Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton snap up Everton's Conor McAleny on (8 week) loan

Our new wide man

Comments

• Options
    On loan at Cardiff last season. 8 games, 2 goals.
  • Options

Cardiff were quite poor last season and he was played out of position.
  • Options
    A 23 year old who is still trying to prove himself, after being at Everton since he was 11. A broken leg has hampered his progress but went on loan to Cardiff last season and scored 2 from 8 games. Can play as a wide man or striker and was a sprinter at school so lets hope he brings that pace to the Valley.
  • Options
    He likes Peter Tosh so he's alright with me
  • Options
    Seems to have had his fair share of injuries...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McAleny
  • Options
    Older than most of our players and hardly played anywhere
  • Options
    An interesting signing and not someone I have heard of, but GL must rate him to bring him in...lets see what he can do down the left side, which will allow Cousins to move back into the middle. I guess if he plays tomorrow it will be JBG, Cousins, Kashi, McAleny in midfield, unless Solly cant play again so shortly after Saturday in which case Cousins could drop to RB and Ba takes his place in central-mid.
  • Options
    never heard of him, but welcome to the club
  • Options
    Good news .. Everton has a justified reputation for finding and developing local (to Liverpool that is) talent.

I wish Conor all the very best of luck and hope that if he's successful with us the Toffees don't snatch him back if they are going through a sticky patch .. COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cardiff were quite poor last season and he was played out of position.
    It wasn't a criticism. Far from it. I think that's quite a decent record for a young player out on loan.
  • Options

Good news .. Everton has a justified reputation for finding and developing local (to Liverpool that is) talent.

I wish Conor all the very best of luck and hope that if he's successful with us the Toffees don't snatch him back if they are going through a sticky patch .. COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!

The way Everton played on Saturday, I can't see that happening in the near future!
  • Options
    The club's website has now confirmed that McAleny has signed an initial deal until 7 November. There are no Championship games on 14 November, so it could be that the Addicks will resign him prior to the Birmingham game on 21 November.

Such a move would allow the player to be available for all matches until the New Year.

Thanks Ketts
  • Options
    At 23 Solly had played over 100 games (had missed half a season because of injury by then as well)
    At 23 Conor have only played 17 games.
    2 at Everton the rest on loan, Scunny,Brentford and Cardiff.

The lad has been unlucky with injuries, but Talent should be there.

• Options
    People going on about signing Adam Johnson then we go and sign connor something or other.. You gotta laugh at charlton fans
  • Options
    He might be rubbish lets be honest, but I'm just happy we've signed someone!
  • Options
    Born is Whiston in Merseyside. Just like Steven Gerrard.
  • Options
    Is he a winger? Haven't seen that anywhere other than from the OP - listed as a striker everywhere I've seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Is he a winger? Haven't seen that anywhere other than from the OP - listed as a striker everywhere I've seen.

Sounds like more of a forward who can play on the wing if needed.
  • Options
    Great a striker. Surely we'd be better off getting an all out winger on loan? We've already got an out of position option with Cousins. Unless we really want him as a striker (which I can't see) I'd like so see is get another one in. Pritchard would be ideal but I've read Tottenham don't want to let him go yet.
  • Options
    Conor please do well here, would like a centre midfielder on loan also.
  • Options

He likes Peter Tosh so he's alright with me

i think you've miss heard henry, it was said he was tosh!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    One more versatile winger who can operate down both flanks and I'll be happy

Connor joins the others like... Kashi / Bauer / Makienok who I'd never heard of before joining so making no judgement calls, this must be a Luzon signing too, I cant think how he'd be recommended by anyone else