Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Dolphins fan - I played for Kent Exiles (youth) and England U19s a few years back. Keen to see what they can do this year - playoffs not an impossibility by any means.
  • Options

Dolphins fan - I played for Kent Exiles (youth) and England U19s a few years back. Keen to see what they can do this year - playoffs not an impossibility by any means.

Used to play for the Tonbridge Tigers & Maidstone Pumas take it you know the Pester brothers.
  • Options
    I've been a Jets fan since about '93 I would guess. Used to collect the mini replica helmets that were about at the time. I also played a little bit at high school but nothing serious

A cracking sport, I'd much rather watch a random NFL game than a random Premier league game
  • Options
    Played free safety for Kent Rams as a junior - first on Blackheath, then at Sutcliffe Park and SAN CO sports. Great team we had. Junior team the year above me won the national championships one year. Broncos fan since the days of Steve Atwater, Karl Mecklenburg and Elway in the mid-late 80s - lived through the rough (second quarter against Doug Williams and Timmy Smith will take some beating as a sporting nightmare) and the smooth (back to back superbowls), then the ridiculous (Tebow Tiiiiiiiime!) and now the sublime (second coming of Peyton Manning)

It's never boring being a Broncos fan that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    AFC EAST:
    Bills – Avi_dAddick
    Dolphins – CharltonParkLane, 9goalswentpastperry, Jdredsox, kielyskickingboots, RomseyAddick
    Patriots – Sam3110, ForeverAddickted, RalphMilnesgut, SomervilleAddick
    Jets - CharltonMadrid, CAFCTrev, rina

AFC NORTH:
    Ravens - limeygent, Its_Hamer_Time
    Bengals - Bigbadbozman
    Browns - cafcbrown, creepyaddick
    Steelers - Ben18, WestSA, ScrappyCAFC, Pedro45

AFC SOUTH:
    Texans –
    Colts – Rossman92, CAFC1304
    Jaguars –
    Titans -

AFC WEST:
    Broncos – Leroy Ambrose, sonicstud85
    Chiefs – stackitsteve, johnny73, Minkcafc
    Raiders – MrOneLung, northstandsteve, All_Thaid_Up, se9addick
    Chargers - Blinkant, DamoNorthStand

NFC EAST:
    Cowboys – supaclive, Bilko, chester_conrad
    Giants – SuedeAdidas, EastStand
    Eagles – ValleyGary, twiggyaddick, cypriot_addick
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, hudson-son-son, tonyupnorth, cafckev, Pedro45

NFC NORTH:
    Bears – andyg90, Wright6679, addick16
    Lions –
    Packers – CAFCjoe94, Macronate
    Vikings - Lincsaddick, flyingkiwiDK

NFC SOUTH:
    Falcons – DanDavis, Karim_myBagheri, BrentfordAddick
    Panthers –
    Saints – LLMTP
    Buccaneers – danhughes99, Dannoo_86

NFC WEST:
    Cardinals –
    Rams –
    49ers – RDG, cs1986, Rob
    Seahawks - Cafcspud, thecrazyaddick
  • Options
    You can put me down for the Pats. Been following them since the mid 80's. Be nice when the season starts and we can see some real games. Pre-season is generally meaningless and just an opportunity for players to get injured
  • Options

Keep a look out for Jarryd Hayne at the 49ers. He is going to be a superstar

He's an ex rugby league player star who left the Australian NRL in his prime to pursue a dream. He seems to be making it a reality but early days.
  • Options
    I've not long been following it so am a relative novice, but I follow the Ravens, or try to!

It's not the same as watching in the US, but I'm going to Wembley at the end of the year to watch the Detroit Lions for my first NFL live experience.
  • Options
    Have been to a few games in the States and over here.

I guess I'm nominally a Raiders fan, but nothing like the passion I support Charlton with. Went to watch them in Oakland last year get beaten by the Cardinals, they were pretty terrible which made me like them even more - I always love an underdog I suppose.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brady let off - how predictable
  • Options

Used to play for the Tonbridge Tigers & Maidstone Pumas take it you know the Pester brothers.
    Yeah Dave was the youth Head Coach when I played there, top bloke.
  • Options

Not surprising given the lack of clarification on the punishment for the deflation of balls, and the circumstantial evidence that wasn't concrete, I mean a four game suspension for being "generally aware" that the ball pressure was lower than normal?! The same kind of suspension for taking banned substances or DUI?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Not surprising given the lack of clarification on the punishment for the deflation of balls, and the circumstantial evidence that wasn't concrete, I mean a four game suspension for being "generally aware" that the ball pressure was lower than normal?! The same kind of suspension for taking banned substances or DUI?
    He was aware he was cheating in a Championship game, others in the Patriots staff would have also known, the original punishment for the franchise was weak, the decision to overturn his ban was weak. Pitiful all round from the NFL.
  • Options
    The original decision to ban him on basis he probably was aware Was ridiculous.
  • Options
    I hate the Pats too.
  • Options
    Would anyone do a fantasy draft?
  • Options
    Since 911, the word 'patriot' has taken on a magical aura in the USA .. that's why the New England Patriots can do no wrong .. to besmirch the word 'patriot' is to show oneself as a raghead loving commie pinko .. unless you support Seattle of course ((:>)
  • Options
    Best thing about this thread? It's listed under "Non Sports Related"! How's that for a subtle dig at the ex-colonials.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I've always had an AFC and an NFC team - Steelers and the Redskins. Both hark back to my first US trip in 1972, when I visited both cities. Also follow the Bruins (who won the Stanley Cup that year while we were in Boston), but don't really have a fave NBA team. As for baseball, kind of like the Mets, Phillies, and Reds, but I went to see the Orioles once which makes them my team I guess - it was very cold!

I like New York so it's the Giants and Mets for me. Saw the SF Giants play so I have a soft spot for them, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most people in NE would accept there was an equipment violation. They accept that the equipment manager was doing something. Most believe they were rechecking the balls as the referees have shown a complete lack of care when they decide the pressure is low.

But the judge was no ruling on the evidence. He was ruling on labour law violations in the process. You can thank the NFL for that.

Overturning an arbitration ruling is notoriously difficult. For the judge to find three separate violations, each of which would have invalidated the punishment, was quite an achievement in the annals of NFL punishment incompetence
  • Options

Would anyone do a fantasy draft?

Can do it this Sunday if there is interest, I know people wanted to do it last year but it was left too late.
  • Options
    a decent season preview from the Beeb bee cee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/34179245
  • Options
    Never been into nfl, seen the odd super bowl final but don't really get all the hype. Off to see chargers first game of season on Sunday thou in SanDiego, thought be a good way to finish my west coast tour, that and they're playing a team who's logo is a blue lion, might be only ttime I actually see a team I support beat them!!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Think this was the game that got me hooked...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1WM00U0aE

been looking forward to the big kick off tonight ever since 1st Feb.
  • Options
    Have set up a mini League on sky sports fantasy nfl if anybody is interested.

Name- charlton life
    Password- mendonca
  • Options
    Brilliant!! On average, 11 minutes of actual action crammed into 3 hrs 12 mins!! Priceless! What an absolute load of tosh! Seems to be getting quite 'cool' to follow it though in this country for some reason. And they have the audacity to call it 'football'! Truly bizarre.

Stick it in Room 101 along with F1 and popcorn consumption at cinema's!!
  • Options
    thank you for your interest in the NFL thread.
  • Options

Brilliant!! On average, 11 minutes of actual action crammed into 3 hrs 12 mins!! Priceless! What an absolute load of tosh! Seems to be getting quite 'cool' to follow it though in this country for some reason. And they have the audacity to call it 'football'! Truly bizarre.

Stick it in Room 101 along with F1 and popcorn consumption at cinema's!!

Rugby Football
    Aussie Rules Football
    Gaelic Football
    American Football

All pretty much the same thing with most of the play with the hands instead of the feet, so I guess you think the same about those too?