Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Standard Liege reportedly being sold (Press conference at 10am)

Comments

• Potentially good news for us if true. I think we've probably milked their squad for anyone decent and Duchatelet would have more cash to spend on us, especially if we were then at the top of his network.
  • I wonder if this is related to the St Tuiden / Standard relationship.

Hope it doesn't mean RD is getting sick of football and/or is thinking his "experiment" has failed.
  • ploughing all his money into getting us promoted?!?!?!?
  • Come on Roland be sensible... transfer us Bulot and maybe Igor de Camacho before you sell
  • Come on Roland be sensible... transfer us Bulot and maybe Igor de Camacho before you sell

Igor already gone!
  • Interesting. Could well mean his focus switches completely to us.
  • I'd take Knockheart off them quickly!

I am guessing it will be sold to his brother/sister/daughter/son etc to avoid issues of owning two clubs in the top Belgium division.

Interesting morning though. Maybe the whole network is being sold to a gazillionaire and we are about to buy back Gomez.

Igor already gone!
    That comment could easily be taken out of context !
  • Is 11am in Belgium 10am here ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    se9addick said:

I wonder if this is related to the St Tuiden / Standard relationship.

Hope it doesn't mean RD is getting sick of football and/or is thinking his "experiment" has failed.

I'd take Knockheart off them quickly!

I am guessing it will be sold to his brother/sister/daughter/son etc to avoid issues of owning two clubs in the top Belgium division.

Interesting morning though. Maybe the whole network is being sold to a gazillionaire and we are about to buy back Gomez.

Standard being sold to the Vice President so sounds similar to the ownership of St Truiden, i.e we all know who really owns them. I imagine Standard would then remain part of the network.

Wouldn't get too excited just yet.
  • I think this move will turn out to be something positive for Charlton. I also think this was the reason for the lack on new signings until now.
  • skywalker said:

I think this move will turn out to be something positive for Charlton. I also think this was the reason for the lack on new signings until now.

Here's hoping.
  • se9addick said:

Standard being sold to the Vice President so sounds similar to the ownership of St Truiden, i.e we all know who really owns them. I imagine Standard would then remain part of the network.

Is the sale to the Vice President definite ?
  • Wonder if this would have any impact on the Bulot transfer
  • I think Kristof has been reading this site.

Isn't he a character from Frozen anyway ?

• IF IF IF it means Charlton operate as a sole entity with its own scouts and recruitment then I see it as a good thing.

But as with all change beware the unforeseen consequences. For a start we're spending pre-season at the SL training complex and that is just a minor point.

And the rest of the network remains but now, if the stories are true, we are clearly the biggest club. Unless this is the start of a sale of ALL the clubs.

#bumpyride.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bruno Venanzi who has brought Standard is worth a fair few quid himself, so might be a complete buy out
  • I doubt it has to do with his girlfriends ownership of ST, and all other "sales" have been to relatives, so if it is to the VP, this is a bit different.
  • With challenges to the FFP in Brussels and the possibility these could be scrapped, perhaps Roland is being ahead of the game and will invest massively getting charlton to the prem league ;-)
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Is the sale to the Vice President definite ?
    Rothko said:

Bruno Venanzi who has brought Standard is worth a fair few quid himself, so might be a complete buy out

Venanzi is the VP there so it would seem so.