Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace away (Wed 23rd Sept, 2,900 tickets) - SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

This game will be just 3 weeks into my new job. Can I risk it ?

Same as mate
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Can someone enlighten to me as to why they call us the Clowns? Couldn't think of anything wittier?

It's to mock the fans that wore wigs, foam hands and face paint to certain games back in the late 90s/prem days I'm lead to believe.
  • Options
    5 k Charlton would be quite sufficient. Let's make an effort and try to get as many there as possible. I still prefer going to the tool box rather that sellout. But what a draw.
  • Options

Jints said:

Not sure. It's a big game but I really didn't enjoy the experience in our last game against them. My 10 year old being (accidentally) pushed in the back after we scored, smoke from the flares choking us, smashed up toilets and general aggro everywhere. Felt like an unpleasant trip back to the 80s. Think I may be getting too old for this kind of game...

shouldn't be the case but in my opinion I wouldn't take a kid under 16 or a woman of a nervous disposition. also, if you can't stand, or not prepared to stand, I'd urge you not to go. shouldn't be so but we know we will all be standing all game, wherever your seat is, so do yourselves a favour and stay away.

My 11 year old son really wants to go but I'm afraid he might see some goings on that no child should see and put him off going away again don't think I can risk it
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Risk what?
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Rossman92 said:

Can someone enlighten to me as to why they call us the Clowns? Couldn't think of anything wittier?

It's to mock the fans that wore wigs, foam hands and face paint to certain games back in the late 90s/prem days I'm lead to believe.
    You'd have to be pretty simple as well as rather gullible to believe that one.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Shat Himself hasn't dropped in with a few words of wisdom.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Risk what?
    Getting nicked! ;)
    Hmmm

Massive hangover as a minimum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think he was on last night.
  • Options

I just hope the police are a bit smarter than last time and don't try and make us all go to Norwood Junction when some of us have cars parked a mile in the opposite direction! Will we see the steel wall brought out again? Not defending the troublemakers but surely it's common policing knowledge that if you treat people like animals it's going to bring out the worst in some.

This needs heading off at the pass. I don't know who the match commander will be police wise, but asking in advance if they intend every single person in the away area to go to Norwood Junction after the game no matter what, then at least we will know.
    If anybody knows who I can contact then I will write and ask.
    I wonder if there will be coaches run from Charlton to the game.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Indeed he was.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Surely it was only a coincidence, can't imagine he saw the draw and came straight on here to say say hello to the fans of a club that they don't care about?
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Jints said:

Not sure. It's a big game but I really didn't enjoy the experience in our last game against them. My 10 year old being (accidentally) pushed in the back after we scored, smoke from the flares choking us, smashed up toilets and general aggro everywhere. Felt like an unpleasant trip back to the 80s. Think I may be getting too old for this kind of game...

shouldn't be the case but in my opinion I wouldn't take a kid under 16 or a woman of a nervous disposition. also, if you can't stand, or not prepared to stand, I'd urge you not to go. shouldn't be so but we know we will all be standing all game, wherever your seat is, so do yourselves a favour and stay away.

My 11 year old son really wants to go but I'm afraid he might see some goings on that no child should see and put him off going away again don't think I can risk it
    I doubt there will be anything on the sort of scale whereby you aren't able to nip away from any trouble in an instant.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I just hope the police are a bit smarter than last time and don't try and make us all go to Norwood Junction when some of us have cars parked a mile in the opposite direction! Will we see the steel wall brought out again? Not defending the troublemakers but surely it's common policing knowledge that if you treat people like animals it's going to bring out the worst in some.

This needs heading off at the pass. I don't know who the match commander will be police wise, but asking in advance if they intend every single person in the away area to go to Norwood Junction after the game no matter what, then at least we will know.
    If anybody knows who I can contact then I will write and ask.
    I wonder if there will be coaches run from Charlton to the game.
    I take it no one will be piling on the 75 in Charlton village, then all piling off in Lewisham for a wee then?

The memories!
  • Options

Had to clean his gimp mask again.
  • Options
    He's too busy putting together a really edgey banner that can be held up at kick off.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Ticket details are out. We've got 2,888. Game on the Wednesday.
  • Options
    Tie confirmed for Wed Sept 23 at 7:45. I'll have classes during the game so I'm rather pissed..... I only have one class on Tuesday's....... Bastards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Full ticket sales information to follow in due course
    George Jones reports

Charlton’s Capital One Cup tie against Crystal Palace will kick-off at 7.45pm on Wednesday, September 23rd.

The club have also received confirmed ticket prices for the clash at Selhurst Park:

Adults: £20
    Concessions (over 65, 18-21 or students): £10
    U18s: £5

Addicks fans will be located in the Arthur Wait Stand for the game and we have been given an initial allocation of 2,888 seats for the local derby.

Tickets are likely to go on restricted sale once the initial allocation has been received by The Valley’s Ticket Office. Full ticket sales information will be released in due course.

No seats will be on sale on the night of the game.

INITIAL
  • Options
    2.8 as an initial :-), happy Wednesday all
  • Options
    Glad its the Wednesday. I get back from a short break in Clacton on sea that morning.

From one sh*thole to another.
  • Options
    ads said:

ChiAddick said:

Glad its the Wednesday. I get back from a short break in Clacton on sea that morning.

From one sh*thole to another.

Living the dream
    Not my choice believe me.
  • Options
    On the Weds which is better for me than a Tues and only £20 a ticket

No excuse for not trying to get a ticket in that case - happy days
  • Options
    foxjam said:

Rossman92 said:

Cos everyone's terrified of clowns
    If Blood Harvest is anything to go by then I am
  • Options
    I think this will make general sale, and it does say initial so could get more if palace don't sell out and we require
  • Options

I think this will make general sale, and it does say initial so could get more if palace don't sell out and we require

I'd be astonished (and disappointed) if we don't sell 2,888 tickets before general sale.