Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege reportedly being sold (Press conference at 10am)

Comments

• Options
    kentred2 said:

So all the flack he got from Standard fans drove him out as he wants to enjoy rest of his life is the gist?

Fair enough tbh. Can't argue with any of his reasons.
  • Options

Standard Liège e formalized the announcement at a special press conference. Roland Duchâtelet leaves the club. He sold the club to Bruno Venanzi, of Standard the current vice-president but also the head of Lampiris. The transaction amount was not disclosed.

In an interview with Le Soir in February, Bruno Venanzi said: "If one day he (Duchatelet, Ed) puts the club on sale, I will look at the record. But to say that I would buy it, it's something else. I do not have the means. "

With a higher bid right to any offer to purchase, the boss Lampiris is therefore arrived for their purposes.

-> Bruno Venanzi: "Anderlecht has no lesson to give to Standard"

So the Dutch Value 8 have not convinced the current president of Rouches. Last May, the emissaries of Value8 - which was positioned on the sale of the club in 2011 - had been seen in the company of Pierre François and Roland Duchâtelet.

Venanci: "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing"
    Roland Duchâtelet said at a press conference that the time had come for him to retire. "I saw that the fans did not see in me the leader he wanted. I had to find a solution, "said the former strong man of Sclessin. He added: "I have 10 years to decide to count the period of my life. Today, I have 350 weeks. "

He passed the torch to Bruno Venanci declaring "I found an ideal solution. Someone who has good hands to take this club. "

The new club president paid tribute supporters Standard. "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing," said Bruno Venanci who intends to open the capital to fans in three to five years .

"It is with emotion that I announce that I acquired all shares of Roland Duchâtelet. the standard also bought real estate shares, "said the new president.

http://www.lesoir.be/917427/article/sports/football/2015-06-24/roland-duchatelet-quitte-standardbruno-venanzi-reprend-club-direct

I don't want to split hairs, and I appreciate that it has been translated, but ten years is 520 weeks so I suspect there is something that we're missing.

However the suggestion that he has sold because the fans didn't think him a good leader so he should retire could well apply to us.
    I took it to mean that he saw he had around 10 years before retiring when he took over Standard 4 years ago, now he sees around 6-7 left (imprecise maths notwithstanding).

He seemed to be doing a lot of player selling at Liege last year, and the rumours of him selling up have been around a while. Conversely he still seems to be investing in Charlton, if £2.5m on Bauer is accurate and the work around the Valley continues. Unless Karim or someone else offers him a deal too good to turn down, I wouldn't be surprised if we have RD for another 2-3 years at least.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    This will of course add another "0" into Mr Bulot's transfer fee.
    Maybe they'll quote that as being bought for "two undisclosed fees?"
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Maybe they'll quite that as being bought for "two undisclosed fees?"

Unless the deal has already been done. It also doesn't seem as if Duchatelet has parted on bad terms with the new owner so I imagine we could still see some dealings with them. It'll be interesting to see where some of the staff go, i.e. the scouting network etc. Do they work for Standard Liege or are they employed by Roland?
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Maybe they'll quite that as being bought for "two undisclosed fees?"

Unless the deal has already been done. It also doesn't seem as if Duchatelet has parted on bad terms with the new owner so I imagine we could still see some dealings with them. It'll be interesting to see where some of the staff go, i.e. the scouting network etc. Do they work for Standard Liege or are they employed by Roland?
    Also, based on the suggestions of what he was earning I'm not convinced that we cannot find an alternative to getting him back.

I'd be happy for him to return, but there are plenty more fish in the sea.
  • Options
    As SL was in the process of being sold it may not have been possible to move assets until the sale was done.

This is common in sales of companies so that the seller doesn't sell of property etc just as the deal is done.

With the sale done it might mean the coast is clear and the Bulot deal can, if agreed, go ahead.
  • Options

As SL was in the process of being sold it may not have been possible to move assets until the sale was done.

This is common in sales of companies so that the seller doesn't sell of property etc just as the deal is done.

With the sale done it might mean the coast is clear and the Bulot deal can, if agreed, go ahead.

Igor de Camargo was sold this morning, just before the press conference!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wonder if he's ill or something? All the 350 weeks left stuff sounds a bit ominous. Maybe deciding to enjoy life and spend his bunce? Just sayin.

5 years to get into profit 18 ish months left to make profit then sell.

• Options
    être retraite - to be retired
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Igor de Camargo was sold this morning, just before the press conference!
    So presumably after the deal was actually signed
  • Options
    The challenge of taking Liege to the top of the Jupiler league and winning the play-offs is not an easy one. It requires good players, coaching and the ability to retain the best which is hard given the best Belgian players are abroad. And the TV deal in Belgium is probably not that big.

Liege has been a rough ride for RD, particularly last season so maybe he just wanted out? Ever since he sold talent last summer the fans kicked off.

I don't know whether he's left Liege in better shape than he found them but someone is paying a fair bit to take over. And that leaves him with cash in his pocket and 350 weeks.

Ideally he spends some of that time and money taking us to the next level.

• Options
    rikofold said:

Standard Liège e formalized the announcement at a special press conference. Roland Duchâtelet leaves the club. He sold the club to Bruno Venanzi, of Standard the current vice-president but also the head of Lampiris. The transaction amount was not disclosed.

In an interview with Le Soir in February, Bruno Venanzi said: "If one day he (Duchatelet, Ed) puts the club on sale, I will look at the record. But to say that I would buy it, it's something else. I do not have the means. "

With a higher bid right to any offer to purchase, the boss Lampiris is therefore arrived for their purposes.

-> Bruno Venanzi: "Anderlecht has no lesson to give to Standard"

So the Dutch Value 8 have not convinced the current president of Rouches. Last May, the emissaries of Value8 - which was positioned on the sale of the club in 2011 - had been seen in the company of Pierre François and Roland Duchâtelet.

Venanci: "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing"
    Roland Duchâtelet said at a press conference that the time had come for him to retire. "I saw that the fans did not see in me the leader he wanted. I had to find a solution, "said the former strong man of Sclessin. He added: "I have 10 years to decide to count the period of my life. Today, I have 350 weeks. "

He passed the torch to Bruno Venanci declaring "I found an ideal solution. Someone who has good hands to take this club. "

The new club president paid tribute supporters Standard. "Without the fans, the Standard is nothing," said Bruno Venanci who intends to open the capital to fans in three to five years .

"It is with emotion that I announce that I acquired all shares of Roland Duchâtelet. the standard also bought real estate shares, "said the new president.

http://www.lesoir.be/917427/article/sports/football/2015-06-24/roland-duchatelet-quitte-standardbruno-venanzi-reprend-club-direct

I don't want to split hairs, and I appreciate that it has been translated, but ten years is 520 weeks so I suspect there is something that we're missing.

However the suggestion that he has sold because the fans didn't think him a good leader so he should retire could well apply to us.
    I took it to mean that he saw he had around 10 years before retiring when he took over Standard 4 years ago, now he sees around 6-7 left (imprecise maths notwithstanding).

He seemed to be doing a lot of player selling at Liege last year, and the rumours of him selling up have been around a while. Conversely he still seems to be investing in Charlton, if £2.5m on Bauer is accurate and the work around the Valley continues. Unless Karim or someone else offers him a deal too good to turn down, I wouldn't be surprised if we have RD for another 2-3 years at least.
    If he lives that long!
  • Options
    Come on RD. You've got 7 years, to get Charlton, to win The Champions League, before you croak.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    razil said:

être retraite - to be retired

Nope

Un retraité - a retiree
    Etre à la retraite - to be retired
    Etre retraité - to be retired
    Se retirer (as in the article) - to withdraw/move away from

The phrase in that article reads:
    "le temps était venu pour lui de se retirer. « Les supporters n’ont pas vu en moi le leader qu’ils voulaient. Je devais trouver une solution »,"

Which translates as:
    The time had come for him to walk away [from Standard]. "I wasn't the leader the supporters wanted. I had to find a solution"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

kentred2 said:

So all the flack he got from Standard fans drove him out as he wants to enjoy rest of his life is the gist?

It worked then! I'll bring the flares and banners...

:-)
    FYI... You spelt flasks and blankets wrong ;)
    Best for ages.
  • Options
    Le désormais ex-président a souvent eu l'image d'un incompris. La conférence de presse de ce mercredi n'a pas arrangé les choses. Pour justifier sa décision de vendre le club, il a ainsi d'abord expliqué... qu'il allait bientôt mourir. Non pas qu'il soit malade. Plutôt un calcul mathématique: "J'ai pris l'habitude de décompter la durée de ma vie. Une personne vit en moyenne jusqu'à 75 ans. C'est mon objectif. Il me reste donc 350 semaines à vivre en bonne santé." Et d'ajouter: "La qualité de ma vie, mon bonheur personnel jouent un rôle prépondérant dans ma vie."

The former president often has the image of a man who is misunderstood. This Wednesday's press conference has not changed that. To justify his decision to sell the club, he first explained that he was going to die soon. Not that he is ill, rather as a mathematical calculation: "I've been in the habit of counting my life expectancy. The average is 75 years. That's my target. So I have 350 weeks left in good health." And he added: "Quality of life and personal happiness are the most important things in my life."

C'est vrai qu'il a connu des moments difficiles avec les fans rouches. "J'ai senti à un moment que c'était compliqué pour moi au Standard. Pour les supporters du Standard aussi, eux qui n'ont pas vu en moi le leader qu'ils voulaient."

It's true he's had some difficult moments with the Standard fans. "I have felt it was complicated for me at Standard. For the Standard fans, too, those who didn't see in me the leader they wanted."

Il cède donc le flambeau à Bruno Venanzi: "J'ai trouvé la solution idéale pour le club avec une personne dans laquelle je crois totalement. C'est un club que j'aime. Je le quitte mais je suis confiant parce qu'on a trouvé quelqu'un qui a la vision pour diriger ce club."

So he is passing the baton to Bruno Venanzi (the vice-president). "I've found the ideal solution for the club with someone I have complete faith in. I love the club. I am leaving it but I am sure that I leave it in the hands of someone with the vision to direct the club."

Il met aussi en garde son successeur: "Diriger un club, c'est plus difficile que diriger une entreprise ou un parti politique. Je souhaite bon vent à Bruno Venanzi."

He also warns his successor: "Running a club is more difficult that running a business or a political party. I wish Bruno Venanzi well."

"La montée de Saint-Trond n'a pas joué dans ma décision. Je n'ai pas un pied dans ce club", a-t-il précisé au sujet de son ancien club qui remonte en D1. "Je reste dans le foot. Mais pas dans le foot belge."

"Sint Truidense's promotion played no part in my decision. I have no foot in STTV", he clarified on the subject of his old club which has climbed back to the top flight. "I'm staying in football, but not Belgian football."

Au sujet des 20 millions de dividendes retirés en 2013 pour lesquels il avait évoqué son intention de les réinjecter dans le club, il s'est montré particulièrement évasif: "Le Standard a généré des bénéfices durant des années. La façon dont on gère le club dépend de la puissance des actionnaires. Il y avait un excédent. Je n'ai pas d'autres commentaires à ce sujet."

On the subject of the 20 million euros in dividends withdrawn from the club in 2013, and which he had stated he intended to plough back into the club, he showed himself particularly evasive. "Standard has generated profits for some years. The way the club is run is the prerogative of the shareholders. There was a cash surplus. I've nothing else to say on the subject."

Et de conclure: "Il y a des points positifs. J'ai beaucoup appris, à bien connaître le microcosme footballistique et médiatique en Belgique. J'essaie de retirer le positif et d'oublier le négatif."

And to conclude: "There are some positives for me to take away. I've learnt a lot, to understand better the Belgian football and media world. I try to keep hold of the positive and forget the negative."

Le montant de la vente n'a pas été communiqué. Pour rappel, la somme déboursée par Roland Duchâtelet pour s'offir le club le 23 juin 2011 est estimée à 34 millions d'euros. Il avait depuis lors investi dans d'autres clubs: Iena (D4 allemande), Charlton (D2 anglaise) et Alcorcon (D2 espagnole).

The sale price has not been divulged. Let's recall that the sum spent by RD to buy Standard in June 2011 is estimated at 34 million eorus. He has since invested in other clubs: Jena, Charlton and Alcorcon.

lavenir.net/cnt/DMF20150624_00668344
  • Options
    C.O.L.I.N told me Rolland invoked his release clause! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:
  • Options
    in all seriousness this surely has to be great news for Charlton! our potential is far superior to Standards, and he know knows it i would imagine!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

in all seriousness this surely has to be great news for Charlton! our potential is far superior to Standards, and he know knows it i would imagine!

But he took £20M out of Liege in 2013. He can't do that again.

What if he wants £20M this season ?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

The former president has Wednesday. And he added: "Quality and happiness are in my life."

The truth. Bloody Pigs again.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

But he took £20M out of Liege in 2013. He can't do that again.

What if he wants £20M this season ?
    he will take what he wants when we are relegated from the prem and he gets the 100 odd million :P
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I look forward to being relegated from the Prem. Burnley are going to walk back in this season the way they have done it, which is similar to the way we did it, second bite of the cherry weith an intact squad and money in the bank. If he has any sense at all he will do it that way again. And if he does I hope he gets credit for his sensible strategies.
  • Options

RD: I've got into the habit of counting down how long I have left to live. I aim to live till I'm 75, so I have 350 weeks to go"

Can i be the first to say RIP.

What too soon !

• Options

RD: I've got into the habit of counting down how long I have left to live. I aim to live till I'm 75, so I have 350 weeks to go"

Can i be the first to say RIP.

What too soon !

You're a sick man.