Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace away (Wed 23rd Sept, 2,900 tickets) - SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options

You can see why they call us clowns.....

I don't understand why it says "fly" on his shirt???
    It's an instruction
  • Options
    msomerton said:

A Palace game, what to expect. Being kept behind for 1/2 hour after the final whistle and then force marched to the wrong railway station by the police, oh yes and some of are young pricks destroying poor peoples cars and front gardens. that will be great fun.

You must be so deluded if you think it's just the younger era that turnout for these sort of evenings

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Amen to that brother see you there

Charlton Dan it's the train concourse you stink out of piss
  • Options

se9addick said:

I think the tickets bands will be something like;

1.)valley gold and any attendees to pboro last night
    2.) season ticket holders.
    3.) general sale.

think that seems fair, I went to 13 away games last year but that has In no way benefitted the club, so although means I miss out think that they are fair restrictions.

I think stage two will be ST's with some sort of away history. Stage one will be as you say but with the caveat that they're season ticket holders. Stage three will be all other ST's.
    Apologies if I'm completely missing something, but I've always thought the triage with tickets is a bit weird. Given the cost of a VG membership is less than the cost of a season ticket, I always thought that a season ticket should top trump VG. Wouldn't it be more sense to be prioritised as:

ST+VG
    ST only
    VG only
    People with away stubs
    General Sale
    I don't think it's ever been people who just hold VG that get first chance, it's normal ST & VG first (although in this case it should be ST + Peterborough as well)
  • Options
    Can't wait
  • Options
    edited August 2015

agree with @ValleyGary usually I am league over cup all day long, but now I would love to beat palace, the game is sandwiched between 2 difficult away trips to Blackburn on the 19th and Cardiff on the 26th, so would we rest players against Blackburn and possibly lose and play strongest team at palace then have a weakened side against Cardiff on the sat?.

To be fair, Blackburn are currently 3rd from bottom and we beat Cardiff away last year with a slightly less satisfactory team than we have now. Both winnable games
  • Options
    Got my Palace supporting family friend coming to visit for the weekend after, come on lads don't let me down.
  • Options

Worst possible draw and this thread shows a few reasons why.

But I'll be there.

Give over mate....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace may be glad all over.

Fanny is tingling all over ( again ) ....

Players and manager with legendary status if/when we win this.

And more season tickets keeping Mandy & co busy.

What's not to like ?

• Options
    Not sure. It's a big game but I really didn't enjoy the experience in our last game against them. My 10 year old being (accidentally) pushed in the back after we scored, smoke from the flares choking us, smashed up toilets and general aggro everywhere. Felt like an unpleasant trip back to the 80s. Think I may be getting too old for this kind of game...
  • Options

Got my Palace supporting family friend coming to visit for the weekend after, come on lads don't let me down.

shureley shome mishtake?
  • Options
    Just had a quick look at one of their forums,feel a bit dirty now. All I can say is wow,they say we aren't their rivals but you wouldn't have guessed! Laughable comments,one of them even calls us pikeys!! Oh the irony lol :smiley: They say that once they beat us then we can crawl back to whatever lower league we play in,he must be one of their plastic Prem fans,no doubt doesn't remember Palarse being a Championship team for countless years. Just as most of them don't remember how they knocked all those small business' on their way to administration AGAIN. They really are so full of shit,pathetic. Imagine their embarrassment if,being such a massive club,they lost to little old Charlton lol.
  • Options
    Any possibility of it being on the thursday night? I know in the past they've shown live cup games on the tues, weds and thurs.
  • Options
    Couldn't have wished for a better draw especially at their gaff. Really looking forward to another great night out in Se25
    1969 and a Ray Treacy double bringing back some wonderful memories.
    Please repeat Mr. Tony Watt Watt Watt
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Just had a quick look at one of their forums,feel a bit dirty now. All I can say is wow,they say we aren't their rivals but you wouldn't have guessed! Laughable comments,one of them even calls us pikeys!! Oh the irony lol :smiley: They say that once they beat us then we can crawl back to whatever lower league we play in,he must be one of their plastic Prem fans,no doubt doesn't remember Palarse being a Championship team for countless years. Just as most of them don't remember how they knocked all those small business' on their way to administration AGAIN. They really are so full of shit,pathetic. Imagine their embarrassment if,being such a massive club,they lost to little old Charlton lol.

You're giving them too much credit they were 3rd Division (South & became Div 3 &4 1959) from 1925 to 1964 (when I was a teenager) and even had a spell in the newly formed 4th Division when I was in short pants albeit haven't been back to the 3rd Division (League one these days) since the mid 70's :wink: Being old school I don't have the same dislike for them as the Spanners but they are starting to grate on me more and more the older I get, pathetic outfit.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    bobmunro said:

shureley shome mishtake?
    He is actually okay, hates all their ultras, cheerleader, eagles and whatever else their embarrassing fans come up with as much as we do but he can't help what he was born into, well that is his excuse anyway. ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Redskin said:

Both mind - boggling yet predictable some of the turd in a champagne glass comments on here.
    Palace away in the cup? I can't bloody wait.

This excitement is like a forest fire - you can smell it, taste it and see it from a mile away.

And it reminds of you of being a kid burning Palace Scarfé (they don't get to call theirs Scarfy)...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This game will be just 3 weeks into my new job. Can I risk it ?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I will miss this game as I refuse to pay over any money to those dodgy winkers (misprint). I have never been back to Selhurst bar one Wimbledon game where I was invited with a free ticket by a mate (Jason Euell scored twice in a 2-1 win over Wednesday). I have no wish to go to that part of London ever again. I will follow the game online and also be singing Sha-La-la for as long as I can. For me, the league is more important, but winning is a habit, and a good one at that, so if we give big nose and his team a beating that will be fine!

Well said that man.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Not sure. It's a big game but I really didn't enjoy the experience in our last game against them. My 10 year old being (accidentally) pushed in the back after we scored, smoke from the flares choking us, smashed up toilets and general aggro everywhere. Felt like an unpleasant trip back to the 80s. Think I may be getting too old for this kind of game...

shouldn't be the case but in my opinion I wouldn't take a kid under 16 or a woman of a nervous disposition. also, if you can't stand, or not prepared to stand, I'd urge you not to go. shouldn't be so but we know we will all be standing all game, wherever your seat is, so do yourselves a favour and stay away.

• Options
    Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the "Rumours" thread, but a Palace fan/ST holder/away follower at my work reckons we will get the whole of the Arthur Wait stand except a block or 2 empty either side of us. Meaning we'll get around 5k, like I said just a rumour from a work colleague.
  • Options

Any possibility of it being on the thursday night? I know in the past they've shown live cup games on the tues, weds and thurs.

Anyone know the answer to this please?
  • Options

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the "Rumours" thread, but a Palace fan/ST holder/away follower at my work reckons we will get the whole of the Arthur Wait stand except a block or 2 empty either side of us. Meaning we'll get around 5k, like I said just a rumour from a work colleague.

Would love that to be the case but can't see it!
  • Options

I agree, would love it, can't see it, think it'll be 3k tops.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Anyone know the answer to this please?
    I doubt it because then our Saturday game with Cardiff would be moved.
  • Options

After the post match incidents at our last game there we will get the absolute minimum unfortunately.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Can someone enlighten to me as to why they call us the Clowns? Couldn't think of anything wittier?

Cos everyone's terrified of clowns