Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Any of you lads staying up to the watch the game?
  • Options
    I was planning too.
  • Options
    Have to get up at 6.30 but I'm staying up for a bit of it
  • Options
    Able to catch a little bit having just woke up. Looks like NE already have this one sewn up though.
  • Options
    A reasonably comfortable win for the Pats. They didn't look sharp, but the Steelers made too many mistakes.

Could have done without the rain - plays havoc with the tailgating
  • Options
    Fell asleep before the match started, I see Brady threw four touchdown passes - was he the difference ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Fell asleep before the match started, I see Brady threw four touchdown passes - was he the difference ?

They have absolutely no running offence, so throwing is all they were ever going to get!
  • Options

Have set up a mini League on sky sports fantasy nfl if anybody is interested.

Name- charlton life
    Password- mendonca

I'm in.
  • Options
    Great entertainment between the Rams and the Seahawks earlier on.
  • Options
    raiders losing 30-0 to bengals at moment.

Still 3rd quarter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh well another season of complete misery following them what a shambles of a club they are.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Surprise defeats for Seahawks and Colts, Mariota looking good for Titans, Winston looking baaaaad. Bills will be tough this year, Raiders and Jags will be bringing up the rear
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Surprise defeats for Seahawks and Colts, Mariota looking good for Titans, Winston looking baaaaad. Bills will be tough this year, Raiders and Jags will be bringing up the rear

Wonder if this would be the first time that two quarterbacks who were 1st and 2nd picks in the draft have played eachother opening day?

Are Tampa wishing they could choose the other way now !!!

• Options
    Ahh you can't judge a rookie QB on 1 game though. I'm sure that he'll settle down. If he was that bad he wouldn't have been drafted!

Can't believe we lost to the Cowgirls by a point :neutral:
    If this season is as disappointing as the last couple I'm not gonna be a happy bunny.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Ahh you can't judge a rookie QB on 1 game though. I'm sure that he'll settle down. If he was that bad he wouldn't have been drafted!

Can't believe we lost to the Cowgirls by a point :neutral:
    If this season is as disappointing as the last couple I'm not gonna be a happy bunny.

True, apparently Favre also threw a pick 6 with his first NFL snap, but from what I saw on redzone his throwing was very obvious, almost as if he's decided pre snap to throw to the left, ball snaps, triple coverage on the left, and he still throws there. Mark of a good quarterback is seeing what the defence are doing and reacting to it, Rodger's biggest asset IMO. Hopefully for the lad it was just nerves, but up against another first pick rookie and seeing how well he played will always draw comparison
  • Options
    Old school Raiders fan from the C4 days... Jim Plunkett as QB... a man so ugly he only needed a one bar face-guard....
  • Options
    A very apt name WoW when referring to our Raider Nation.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    AFC EAST:
    Bills – Avi_dAddick
    Dolphins – CharltonParkLane, 9goalswentpastperry, Jdredsox, kielyskickingboots, RomseyAddick, Hertsseasider
    Patriots – Sam3110, ForeverAddickted, RalphMilnesgut, SomervilleAddick
    Jets - CharltonMadrid, CAFCTrev, rina

AFC NORTH:
    Ravens - limeygent, Its_Hamer_Time
    Bengals - Bigbadbozman
    Browns - cafcbrown, creepyaddick
    Steelers - Ben18, WestSA, ScrappyCAFC, Pedro45

AFC SOUTH:
    Texans –
    Colts – Rossman92, CAFC1304
    Jaguars –
    Titans -

AFC WEST:
    Broncos – Leroy Ambrose, sonicstud85
    Chiefs – stackitsteve, johnny73, Minkcafc
    Raiders – MrOneLung, northstandsteve, All_Thaid_Up, se9addick, World of Woe
    Chargers - Blinkant, DamoNorthStand, Callumcafc

NFC EAST:
    Cowboys – supaclive, Bilko, chester_conrad, Callumcafc
    Giants – SuedeAdidas, EastStand, AddicksAddict
    Eagles – ValleyGary, twiggyaddick, cypriot_addick
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, hudson-son-son, tonyupnorth, cafckev, Pedro45

NFC NORTH:
    Bears – andyg90, Wright6679, addick16
    Lions –
    Packers – CAFCjoe94, Macronate
    Vikings - Lincsaddick, flyingkiwiDK

NFC SOUTH:
    Falcons – DanDavis, Karim_myBagheri, BrentfordAddick
    Panthers –
    Saints – LLMTP, The Red Robin
    Buccaneers – danhughes99, Dannoo_86

NFC WEST:
    Cardinals –
    Rams –
    49ers – RDG, cs1986, Rob
    Seahawks - Cafcspud, thecrazyaddick
  • Options

AFC EAST:
    Bills – Avi_dAddick
    Dolphins – CharltonParkLane, 9goalswentpastperry, Jdredsox, kielyskickingboots, RomseyAddick
    Patriots – Sam3110, ForeverAddickted, RalphMilnesgut, SomervilleAddick
    Jets - CharltonMadrid, CAFCTrev, rina

AFC NORTH:
    Ravens - limeygent, Its_Hamer_Time
    Bengals - Bigbadbozman
    Browns - cafcbrown, creepyaddick
    Steelers - Ben18, WestSA, ScrappyCAFC, Pedro45

AFC SOUTH:
    Texans –
    Colts – Rossman92, CAFC1304
    Jaguars –
    Titans -

AFC WEST:
    Broncos – Leroy Ambrose, sonicstud85
    Chiefs – stackitsteve, johnny73, Minkcafc
    Raiders – MrOneLung, northstandsteve, All_Thaid_Up, se9addick, World of Woe
    Chargers - Blinkant, DamoNorthStand

NFC EAST:
    Cowboys – supaclive, Bilko, chester_conrad
    Giants – SuedeAdidas, EastStand, AddicksAddict
    Eagles – ValleyGary, twiggyaddick, cypriot_addick
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, hudson-son-son, tonyupnorth, cafckev, Pedro45

NFC NORTH:
    Bears – andyg90, Wright6679, addick16
    Lions –
    Packers – CAFCjoe94, Macronate
    Vikings - Lincsaddick, flyingkiwiDK

NFC SOUTH:
    Falcons – DanDavis, Karim_myBagheri, BrentfordAddick
    Panthers –
    Saints – LLMTP
    Buccaneers – danhughes99, Dannoo_86

NFC WEST:
    Cardinals –
    Rams –
    49ers – RDG, cs1986, Rob
    Seahawks - Cafcspud, thecrazyaddick

Put me in for Saints.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm following the Chargers and the Cowboys at the moment. I know that would sound like an idiotic thing to say if I was an American talking about the Premier League.

I know I will gravitate towards one of those two over time hopefully by getting out there and seeing a game in California or Texas. Although I hear the Chargers may well be on the move to LA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very happy with week 1 from the boys from Cincinnati, I feel there maybe some sterner tests out there over the next few games but feeling optimistic about this season
  • Options

I'm following the Chargers and the Cowboys at the moment. I know that would sound like an idiotic thing to say if I was an American talking about the Premier League.

I know I will gravitate towards one of those two over time hopefully by getting out there and seeing a game in California or Texas. Although I hear the Chargers may well be on the move to LA.

The LA move has been on the horizon for a while for us.

Not exactly a massive upheaval - only 2 hours drive up the California coast - and the team enjoy massive support in Orange County (which is why I follow them) so I dare say some fans will see their journey cut.

Whilst not a football hotbed like Texas, LA really does need an NFL team.
  • Options

Not exactly a massive upheaval - only 2 hours drive up the California coast - and the team enjoy massive support in Orange County (which is why I follow them) so I dare say some fans will see their journey cut.

How do you think the landscape in LA has changed that the city would carry an NFL team? After all this would be the LA's 3rd attempt at a franchise. Just curious to know as it seems to have been on the cards for a long time but nothing has moved in that direction for the last 10 years or so.
  • Options
    Have read talks of both Chargers and Rams moving in one fail swoop and sharing a brand new stadium so LA will have two franchises.
  • Options
    Was at the Qualcomm yesterday to see chargers beat the lions. I'm hooked, what a sport to see live, a real spectacle. Thought be far too American for me but what an atmosphere.
  • Options
    LLMTP said:

How do you think the landscape in LA has changed that the city would carry an NFL team? After all this would be the LA's 3rd attempt at a franchise. Just curious to know as it seems to have been on the cards for a long time but nothing has moved in that direction for the last 10 years or so.
    I personally think it needs a team, more for the profile of NFL as much as anything. LA is a humongous hot bed of culture, they have at least 2 franchises in the other major sports, Lakers and Clippers, Dodgers and Angels, Kings and Ducks.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Blackpool and Dolphin fan - I reckon I did something wrong in a previous life. Got tickets for all 3 Wembley games.
    Go Fins.
  • Options
    Why has LA been unable to support a franchise thus far ?
  • Options
    One thing I have always wondered about is support for a franchise modelled league, from a fans perspective. For example if the Bengals moved their franchise to LA how would they generate fans in that area surely they already support an NFL team anyway maybe Raiders or Rams (previous LA franchises) do the fans suddenly switch allegiances? Would the people of Cincinnati continue to support the LA Bengals, would they support the other team from Ohio or support a local college instead?
    A perspective from stateside would be much appreciated on this one, thanks.
  • Options
    LA is the second largest TV market, however neither the Rams or the Raiders were well supported by fan attendance, this was due to a number of factors ( in Raiders case, gang culture playing a part) but mainly LA always preferred college football. On top of this LA didn't want to pay for new stadiums.

I don't want to see San Diego in LA, but likewise I don't want to see the Raiders playing in a lousy stadium in Oakland whilst SD and the Rams capitalize on the potential huge fan base in SoCal.