Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace away (Wed 23rd Sept, 2,900 tickets) - SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options

I must be the only person that thinks with out current league form, this is a distraction we could do without.

A tie against someone like Stoke or WBA, would have given our players a test but at the same time, if we lost, we could have easily brushed ourselves off and concentrated on the league.

Now all the fans are well up for it, theres a lot more riding on the game and it really matters now.

Is that not the whole point of supporting a team?

Games that matter?
    Of course, but id rather not see our league form , morale and current buzz about the place suffer as a result thats all.
  • Options
    agree with @ValleyGary usually I am league over cup all day long, but now I would love to beat palace, the game is sandwiched between 2 difficult away trips to Blackburn on the 19th and Cardiff on the 26th, so would we rest players against Blackburn and possibly lose and play strongest team at palace then have a weakened side against Cardiff on the sat?.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

agree with @ValleyGary usually I am league over cup all day long, but now I would love to beat palace, the game is sandwiched between 2 difficult away trips to Blackburn on the 19th and Cardiff on the 26th, so would we rest players against Blackburn and possibly lose and play strongest team at palace then have a weakened side against Cardiff on the sat?.

Realistically, regardless of what they say in the press/social media, a League Cup tie against Palace will be lower down in Guy & most of the players (especially those we signed over the summer) priorities than the league matches either side.

I don't think it'll be a distraction for the playing staff.
  • Options
    You can see why they call us clowns.....
  • Options
    I will miss this game as I refuse to pay over any money to those dodgy winkers (misprint). I have never been back to Selhurst bar one Wimbledon game where I was invited with a free ticket by a mate (Jason Euell scored twice in a 2-1 win over Wednesday). I have no wish to go to that part of London ever again. I will follow the game online and also be singing Sha-La-la for as long as I can. For me, the league is more important, but winning is a habit, and a good one at that, so if we give big nose and his team a beating that will be fine!
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how much they charge for this, no reason I would reckon for lower prices then usual
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Be interesting to see how much they charge for this, no reason I would reckon for lower prices then usual

£32
  • Options
    Palarse fan getting well up for the match:

https://youtu.be/6pjDFKM0BbE
  • Options

Pardew's bagman I presume. Pardew is toast - our Vikings are up for it already!
  • Options
    I think the tickets bands will be something like;

1.)valley gold and any attendees to pboro last night
    2.) season ticket holders.
    3.) general sale.

think that seems fair, I went to 13 away games last year but that has In no way benefitted the club, so although means I miss out think that they are fair restrictions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

3.) general sale.

think that seems fair, I went to 13 away games last year but that has In no way benefitted the club, so although means I miss out think that they are fair restrictions.

I think stage two will be ST's with some sort of away history. Stage one will be as you say but with the caveat that they're season ticket holders. Stage three will be all other ST's.
  • Options
    Both mind - boggling yet predictable some of the turd in a champagne glass comments on here.
    Palace away in the cup? I can't bloody wait.

This excitement is like a forest fire - you can smell it, taste it and see it from a mile away.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Can someone enlighten to me as to why they call us the Clowns? Couldn't think of anything wittier?

They call us Clowntown Pathetic.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Can't stand 'em. But at least those weird chavs dressed in black clapping and singing to Sister Act songs are not coming to the Valley. Hate everything about the club: the cheerleaders who are so rough they look like they have been rejected by Babestation, the Arthur Waite Stand - in the same condition from when we played there in the 90s, the stormtrooper, their Ultras - South London and Proud? More like Surrey and a bit sad, their kit - not sure what colour they wear now? White with a slash? Or red and blue with yellow? I mean who decided those 3 colours go together?; their pitch, always a state, the Lee Bowyer stand that looks like a big bus shelter; Pardew- bring that girl over to me (sorry legal team, of course that never happened on their preseason tour this summer....honest, I made it up); the tannoy man asking who scored the goal; their fans clapping to glad all over; their 8k new fans who think Charlton might be in Norfolk somewhere; the fans who think Palace played good football when they had Wright/Bright/hoofball; the fans who forget their heady days of regular 5k crowds in the early 80s; Parish - not as bad as Jordan but he really loves himself; plenty of full kit wxxxxxxx fans; fans who talk about their rivalry with Man U like they even know who Palsrse are? I am sure I could go on. Hate is too strong, that is for Millwall. No Palace are just a nothing club that no one really likes or despises...just like boring Nigel in accounts....

This. 1000% this.

The whole 'South London' tag they bang on about winds me up no end.
    If anything, it's actually a little bit funny. Predominantly sad, obviously, but funny. It smacks of a club with no real sense of authentic individuality; exactly what they are. I'm not really sure what they're all about. Such a bizarre outfit. On the one hand they've got the bellends behind the goal jumping up and down like they've quantum leaped from the Lazio Roma derby circa 1995. In reality, they're an indescribably embarrassing band of merry mincers who are so tragic they even look alike. A Palace mate of mine (sorry!) pointed out one of their "Ultras" (literally cannot type/use the word without thinking about them and chuckling to myself) walking past The Harp pub at Charing Cross the other day. Backpack, shorts straight out of a Matalan sale, and about as physically imposing/intimidating as your average garden gnome. Probably about 23-24 years old and could easily have passed for a German kid visiting London on a school trip.

Then you've got the happy clappy special brigade who pander to the tannoy announcer's request that they shout back the goalscorer's name. It really is up there with one of the lamest things I've ever seen in a British football ground; and that's without even mentioning goal music. Noteworthy mentions also go to the strange pre-match ritual of flying an eagle ahead of kick-off, perhaps in a bid to reinforce home their most recently concocted nickname (I'm sure they're called the Glazers). And no Croydon-based football club would be complete without some form of Americanisation - let's get some (for the most part) dog rough cheerleaders on board just so we can skew our confused identity just that little bit more. What a laughable football club they really are. I don't hate them, like I do Millwall, because I just cannot take them seriously. How could anyone?
    I'm with @cafctom on this one, the "South London and proud" thing winds me up to. I know it shouldn't. I know I should rise above it. But it does.
  • Options
    Fuck sake I'm in Tenerife when this game is played. The missus would not be happy me sneaking off to find a TV somewhere. Got to be coy and take her out to a sports bar that night... Any tips?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

3.) general sale.

I think stage two will be ST's with some sort of away history. Stage one will be as you say but with the caveat that they're season ticket holders. Stage three will be all other ST's.
    Apologies if I'm completely missing something, but I've always thought the triage with tickets is a bit weird. Given the cost of a VG membership is less than the cost of a season ticket, I always thought that a season ticket should top trump VG. Wouldn't it be more sense to be prioritised as:

ST+VG
    ST only
    VG only
    People with away stubs
    General Sale
  • Options

Fuck sake I'm in Tenerife when this game is played. The missus would not be happy me sneaking off to find a TV somewhere. Got to be coy and take her out to a sports bar that night... Any tips?

If you get any tips, please pass them on. I'm in Italy for the better halves 40th !
  • Options

take her out during the day and get her shit faced in the sun whilst not getting too pissed yourself, come the evening after dinner she will be ready for bed and will happily send you out to watch the football so she can get some kip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace had the Aurther Wait, Sainsburys, and top tier all closed last night...
  • Options

brogib said:

Tempted, 100 Euros return flights

it's got to be done, that's about what you pay for a mixed grill anyway @brogib !
    Problem is @cafcdave123 , I need somewhere to stay, like a shed in someones garden.....
  • Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

it's got to be done, that's about what you pay for a mixed grill anyway @brogib !
    Problem is @cafcdave123 , I need somewhere to stay, like a shed in someones garden.....
    well, you are welcome to either of the sheds mate but wouldn't you be more comfortable in the summer house?
  • Options

brogib said:

brogib said:

well, you are welcome to either of the sheds mate but wouldn't you be more comfortable in the summer house?
    Alright 2 sheds, I'll take the summer house
  • Options

Have they finally been condemned?
  • Options

Environmental Health?
  • Options

They got nearly 11k for the visit of Shrewsbury, so i think they'd expect double that for us but i can't see the police letting us have more than the 10% we're entitled to.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Can't stand 'em. But at least those weird chavs dressed in black clapping and singing to Sister Act songs are not coming to the Valley. Hate everything about the club: the cheerleaders who are so rough they look like they have been rejected by Babestation, the Arthur Waite Stand - in the same condition from when we played there in the 90s, the stormtrooper, their Ultras - South London and Proud? More like Surrey and a bit sad, their kit - not sure what colour they wear now? White with a slash? Or red and blue with yellow? I mean who decided those 3 colours go together?; their pitch, always a state, the Lee Bowyer stand that looks like a big bus shelter; Pardew- bring that girl over to me (sorry legal team, of course that never happened on their preseason tour this summer....honest, I made it up); the tannoy man asking who scored the goal; their fans clapping to glad all over; their 8k new fans who think Charlton might be in Norfolk somewhere; the fans who think Palace played good football when they had Wright/Bright/hoofball; the fans who forget their heady days of regular 5k crowds in the early 80s; Parish - not as bad as Jordan but he really loves himself; plenty of full kit wxxxxxxx fans; fans who talk about their rivalry with Man U like they even know who Palsrse are? I am sure I could go on. Hate is too strong, that is for Millwall. No Palace are just a nothing club that no one really likes or despises...just like boring Nigel in accounts....

This. 1000% this.

The whole 'South London' tag they bang on about winds me up no end.
    If anything, it's actually a little bit funny. Predominantly sad, obviously, but funny. It smacks of a club with no real sense of authentic individuality; exactly what they are. I'm not really sure what they're all about. Such a bizarre outfit. On the one hand they've got the bellends behind the goal jumping up and down like they've quantum leaped from the Lazio Roma derby circa 1995. In reality, they're an indescribably embarrassing band of merry mincers who are so tragic they even look alike. A Palace mate of mine (sorry!) pointed out one of their "Ultras" (literally cannot type/use the word without thinking about them and chuckling to myself) walking past The Harp pub at Charing Cross the other day. Backpack, shorts straight out of a Matalan sale, and about as physically imposing/intimidating as your average garden gnome. Probably about 23-24 years old and could easily have passed for a German kid visiting London on a school trip.

Then you've got the happy clappy special brigade who pander to the tannoy announcer's request that they shout back the goalscorer's name. It really is up there with one of the lamest things I've ever seen in a British football ground; and that's without even mentioning goal music. Noteworthy mentions also go to the strange pre-match ritual of flying an eagle ahead of kick-off, perhaps in a bid to reinforce their most recently concocted nickname (I'm sure they're called the Glaziers). And no Croydon-based football club would be complete without some form of Americanisation - let's get some (for the most part) dog rough cheerleaders on board just so we can skew our confused identity just that little bit more. What a laughable football club they really are. I don't hate them, like I do Millwall, because I just cannot take them seriously. How could anyone?
    I've said it before... You can't change your own nickname. Just ask my mate Shitface if you don't believe me! So they are and remain the Glaziers and there is nowt wrong with that but funny that they don't like it!
  • Options

I don't understand why it says "fly" on his shirt???
  • Options

I can smell the piss filled concourse already.

Not sure if I can make it so you might be Ok