Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays

Comments

• Options
    in honour of our new signing, Madeira.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Booked a large villa in Campos del Rio in Spain in August for my close family of 10. Somehow I agreed to pay for the villa, all flights and car hire but it will be worth it!
    Looking forward to a family holiday for the first time in a few years.

Back to The Azores in September to visit friends. Have been there dozens of times and would recommend it to everybody. Somewhere different with fantastic scenery, food and very friendly locals.
  • Options
    Stone said:

Oh and on Saturday I get the Eurostar to Paris for a one night stay, followed by a trip on The Orient Express from Paris to Venice, leaving on Sunday evening, going down through the Swiss alps and arriving in Venice on our Pearl wedding on Monday evening.
    Four nights in a hotel on The Lido and fly back on Friday evening.
    Not cheap, but thought I deserved it for 30 years of suffering..... :blush:

Just like you Stone it is my 30th this year too in July. You may recall we discussed our mutual 25th plans at Wycombe away!!!!!! Your celebration looks wonderful. We are off to Lake Garda/Bardolino and plan to take in a trip to Venice too.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Washington DC >Williamsburg > Charleston > Savannah - Home via Georgia 5 nights in the first two and then a tour south
  • Options

Puerto Banus in September.

I'm here now SHG. I'm over from Australia and wanted to take my mum and sis somewhere for a few days so we could enjoy some family time together.
    We are in Marbella beach resort apartments, it's around a 15 minute drive from Puerto banus, nice and quiet spot in the beach.
    The old town is lovely, the harbour has lots of shops restaurants as you'd expect, and there is some serious money in this place! You'll enjoy it mate.
  • Options
    Majorca for the first time. Staying near old town/marina in Alcudia, plus a couple of nights in Palma.

Can't wait - take the kids to the beach, then read a bit of the kindle on the balcony with a cart load of them little tins of beer the Spaniards have, then afternoon kip, shower, game a cards, meal out at 10pm, short stroll at midnight, bed. Repeat.
  • Options

South of France for me. Heading to one of those holiday camps. Never done it before but new, young family means the more glamorous holidays are on a budget back burner. Still i am really looking forward to it except I have found out since booking they only allow blokes to wear buddy smugglers around the pool and I certainly am not 'beach body ready!'

Greenie said:

South of France for me. Heading to one of those holiday camps. Never done it before but new, young family means the more glamorous holidays are on a budget back burner. Still i am really looking forward to it except I have found out since booking they only allow blokes to wear buddy smugglers around the pool and I certainly am not 'beach body ready!'

Key Camp or Eurocamp?

Did a few of these when the kids where about 4, 5 and 6, great fun and the kids loved it.
    You're right it is the cheaper option, however the sites are clean and there is plenty for the kids to do.
    Cheers for these comments... Me and my partner are looking to go to one on the South of France next August.

Are there any that can be recommended?
    Can't recommend as have not been there yet but booked through Al-Fresco (looks like it is a Eurocamp). Got an offer on Groupon (may still be available) so cost me £99 for the week plus flights on top.
  • Options
    Kos, just cos. hope to ride out the crisis
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Big 6 0 coming up in August, so special holiday scheduled - touring western Canada then cruising up to Alaska. Will go to the QPR game but then away for the rest of the month. Just hope we aren't bottom of the league by the time I'm back!

@Davo55 where is your Western Canada tour taking you? i'm in Canmore - well worth a stop and much less touristy but more scenic than Banff if you are heading through the Rockies...

http://www.tourismcanmore.com/
  • Options
    Aruba & Curaçao on honeymoon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Davo55 said:

Big 6 0 coming up in August, so special holiday scheduled - touring western Canada then cruising up to Alaska. Will go to the QPR game but then away for the rest of the month. Just hope we aren't bottom of the league by the time I'm back!

@Davo55 where is your Western Canada tour taking you? i'm in Canmore - well worth a stop and much less touristy but more scenic than Banff if you are heading through the Rockies...

Cheers @Oakster

Our itinerary is Vancouver, Whistler, Sun Peaks, Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff, Kamloops then the Rocky Mountaineer train back to Vancouver for the Alaska cruise. Probably the most predictable tourist run but it's our first time in Canada so we wanted to see the "highlights". Don't think we'll get a chance to go to Canmore but will watch out for an opportunity.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Oakster said:

Davo55 said:

Cheers @Oakster

Our itinerary is Vancouver, Whistler, Sun Peaks, Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff, Kamloops then the Rocky Mountaineer train back to Vancouver for the Alaska cruise. Probably the most predictable tourist run but it's our first time in Canada so we wanted to see the "highlights". Don't think we'll get a chance to go to Canmore but will watch out for an opportunity.
    On my bucket list @Davo55 , sounds like a great journey.
  • Options
    what with moving into our bungalow in White Cliffs country and paying for the wifes yearly visit to her homeland in April it looks like no hols for me this year.
  • Options
    Off to Holland for the weekend next Friday, then a couple of weeks after I shall be off to Japan. Can't wait.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hi all

Can anyone recommend some decent holiday cottages and or some decent campsites in and around Cornwall with good dog walks?

Cheers

Daz

We're going week beginning 7th September.
  • Options
    @dazzler21 Stayed in a cottage in St Merryn last July for a week. There are 7 bays and plenty of walks in between them - loads of dogs on the beaches (they may not have been allowed on all but certainly some) Contstantine Bay was one of them, Trevone, Harlyn, Treyaron - oh and Booby's Bay! Lovely pub and restaurant in St Merryn itself - watched a lot of the world cup there - there is a Rick Stein pub too called Cornish Arms. it wasn't too far from Padstow.
  • Options
    Celebrating 25th wedding anniversary on a Baltic cruise in July.
  • Options
    Vegas for a week at the end of August for a lads holiday. Staying at the Encore. Costing us all an arm and a leg as we have already paid for our table service at the pool parties and nightclubs!
  • Options

@dazzler21 Stayed in a cottage in St Merryn last July for a week. There are 7 bays and plenty of walks in between them - loads of dogs on the beaches (they may not have been allowed on all but certainly some) Contstantine Bay was one of them, Trevone, Harlyn, Treyaron - oh and Booby's Bay! Lovely pub and restaurant in St Merryn itself - watched a lot of the world cup there - there is a Rick Stein pub too called Cornish Arms. it wasn't too far from Padstow.

Thanks Suzi, that sounds ideal. Will have a look.
  • Options
    I just don't know where to go.

Last week in August is earmarked and it will be a lazy holiday thinking Cypris
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give cape verde a go mate

Went to sal last year and it was perfect for lazy and nice beaches.
  • Options
    Just back from 10 nights in Mexico with the Mrs. 5 in Cancun at the Moon Palace and then 5 down in Playa del Carmen. That was the first time I've been away for more than 7 days since I went away with AFKA and the lads in 1996 to Gran Canaria. (Did have 7 days in Lanzarote in 2005 with the ex-wife but was far from memorable lol)

Got the holiday bug now but need to book our wedding first then we know whether we're going on holiday or honeymoon really...and when we get planning permission to build our extension.

South Africa is on the list for Jan/Feb as a holiday. Bit of sunshine, sightseeing, cricket (yes, she knows!).
    If we're going on honeymoon, Tanzania and Zanzibar looks favourite at the moment.

• Options
    Long weekend at The Oceano Beach Club near Marbella next week. ( if you want a great weekend of music and drinking this is the best place ) . Then backwards and forwards to The Algarve hoping to play some golf, walk some beaches and eat at Julias and Gigis for the best fish on the planet. September doing a drive around parts of Europe and want to do Northern Spain and Madrid. Retirement is great !
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Oakster said:

Davo55 said:

Cheers @Oakster

@Davo55

If you are driving yourself send me a message - would be happy to suggest a few things to see or do around here! Your itinerary is perfect you'll have an amazing time on that trip. The drive from Lake Louise to Jasper is just jaw dropping.
  • Options
    Did 5 nights in vegas in February, did a week in Dubai the start of this month, going Budapest next month for the weekend on a stag do then going Greece for a week end of August for a wedding.
  • Options
    No holiday planned yet. just a few weekends away in the uk at the moment. We did Tenterden/Biddenden and Cambridge earlier in the year and have Chipping Campden in July, Whitstable in October and somewhere for Mrs Lat's wedding in August.

South Africa in January for the cricket is the plan.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    JohnBoyUK said:

Just back from 10 nights in Mexico with the Mrs. 5 in Cancun at the Moon Palace and then 5 down in Playa del Carmen. That was the first time I've been away for more than 7 days since I went away with AFKA and the lads in 1996 to Gran Canaria. (Did have 7 days in Lanzarote in 2005 with the ex-wife but was far from memorable lol)

Got the holiday bug now but need to book our wedding first then we know whether we're going on holiday or honeymoon really...and when we get planning permission to build our extension.

South Africa is on the list for Jan/Feb as a holiday. Bit of sunshine, sightseeing, cricket (yes, she knows!).
    If we're going on honeymoon, Tanzania and Zanzibar looks favourite at the moment.

Went with these:

http://www.africatravelresource.com

Absolutely fantastic. Could not fault them, planned everything. All smooth, great guides etc. saw she'd loads of stuff and reasonable price back in 2008. Did 8 days safari and would max that part out if I was you. My fav holiday ever.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

in honour of our new signing Madeira.

Where are you going in honour of this bloke Madeira, and more importantly - how tall is he? :wink:
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Did 5 nights in vegas in February, did a week in Dubai the start of this month, going Budapest next month for the weekend on a stag do then going Greece for a week end of August for a wedding.

The profits of being a professional gambler paying off :wink:
  • Options
    there are some people on here who can get serious amounts of time off work !!!