Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Feel sorry for the Eagles fans after watching their performance yesterday against Dallas. What a shocking display, and i cant say i have ever seen a team play so badly over the last 25+ years!
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Feel sorry for the Eagles fans after watching their performance yesterday against Dallas. What a shocking display, and i cant say i have ever seen a team play so badly over the last 25+ years!

To be fair, it wasn't just the Eagles. The entire game was an absolute waste of time.
  • Options
    Superb defence by the Cowboys. Getting rid of Dimarco Murray looks a genius decision currently. He carried the Cowboys offence too much last year and no way can he do the same workload two years in a row. IF Des Bryant can come back later in the year (rumours of up to 10 weeks out now) and Romo continues to make good decisions and doesn't throw too many crazy interceptions, I actually think we can go all the way this year to the Divisional final at least! :-)
  • Options
    Shit, just read Romo is now out for 8 weeks!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

cafckev said:

To be fair, it wasn't just the Eagles. The entire game was an absolute waste of time.
    The Eagles were on "negative yardage" at one point at the start of the second half - I've never heard of that before, does that mean they literally gave up more yards (I.e were pushed back) than they gained ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

andyg90 said:

cafckev said:

The Eagles were on "negative yardage" at one point at the start of the second half - I've never heard of that before, does that mean they literally gave up more yards (I.e were pushed back) than they gained ?
    Yup, so could be sacked for a loss, could be a running back stopped in the back field for a loss, or a fumble recovery in the backfield for a loss
  • Options
    Or a penalty on a previous play. Think that can lead to negative yardage. So instead of it being 1st and 10 its 1st and 15/20.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

se9addick said:

andyg90 said:

cafckev said:

Yup, so could be sacked for a loss, could be a running back stopped in the back field for a loss, or a fumble recovery in the backfield for a loss
    EastStand said:

Or a penalty on a previous play. Think that can lead to negative yardage. So instead of it being 1st and 10 its 1st and 15/20.

Cheers, still learning the sport - I find that whilst Red Zone is great for just watching touchdowns etc you learn so much more by watching the full match coverage
  • Options
    se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

se9addick said:

andyg90 said:

cafckev said:

EastStand said:

Cheers, still learning the sport - I find that whilst Red Zone is great for just watching touchdowns etc you learn so much more by watching the full match coverage
    Sky had 'Redzone' as their main coverage a couple of years back didn't they? Fans hated it so they reverted back to full live games with Redzone viewing option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Think I'll just watch first 58 mins of Giants games in future. Appalling clock management again this week.

Think old Tom could be on his way out.
  • Options

Think I'll just watch first 58 mins of Giants games in future. Appalling clock management again this week.

Think old Tom could be on his way out.

I can't think who else is to blame.

It's not all on Eli because he isn't calling the shots, plus the guy has 2 SB rings. His time management and play calling have never been like this. He isn't the fastest but that's not his style. He needs a strong pocket in order to pull off the big plays like he always has done.

Is it McAdoo? He's tipped to be a future head coach. I'd only ever heard good things about him.

Maybe the game has just outgrown Coughlin.

• Options
    Good week in the AFC North moving on to 3 0, beating divisional rivals & looks like Big Ben is out for 4-6 weeks
  • Options
    Raiders win at Cleveland.

Now 2-1

Arizona looking good.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Raiders win at Cleveland.

Now 2-1

Arizona looking good.

Fair enough Arizona are a good team but the 49ers are dreadful this year. A whole offseason of Curt Warner remedial QB lessons and Kaepernick still throws gormless interceptions.
  • Options
    Anyone else going to Wembley on Sunday? After witnessing. Charlton's latest horror show on Saturday, then staying on to watch the rugby, then seeing Dolphins' feeble efforts last night I'm feeling pretty depressed about sport. But I'll be there on Sunday. Charlton Fulham in the pub first then Dolphins Jets. What can possibly go wrong?
  • Options

Anyone else going to Wembley on Sunday? After witnessing. Charlton's latest horror show on Saturday, then staying on to watch the rugby, then seeing Dolphins' feeble efforts last night I'm feeling pretty depressed about sport. But I'll be there on Sunday. Charlton Fulham in the pub first then Dolphins Jets. What can possibly go wrong?

Haha, I had the same weekend as you, Charlton lose, England lose, Saints lose, even my Sunday league team lost. Here's hoping for a better weekend next weekend. Enjoy Wembley.
  • Options
    probably missed this on here alerady, but is there a highlights show this season?
  • Options
    Not if you're thinking of the one Channel 4 used to do.
    All their games/coverage now with sky I believe.
  • Options
    NFL.com has brief highlights of every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think bbc are doing highlights.
  • Options
    Yes meant to be weekly highlights on bbc2 and the wembley games live on bbc2 or red button.
  • Options
    all 4 teams in AFC South have losing records at the moment. I don't remember seeing that before
  • Options
    rina said:

all 4 teams in AFC South have losing records at the moment. I don't remember seeing that before

Last year the NFC South teams had a losing record all year. Carolina eventually 'won' the division with a 7-8-1 record. A few years ago the Seahawks won the NFC West with a losing record
  • Options
    Watching the jets destroy the dolphins is great especially live on a sunday afternoon. Just into the 4th quarter and Chris Ivory already has about 70 yards more than the entire dolphins offence
  • Options
    Almost all the yards the Dolphins have gained have been pass interference penalties.
  • Options
    4 0 in Cincinnati, bring on the Hawks and lets see how good we really are!!
  • Options
    Raiders go down to Bears by a 50 yard field goal with 2 seconds remaining.

Sounds like Bears deserved it though.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Some real close encounters in this game week, 7 of the 13 games played separated by 3points or less.

My Chargers tied 27-27 with 2seconds remaining, missed fg, got lucky with an offside call, fg attempt.2 successful 30-27win.

Was hoping the Vikings could do a job over Denver, but in line with the season so far, Denver's D steps up at the right time and forces a fumble.

Dallas @ NO should be another tight one, with Romo out and Brees probably not 100% if he plays.

Edit: Oh I also must add, why is it both sports teams I support in CAFC and SD, have had such bad luck with injury this year?!
  • Options

4 0 in Cincinnati, bring on the Hawks and lets see how good we really are!!

5 0