Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton snap up Everton's Conor McAleny on (8 week) loan

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Agree that Karel's comments appear ill judged and can only damage what little chance we had of getting decent loan players in the future.
  • Options
    McAleny didn't work hard enough v MK Dons and was rightly taken off at half-time to be replaced by KAG (who did work hard enough). For whatever reason, it wasn't working for the lad so it's best that he goes back.

KAG is now probably the man in possession for one the wing positions and he's already shown that he's got some ability to make that work.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I thought he showed glimpses of good skill and link play. Those around him didn't help. Think he might end up being a bit better than most of you think

See Scott Sinclair under Pardew.
  • Options
    He subbed him at Half Time in the week didn't he ? I imagine KF told him he wouldn't feature at the weekend so may as well do one now.
  • Options
    Perhaps Everton, a club with a good reputation for bringing through young players, withdrew McAleny knowing that young players don't thrive in a shambles.
  • Options
    Looked decent on the ball but never seemed that much of a threat. Seems to be one of those attacking players who you're not sure what is best position is.

With such a young squad he wasn't really the type of loan we needed.
  • Options
    I see spongefoot mark 2 hasn't lost his touch with his second goal in three games for Wigan:

skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10175173/walsall-1-2-wigan

Or is it just what confidence does for you?
  • Options
    just watched the whole of that .reminds me why it is so depressing in league1
  • Options

I see spongefoot mark 2 hasn't lost his touch with his second goal in three games for Wigan:

skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10175173/walsall-1-2-wigan

Or is it just what confidence does for you?

Crap management. Clearly not a bad player.
  • Options
    I know I've said that we're not down until its mathematically confirmed but is anyone else looking at that fight for the League One title hoping that certain teams come up?

i.e. If we go down I'm hoping that Wigan get automatic whilst Sheffield United sneak into the Play-Offs (not too fussed about any of the other teams as Walsall would lose Bradshaw / Gillingham would lose Dack and Coventry wont have Armstrong.

If we stay up though I'm hoping that Burton / Walsall and Gillingham all come up... All have done really well this season as those three should surely be rivals for the other end of the table and deserve to be where they are
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thundering goal at Walsall! Is it just at Charlton all these players turn shite!!?? Him, Simon Francis etc etc etc
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Thundering goal at Walsall! Is it just at Charlton all these players turn shite!!?? Him, Simon Francis etc etc etc

A thundering goal, but no one closed him down and he had a totally free shot. You don't get that luxury in The Championship (unless you're playing Charlton).