Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege reportedly being sold (Press conference at 10am)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Yep just watched it the match was just as bad as ever.Brugge playing with 10 men for 60 minutes,Paint drying springs to mind.
  • Options
    I noticed none of the dross that we've had the pleasure of having on loan were part of the squad, which probably explains why they've won something.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Roly fucks off, they go and win a trophy.

Won the Belgian cup today beating league leaders Club Brugge 2-1

That could be us next season with the Johnstones Paint Trophy
    NOOOOOOO!

Better get our season tickets soon then otherwise NO chance of getting a Wembley ticket !

I am best buds with shortywilson999 so I am sorted..................WEEEEEEEMBERLY!
  • Options
    Has Roland really left Standard completely though? There still appears to be a number of dealings between them and STTV. Has it ever really been properly examined by the authorities?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I noticed none of the dross that we've had the pleasure of having on loan were part of the squad, which probably explains why they've won something.

They've upgraded slightly. Gone from having Thuram in goal, to now having Victor Valdes
    I believe that Thuram is a valuable part of the squad though. He's been promoted to chief orange cutter.
  • Options

Has Roland really left Standard completely though? There still appears to be a number of dealings between them and STTV. Has it ever really been properly examined by the authorities?

Rumour is he's still around in the background somewhere

• Options
    victor valdes must be regretting leaving barca. Getting treated like shit by van gaal and then turning up at liege and having to train with Thuram every week. Talk about badly advised!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wasn't a good finish to the regular league season for Standard. They got hammered on the last day and missed out on the play-offs for the JPL championship and Champions League place(s). They go into an 8 team play-off group with the mid-table teams for Europa League place(s). Before the Cup Final, there were rumblings in Belgium that they needed to win it to save face for Venanzi (the owner).

Duchatelet seems to have regained some kind of influence over Venanzi, who stopped mouthing off to their media and had a reconciliation with RD, swapping players with Sint Truiden in January. A lot of people in Belgium asked whether the Loony was really out of the picture at Standard. The sale of the club left Standard with a debt to RD of 10 million euros, to be repaid over a number of years. I guess that gives RD some potential leverage over Venanzi.
  • Options
    Venanzi still has to pay 2 million € the next 3years (each year). Some leverage remains ...