Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege reportedly being sold (Press conference at 10am)

Comments

• Options
    That will set the cat among the pigeons
  • Options
    Another club (KV Kortrijk) recently was sold to an Malaysian businessman (Vincent Tan, who also owns Cardiff). Apparently this led RD to offering SL to some Russians. I think RD will be glad (not only for the financial benefit).
  • Options
    Lot's of interesting stuff coming in the twitter links......it's a shame I can't bloody open them at work :(
  • Options
    Karim is pretty minted, and stated last year of intentions of buying a premier league club. Will split this out into a new thread so keep this one Liege please.
  • Options
    Kola Karim is Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Shoreline Energy International, a leading energy and infrastructure company focused on Africa. Karim's current portfolio focuses on the construction, commodity trading, catering, entertainment, agro-allied products, oil and gas, engineering and power sectors. In addition to his role at Shoreline Energy International, Karim is Chairman of Costain West Africa and serves as Director in seven subsidiary companies, including Schlumberger Testing & Production Services Nigeria and Trans Amadi Facilities, and is Chairman of Nigerian Ropes. He is also a Member of the Institute of Directors in Nigeria. Karim has delivered numerous papers at international conferences and investment forums and has participated in a number of courses, including management and leadership programmes at the Harvard Business School and John F. Kennedy School of Government.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Press conf is live on their website - http://www.standard.be/
  • Options

Please god sell us off as well you tosser

Personally, I would definitely prefer the pragmatic Duchatelet regime we know, to the potential volatility of a moneybags newcomer such as the fellow from Nigeria.
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

Please god sell us off as well you tosser

Personally, I would definitely prefer the pragmatic Duchatelet regime we know, to the potential volatility of a moneybags newcomer such as the fellow from Nigeria.
    Really? I think RD is doing a good job and feel the club is making good progress. However, I think Kola would be more ambitious.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Pedro45 said:

Press conf is live on their website - http://www.standard.be/

Thanks. I couldn't understand it - I'm sure there will be a translation available soon.
  • Options
    Just finished. No idea what was being said as lip reading French is not my forte! RD sat between two younger guys. One on his left seemed to be the comms guy, and the other 40-ish bloke did lots more talking, so presumably the new owner? All very well behaved and good natured; parties all left with a smile.
  • Options
    Standard Liège e formalized the announcement at a special press conference. Roland Duchâtelet leaves the club. He sold the club to Bruno Venanzi, of Standard the current vice-president but also the head of Lampiris. The transaction amount was not disclosed.

In an interview with Le Soir in February, Bruno Venanzi said: "If one day he (Duchatelet, Ed) puts the club on sale, I will look at the record. But to say that I would buy it, it's something else. I do not have the means. "

With a higher bid right to any offer to purchase, the boss Lampiris is therefore arrived for their purposes.

-> Bruno Venanzi: "Anderlecht has no lesson to give to Standard"

So the Dutch Value 8 have not convinced the current president of Rouches. Last May, the emissaries of Value8 - which was positioned on the sale of the club in 2011 - had been seen in the company of Pierre François and Roland Duchâtelet.

Venanci: "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing"
    Roland Duchâtelet said at a press conference that the time had come for him to retire. "I saw that the fans did not see in me the leader he wanted. I had to find a solution, "said the former strong man of Sclessin. He added: "I have 10 years to decide to count the period of my life. Today, I have 350 weeks. "

He passed the torch to Bruno Venanci declaring "I found an ideal solution. Someone who has good hands to take this club. "

The new club president paid tribute supporters Standard. "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing," said Bruno Venanci who intends to open the capital to fans in three to five years .

"It is with emotion that I announce that I acquired all shares of Roland Duchâtelet. the standard also bought real estate shares, "said the new president.

http://www.lesoir.be/917427/article/sports/football/2015-06-24/roland-duchatelet-quitte-standardbruno-venanzi-reprend-club-direct
  • Options
    OK, so if Roland is "retiring", is he selling all his clubs?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Although the word 'retiring' didn't come from Duchatelet. It came from the reporter. It's also a translation and I assume it means retiring from Standard Liege rather than retiring full stop.
  • Options

Standard Liège e formalized the announcement at a special press conference. Roland Duchâtelet leaves the club. He sold the club to Bruno Venanzi, of Standard the current vice-president but also the head of Lampiris. The transaction amount was not disclosed.

In an interview with Le Soir in February, Bruno Venanzi said: "If one day he (Duchatelet, Ed) puts the club on sale, I will look at the record. But to say that I would buy it, it's something else. I do not have the means. "

With a higher bid right to any offer to purchase, the boss Lampiris is therefore arrived for their purposes.

-> Bruno Venanzi: "Anderlecht has no lesson to give to Standard"

So the Dutch Value 8 have not convinced the current president of Rouches. Last May, the emissaries of Value8 - which was positioned on the sale of the club in 2011 - had been seen in the company of Pierre François and Roland Duchâtelet.

Venanci: "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing"
    Roland Duchâtelet said at a press conference that the time had come for him to retire. "I saw that the fans did not see in me the leader he wanted. I had to find a solution, "said the former strong man of Sclessin. He added: "I have 10 years to decide to count the period of my life. Today, I have 350 weeks. "

He passed the torch to Bruno Venanci declaring "I found an ideal solution. Someone who has good hands to take this club. "

The new club president paid tribute supporters Standard. "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing," said Bruno Venanci who intends to open the capital to fans in three to five years .

"It is with emotion that I announce that I acquired all shares of Roland Duchâtelet. the standard also bought real estate shares, "said the new president.

http://www.lesoir.be/917427/article/sports/football/2015-06-24/roland-duchatelet-quitte-standardbruno-venanzi-reprend-club-direct

I don't want to split hairs, and I appreciate that it has been translated, but ten years is 520 weeks so I suspect there is something that we're missing.

However the suggestion that he has sold because the fans didn't think him a good leader so he should retire could well apply to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

Obviously, at this point in time, we don't know. But if he is the timing is a bit of a problem... unless it happens fast enough to not impact on investment. From the press release sounds like he is 'calling it a day'...
  • Options
    Maybe the word retiring is mistranslated, could it mean withdrawing?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

cant be a coincidence that this other guy is telling Bloombergs that he is considering buying us.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Tsk why is there nothing on the OS about this. Comms "team" too busy pranking on Twitter :wink:
  • Options
    Is it also a coincidence that a Belgian court has blocked EUFA`s Financial Fair Play rules. May be he recognises that FFP rules are falling apart and he cannot or is not willing to fund massive losses in any of his clubs.
    So yes, he could be giving up his grand pan european football plan.
  • Options
    KHA - As for the 10 years quote, he has been in charge at SL for three years, so has 7 years (350 weeks) left of his "life".
  • Options
    Could he even use the funds to buy RC Lens?