nice days out at Hever Castle and The Hop Farm.

Should have knocked to say hello, Dave !

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Did Skiathos earlier this year. First ever trip to a Greek island (bar 'Greek' Cyprus) and it was no surprise to meet so many people who return there year after year. Stunning little island with beautiful beaches, scenery, food etc. Not too ott but plenty to keep you going. Did the 'Mamma Mia' Skopelos boat trip thing also; had to keep the wife hp! Already booked for next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did the 'Mamma Mia' Skopelos boat trip thing also; had to keep the wife hp! Already booked for next year.

You can't beat a saucy wife
  • Options
    Anyone ever been to Jersey, or Guernsey, or both, Which one did you prefer?
  • Options
    My son is currently waiting at Gatwick to go to Sharm El Sheikh. Not the best day to go :-(
  • Options
    I start my holidays tomorrow! Off to Spain for a rockabilly weekender next week, London for the weekend of the 20th, Denmark on the 28th, back to London on Dec 4th, then back here for Christmas. Another rockabilly weekend in Spain first weekend in Feb.
  • Options

Anyone ever been to Jersey, or Guernsey, or both, Which one did you prefer?

Spent a lot of time in both with work. Guernsey is the prettier island but much more to do in Jersey (war tunnels, museums etc). They're both lovely places and I can reccomend hotels & places to eat if and when you decide.
  • Options
    Off to Goa for the first time in Feb.......cant wait!!
  • Options
    Went to Jersey, by ferry about 30 years ago, loved it, except my wife was sea sick. Jersey was beautiful
  • Options
    Often holiday in the UK in the October half term, just back from a week in the Wye Valley - beautiful part of the country. Son also bumped into a fellow Addick whilst walking around Goodrich Castle
  • Options
    Just done 6 weeks in Sydney and am now in San Francisco for a week... This life as a struggling artist isn't so bad after all
  • Options

Often holiday in the UK in the October half term, just back from a week in the Wye Valley - beautiful part of the country. Son also bumped into a fellow Addick whilst walking around Goodrich Castle

Been there, done that, totally agree