Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton snap up Everton's Conor McAleny on (8 week) loan

Comments

• Options
    Lepoint deserved it!
  • Options
    Better than Vetokele though wasn't he.
  • Options
    Thought he looked ok.
  • Options
    McAleny didn't look like the answers to out left wing problems for one minute, his natural game is to gravitate to the centre, there was acres of space on the left hand side and nobody there
  • Options
    I like the look of him. Will help JBG to have another creative option on the pitch
  • Options

Wow. Are we writing him off already? This must be a new record.

You know what's sad? It really isn't
  • Options
    Thought technically he looked ok, needed to understand when our players would make their one run off the ball but that will come with training with the squad for more than a day
  • Options
    Looks more of a natural, pacy type player than Cousins does and thought he looked OK. Looks like he has a bit of pace and drive about him which could come in handy.

Start him against Blackburn and put Cousins inside instead of Ba for crying out loud.
  • Options
    I thought he looked pretty lively when he came on.
  • Options
    Lively? Plus point? Sorry have some bollox to say he looked awful when he came on, couldn't trap a bag of cement and 3 shots when should have passed. Now i not writing him off because i've heard good things about him and he came at a time when the whole team were dreadful. We shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Looks more of a natural, pacy type player than Cousins does and thought he looked OK. Looks like he has a bit of pace and drive about him which could come in handy.

Start him against Blackburn and put Cousins inside instead of Ba for crying out loud.

McAleny didn't look like he wanted to be on the wing either,
  • Options
    So he's a striker were going to play on the left wing. Classic charlton move, that'll get the best out of him
  • Options
    Stewart said:

His shots reminded me of Simon Church.

Thought exactly the same. Very disappointing . What is it with professional footballers and their inability to strike the ball cleanly and powerfully...

• Options
    mrbligh said:

So he's a striker were going to play on the left wing. Classic charlton move, that'll get the best out of him

Didn't look like a striker to me. More like a JBG type player, but right footed and looks to cut in from the left.

Would rather see a left footed winger as we had with Bulot last season but he should be more comfortable on the left than Cousins.
  • Options
    Thought he was bright, has an excellent first touch and looked to get on the ball at every opportunity. Yes he did scuff a couple of shots and it might be he can't strike a ball cleanly.

But at least they were on target. Ba showed him how to put your foot through the ball - and blasted it 10 yards over in the process. Big Mak demonstrated the art of hitting the ball with the outside of the boot - nowhere near the target again.

So please let's just give the boy a chance. And ten minutes doesn't constitute a "chance". 99 minutes is a chance - and that's exactly the amount of time the likes of Watt had. How many meaningful shots did he have?
  • Options
    Anyone know if he's available for Wednesday?
  • Options
    Just remembered another highlight of the day.

Connor picking the ball up thinking it had gone out but it hadn't.

Might have been funny if we'd been 3 up.
  • Options
    MCAleny and Reza are the new names on Walkers crisp packets.

Both blowing aimlessly across the pitch and easily dislodged with a slight nudge.
  • Options

Jeeesus, I'd actually managed to block that out of my memory, but you've just brought it back.

I mean, not only does he appear not to be good enough to get into our team when a) we've had plenty of injuries and b) we are shit; but he then comes on and picks the ball up when its still in play.

Speechless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't rate him at all, looks okay with the ball in ineffective areas but is useless when it comes to the final shot/pass.
  • Options
    Can't believe he's 23
  • Options
    We got a penalty like that once. Notts County player in the box thought he heard the whistle and picked the ball up.
  • Options

Yep he also skipped through their defence and got a shot away that was just caught by Button.
  • Options
    Wasn't particularly excited when he signed and to be perfectly honest I think some of the "good up and coming" youngsters would/could have done as well if not better. It also really doesn't help joining a team/club that is in a bit of shit at the moment!!
    I wish the lad well but he will be no great loss when he returns to Everton. He has definitely had the chances to make a name for himself here, unfortunately for us (and him) it just never worked out.
  • Options
    Send him back soon as possible!
  • Options

I thought he was an improvement on Moussa.

Yes he was,tragic isn't it
  • Options
    We really needed a natural winger on loan. Why other than a couple of loans do we get bad loan players who don't really make much difference to our team?
  • Options

I thought he was an improvement on Moussa.

No way. Reading away moussa was our best player, Mcaleny is shit and hasn't given us anything in the games he's played . Send him back