Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton snap up Everton's Conor McAleny on (8 week) loan

Comments

• Options
    Maybe Reza has had a set back with his injury?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

If the club are over budget on wages already it does make sense to sign him on a short term basis because if he doesn't do well enough he can go back and/or if we get back Ceballos and Moussa we might not need him after 7th November.

I don't want to jinx it but we haven't signed players that have bombed since Luzon took over so I'm inclined to think this will prove to be another good signing.

Lepoint?
    I was under the impression that his signing was arranged before Luzon was 'in the building'. He certainly didn't play him much, which would suggest that he wasn't the one that chose him. However I could be wrong.
    I recently saw an interview with Lepoint on tele after he played a very good match, scored a goal and gave a decisive last pass. As I said before, he really has a very good reputation in Belgium, however I noticed something else: he only speaks and understands one language .... French ! I wouldn't be surprised that he just didn't fit in due to lack of communication.
  • Options

So, a player no-ones heard of, who has hardly played any games even though he is 23 and is going to be played out of position,

can I be the first one to say that I'm underwhelmed !!

I wouldn't expect you to say anything else!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    skywalker said:

If the club are over budget on wages already it does make sense to sign him on a short term basis because if he doesn't do well enough he can go back and/or if we get back Ceballos and Moussa we might not need him after 7th November.

I don't want to jinx it but we haven't signed players that have bombed since Luzon took over so I'm inclined to think this will prove to be another good signing.

Lepoint?
    I was under the impression that his signing was arranged before Luzon was 'in the building'. He certainly didn't play him much, which would suggest that he wasn't the one that chose him. However I could be wrong.
    I recently saw an interview with Lepoint on tele after he played a very good match, scored a goal and gave a decisive last pass. As I said before, he really has a very good reputation in Belgium, however I noticed something else: he only speaks and understands one language .... French ! I wouldn't be surprised that he just didn't fit in due to lack of communication.
    Maybe these were mitigating circumstances but the glimpses I saw of him didn't impress and football is a common language the world over. He was ponderous and didn't seem up to the pace of Championship football or have the best of touches. However he did create havoc in the penalty area late in one game when pushed up front and helped create a goal. Anyway good luck to him for the future. May the force be with you :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Everton-supporting work colleague described him as a 'solid reserve'.
    Welcome Conor.
  • Options

ex Charlton Graham Stuart is involved with the Toffees I think so he might have been instrumental in this move

Graham Stuart probably gave us some good speedway tips too!
  • Options
    Never heard of the fella, I wish him well.
  • Options
    We've got a really strong squad now
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Scouted by the legend that fire by the name of Phil chapple ???

Ahh, that'll be it - same age as Phil's shirt number no-brainer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Never heard of the fella, I wish him well.

That's not the 1st and won't be the last time we say that MIA.

• Options
    All my family are toffees and rate him highly they have even said they are tempted to visit the valley to watch him
    So it's a win win win for charlton
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Older than most of our players and hardly played anywhere

Like most of our players?
  • Options
    lets hope its an inspired bit of business
  • Options
    He doesn't look like a winger after tonight. Not sure if he is a striker yet - wonder what the plan is for him.

Very early days but his shots had a touch of sponge about them.
  • Options

He doesn't look like a winger after tonight. Not sure if he is a striker yet - wonder what the plan is for him.

Very early days but his shots had a touch of sponge about them.

They were weak shots but he has no other option but to shoot. The support play today was dreadful and the shots were from distance.
  • Options
    Thought he looked lively. Looked to play people in. Stepped into what was a bad team performance. Probably the only plus point.
  • Options
    My five year old was saying 'daddy, why doesn't he just boot it, I booted one from half way at football practice today and it was powerful enough to go in, why are his shots so weak daddy?'

Well um I don't know son but he looks to have a good touch and be a bit lively....

'Yes daddy but what about the shots'

Fortunately he hardly touched the ball after that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect young Mikhail was asking something similar....
  • Options
    Thought he looked very bright. Popped up in some great positions between the lines, but sadly no-one seemed to be on the same wavelength as him. With Watt moping around trying nutmegs and only running hard when he's closing down the keeper, and Igor looking half as fast as he was a year ago, he didn't have much to work with.
  • Options
    His shots reminded me of Simon Church.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Sums up the evening!
  • Options
    Stewart said:

This!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hey, guys? Guys?

I think he kicked the ball in a manner redolent of

~you'renotgonnabelievethis~

a certain Welsh former employee of ours

known for his

lack

of shooting power
  • Options
    He actually bothered to run at the Huddersfield defence. That alone made him better than majority of our players on the pitch tonight.
  • Options
    Think Lepoint got 10 minutes tbf but yeah lol