Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015

...but before that a villa in the hills outside Rome for two weeks

That sounds great but going to be very hot there during the summer
  • Options
    Taking the grandkids to Majorca next week for 10 days (5 & 8), probably need another holiday when we get back, just for me and the missus to recover!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    South of France for me. Heading to one of those holiday camps. Never done it before but new, young family means the more glamorous holidays are on a budget back burner. Still i am really looking forward to it except I have found out since booking they only allow blokes to wear buddy smugglers around the pool and I certainly am not 'beach body ready!'
  • Options

South of France for me. Heading to one of those holiday camps. Never done it before but new, young family means the more glamorous holidays are on a budget back burner. Still i am really looking forward to it except I have found out since booking they only allow blokes to wear buddy smugglers around the pool and I certainly am not 'beach body ready!'

Key Camp or Eurocamp?

Did a few of these when the kids where about 4, 5 and 6, great fun and the kids loved it.
    You're right it is the cheaper option, however the sites are clean and there is plenty for the kids to do.
  • Options

We are heading there too next week....

What day are you travelling?

Also what hotel are you staying at?
    Next Thursday (2nd) - Westin Dragonara.
    Im back before you get there so if i find any gems I'll let you know.

we are staying at the hilton so wont be able to let you know anything about the hotel (although their restaurant, the terrace, is the top rated restaurant in saint julians on trip advisor)
    Thanks - I stayed at the Hilton (next door to the Westin) for just one night last year on business. It was a very nice hotel.
  • Options

Next Thursday (2nd) - Westin Dragonara.
    Stayed in that hotel a few years ago it was absolutely fantastic, have fun
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Eldest is starting uni in September not sure what the financial impact is going to be, so not having one and just seeing, if it is a big impact dont forsee a holiday in the next 6 years as I have another one who wants to go in 2 years time.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Taking our 2 year old daughter to First Choice Holiday Village in The Algarve in September. Heard good things, and i believe they are popular with young families, so i would imagine a few on here have been before.

Just up the road from us, pop over and say hello if you get the chance (we are 5 minutes walk from Old Town Albufeira). Make sure you take the little 'un to Zoomarine, but book through a travel shop rather than through the rep for best value.
  • Options
    @Stone I'll be in Venice next Monday too...fancy a beer? ;-)

Off to Lovere on Weds (north east of Milan) for 5 days cycling through the Alps/Dolomites (starting Thurs), finishing in Venice on Monday...praying that it's not raining, as that'll mean snowfall at the top of the Gavia / Stelvio etc... Spain in August to recover (family's place in Estepona, between Malaga and Gibraltar)...

Now just got to stay employed long enough to pay for it all....
  • Options

Greenie said:

Key Camp or Eurocamp?

Did a few of these when the kids where about 4, 5 and 6, great fun and the kids loved it.
    You're right it is the cheaper option, however the sites are clean and there is plenty for the kids to do.
    Cheers for these comments... Me and my partner are looking to go to one on the South of France next August.

Are there any that can be recommended?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are off to the island of Falster in Denmark to stay with some friends in November, they live in the second most southerly house in the country. Then back to blighty for just under two weeks in sunny Biggin Hill...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    7 nights clubbing in the partaaay capital of Europe, Menorca (Son Bou?) during the kids holidays.

Already on countdown and already gutted it's only 7 nights. Not been away for anything longer than a week since my honeymoon 14yrs ago, and more than ready for it now!
  • Options

Greenie said:

Key Camp or Eurocamp?

Cheers for these comments... Me and my partner are looking to go to one on the South of France next August.

We went to Estartit in Northern Spain twice. Castell Montgri Estartit, Costa Brava. First time in a tent (already erected with electric light and even an electric fridge/freezer. Second time we had a mobile home. We drove down and it took less than 24 hours. Excellent site, with loads of things for the kids to do and great evening entertainment as well.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Key Camp or Eurocamp?

They're all very good. Some of them do archery, rock climbing, canoeing on top of the usual pool, table tennis, football etc. We had five great holidays down there when the boys were growing up.
    One of them was this one: http://www.campingzagarella.com/?lang=EN
  • Options

Don't tell him Pike ;0)

• Options
    Just our October week in Los Gigantes, Tenareef to look forward to this year due to our move.

However, several overnighters planned up north for the relevant away games.
  • Options

7 nights clubbing in the partaaay capital of Europe, Menorca (Son Bou?) during the kids holidays.

Already on countdown and already gutted it's only 7 nights. Not been away for anything longer than a week since my honeymoon 14yrs ago, and more than ready for it now!

Love Menorca, really is a beautiful island. Enjoy mate!
  • Options
    florida for 3 weeks
  • Options
    5 days in New York (for the first time) for my 30th with the mrs next week.
    2 week Med Cruise (for the first time) late July.
    Week in Vegas with the lads (for the first time) in Sept.

A real one-off year for turning 30 and makes up for a week in the in-laws caravan last summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    went Vegas for the 2nd time in may was unreal.

long weekend in nice august bank holiday weekend as girlfriend parents have an apartment there.

10 days in lanzarote in November for sisters 21st so combined it with the family holiday rented a 10 bedroom villa so should be a laugh all the family out there.
  • Options
    Puerto Banus in September.
  • Options
    Oh - I forgot, two rockabilly weekenders, one in Benalmadena in November and one in Torremolinos in February...
  • Options
    Off on an East Coast (US) road trip in August - part of our bucket list of doing every single US state. Pensylvannia, NJ, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina. That will leave us on 30 odd.

Then Southern California for Christmas - Disneyland on Christmas Day should be fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Having set up a thread on here about South of France, we booked a holiday in Gran Canaria. Thanks for the responses though, they weren't in vain as we're likely to go SoF in a year or two.
  • Options
    Deutschland to visit the mrs' family at the end of July for a week then two weeks in Miami at the start of Sep. No Charlton games will be missed fortunately :smile:
  • Options
    San Francisco & Santa Cruz for a couple of weeks - have tickets for the California Classico - San Jose a Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy...
  • Options
    Two weeks in Florida in September, fortunately coinciding with back to back away games :)