Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays

Comments

• Options
    umbria and cumbria ....true

• Options
    edited June 2015

7 nights clubbing in the partaaay capital of Europe, Menorca (Son Bou?) during the kids holidays.

Already on countdown and already gutted it's only 7 nights. Not been away for anything longer than a week since my honeymoon 14yrs ago, and more than ready for it now!

Quality place son Bou lovely beach been there 3 times out of the last 5 years, giving it a miss this year due to having extension built gutted.
  • Options

Puerto Banus in September.

My brother had his stag do there last weekend... I actually pity anyone that had booked there hoping for a nice time and bumped into them.

• Options
    First two weeks in August we are off to Austria and I can't wait. A spot of househunting while we are there but more for 2 weeks or BBQ's and doing cool stuff with the kids (6 and 2) and wife.

We went to Majorca for a week last month - was ok but the weather wasn't brilliant and the kids were a nightmare

Also had a business trip to South Africa 2 weeks ago - that was bloody amazing.
  • Options
    A fortnight in the Maldives in July, then a fortnight in Bali in September. My new found hobby of scuba diving has been blocked as I've just had lens replacement surgery. So it's the beach and the bar for me then.:)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

We went to Majorca for a week last month - was ok but the weather wasn't brilliant and the kids were a nightmare

The brochures shouldn't say 'Family Holidays' - should instead be 'Stress in a Warmer Climate'
  • Options
    Florida two weeks back end of August, then Cornwall at Christmas
  • Options

Swisdom said:

The brochures shouldn't say 'Family Holidays' - should instead be 'Stress in a Warmer Climate'
    Obviously a generalisation but i remember watching a couple of families on holiday last year and coming to the conclusion that some people are just not used to spending proper periods of time with their kids (schools, childerminders, breakfast clubs, after school clubs etc), and just don't really know how to cope with it (despite packing the kids off to kids club every day).

• Options
    Done Vegas (boxing) and Spain (golf) so far this year so about time I took my wife away!! We've got a week in Palma at the beginning of July, trip to Gibraltar and southern Spain house hunting in August and New York Christmas shopping (and boxing hopefully) in late November.

After all of that it's Skegness next year!!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

...but before that a villa in the hills outside Rome for two weeks

That sounds great but going to be very hot there during the summer
    In Belgium?

Will be hot in Rome but we'll pick our days to go into the city and have a pool at the house/villa as well as shade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard so many good things about Turkey so we're off to Belek in August.
  • Options

Heard so many good things about Turkey so we're off to Belek in August.

As mentioned on another thread, If you haven't booked I can highly recommend this place, been a few times kids love it, never even bother to leave the hotel till home time

http://www.thomascook.com/destinations/turkey/antalya/belek/xanadu-resort-hotel/
  • Options
    Went Sri Lanka at Easter.

8 of us from England to meet wifes brother,sister in law and kids who live in Australia. Hadn't seen them since Christmas 2009.

Week in Paignton first week of August - staying with relatives.
    Doubt it will be as hot or cheap as Sri Lanka though.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Missus has booked a fortnight in Bulgaria in August with my youngest boys (13 & 15), not sure about this, Sunny beach, all inclusive, onsite water park.

Will be country number 30

Will miss QPR, so really hoping sky go for it.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

...but before that a villa in the hills outside Rome for two weeks

That sounds great but going to be very hot there during the summer
    In Belgium?

Will be hot in Rome but we'll pick our days to go into the city and have a pool at the house/villa as well as shade.
    Purple cardigan ?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Nowhere yet. I have 10 days off in November and want to book a family friendly place abroad that will still be hot that time of year. I have a 2 year old son so don't want to go too far afield. Are the Canary islands hot that time of year? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I have been to 81 different countries/islands and happy to share experiences. Wifey and I are off to Bahamas next month. Any views, suggestion etc (we have booked for experiences with Sea lions, dolphins and Stingray (the latter two we have done before in other parts of the world). Thanks in advance.

Visit frogs bar in NASSAU, it's quite cool. Make sure you buy a coconut cocktail.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Nowhere yet. I have 10 days off in November and want to book a family friendly place abroad that will still be hot that time of year. I have a 2 year old son so don't want to go too far afield. Are the Canary islands hot that time of year? Thanks in advance.

Egypt

• Options
    Going to North Cyprus in July for 3 weeks. Then get back and straight to Canada, Ottawa. If anyone's been to Ottawa please let me know what there's to do/ places to visit/eat etc. Thanks in advance :)
  • Options

7 nights clubbing in the partaaay capital of Europe, Menorca (Son Bou?) during the kids holidays.

Already on countdown and already gutted it's only 7 nights. Not been away for anything longer than a week since my honeymoon 14yrs ago, and more than ready for it now!

Love Menorca, really is a beautiful island. Enjoy mate!
    Staying in Ciutadella for two weeks in September. Do you know it? Any recommendations?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big 6 0 coming up in August, so special holiday scheduled - touring western Canada then cruising up to Alaska. Will go to the QPR game but then away for the rest of the month. Just hope we aren't bottom of the league by the time I'm back!
  • Options
    WSS said:

Honeymoon for me in October - 2 nights in Los Angeles, 6 nights in Moorea and 6 nights in Bora Bora (both French Polynesia).

Once in a lifetime trip (thank god, seeing how much it's cost us).

Bloody expensive there. Went last year. $25 for a bowl of soup.
  • Options
    Portch said:

PeterGage said:

I have been to 81 different countries/islands and happy to share experiences. Wifey and I are off to Bahamas next month. Any views, suggestion etc (we have booked for experiences with Sea lions, dolphins and Stingray (the latter two we have done before in other parts of the world). Thanks in advance.

Visit frogs bar in NASSAU, it's quite cool. Make sure you buy a coconut cocktail.
    Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    London for September. British Virgin Islands for Christmas/New Year
  • Options
    Vegas and Vancouver! Went to Wales earlier.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Obviously a generalisation but i remember watching a couple of families on holiday last year and coming to the conclusion that some people are just not used to spending proper periods of time with their kids (schools, childerminders, breakfast clubs, after school clubs etc), and just don't really know how to cope with it (despite packing the kids off to kids club every day).

Weird to think we must have been staying in the same hotel ;-)

• Options
    Carter said:

Greenie said:

Off to Corralejo, Fuerteventura in two weeks, I cant wait. My first holiday abroad with my kids for over 13 years (except for GreenieJnr he's working).

You'll love it there, fantastic choice
    The party Jnr has planned around his old mans house should be pretty full on also.
  • Options
    Off to Menorca for a week on Wednesday. All looked good on the Thomson website and TripAdvisor. Had a quick look last night and seems there is some sort of sickness bug going round. We have gone all inclusive too!
  • Options

Swisdom said:

You're right, some people don't or don't want to spend time with their family. The main reason I don't go to charlton that often is because I spend time with them, not because I feel I have to but because I want to.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Off to Menorca for a week on Wednesday. All looked good on the Thomson website and TripAdvisor. Had a quick look last night and seems there is some sort of sickness bug going round. We have gone all inclusive too!

Even if you catch it just drink through it mate, each morning when you wake up being sick just pretend that it's down to the booze you had the day before then get out for a hair of the dog