Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton snap up Everton's Conor McAleny on (8 week) loan

Comments

• Options
    I'm a little bit puzzled but then it doesn't take much
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Can understand people being confused on here... Definitely sounds like a signing from the Pardew days when we got relegated from the Premier League (i.e. Martyn Waghorn).

We proved last season though, we're not going to sign Loan Players for the sake of it so he might not be a big name signing like Jermaine Pennant or Adam Johnson yet I have faith that Luzon will have thoroughly scouted him etc... prior to making the signing, remember the only knee jerk reactions our Guy makes is when he's crouching up and down
  • Options
    I wonder, at 23, if there's a chance for a permanent deal.
  • Options
    Plus to those questioning the length of the loan... Isnt it a case of you get X number of short term loan players per season and X number of long terms players per season.

If we sign Conor on a short term loan arent we allowed to extend it by a short period a couple of times (Meaning he still only takes up the one short loan slot on our books), before we have to turn it into a long term option?

Am sure that was a case with one of our players a few years ago
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Is he a winger? Haven't seen that anywhere other than from the OP - listed as a striker everywhere I've seen.

Equally adept at playing up front as well as wide, the 23-year-old enjoyed an eight-game spell at Cardiff City in the latter period of last season, finding the net twice.
  • Options
    Maybe this signals a change of formation, JBG and 2 holding midfielder, then 3 of Watt, Vitokele, Conner and the Viking up top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the club are over budget on wages already it does make sense to sign him on a short term basis because if he doesn't do well enough he can go back and/or if we get back Ceballos and Moussa we might not need him after 7th November.

I don't want to jinx it but we haven't signed players that have bombed since Luzon took over so I'm inclined to think this will prove to be another good signing.
  • Options

If the club are over budget on wages already it does make sense to sign him on a short term basis because if he doesn't do well enough he can go back and/or if we get back Ceballos and Moussa we might not need him after 7th November.

I don't want to jinx it but we haven't signed players that have bombed since Luzon took over so I'm inclined to think this will prove to be another good signing.

Lepoint?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Welcome Conor, hoping he can do a good job on the left, as not sure we need another striker.
  • Options

Lepoint?
    I was under the impression that his signing was arranged before Luzon was 'in the building'. He certainly didn't play him much, which would suggest that he wasn't the one that chose him. However I could be wrong.
  • Options
    I still think we are two or three players short of a very competitive side. With Moussa and Ceballos back we have options too
  • Options

Lepoint?
    I was under the impression that his signing was arranged before Luzon was 'in the building'. He certainly didn't play him much, which would suggest that he wasn't the one that chose him. However I could be wrong.
    Surprised by that since Luzon was officially hired a good two weeks before Lepoint signed, not that i am having a go at Luzon, as its not like he has full control over player signings anyway, just thought i would point out we have made a bad signing within his time as Head Coach.
  • Options
    At least, thanks to playing for Cardiff, he is used to playing in red
  • Options
    Scouted by the legend that fire by the name of Phil chapple ???
  • Options
    Goes. Typo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    markmc68 said:

Scouted by the legend that fire by the name of Phil chapple ???

Chat between Phil Chapple and Graham Stuart.

• Options

I wonder, at 23, if there's a chance for a permanent deal.

steady on, no ones seen him play yet.
  • Options

Lepoint?
    Surprised by that since Luzon was officially hired a good two weeks before Lepoint signed, not that i am having a go at Luzon, as its not like he has full control over player signings anyway, just thought i would point out we have made a bad signing within his time as Head Coach.
    You are, of course, quite correct, but I was under the impression that January signings are normally identified in November or December. Having said that there were suggestions that Luzon was Luzon was lined up to take over long before he arrived so you could well be correct and Lepoint could have been down to him.

I'm still optimistic that Conor will be a good player for us though.
  • Options

Err, Le Pont.
  • Options
    Lepoint was a Peeters find wasn't he? I'm sure that's what was said at the time.
  • Options
    good move, bound to score against Cardiff, can we also borrow a couple who have also played for Fulham and Ipswich?
  • Options
    I can't see why he'd have been signed as a striker...
    But then last year we were all surprised when we signed Johnson saying we don't need a CB but it turned out we did... so guy knows best..
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Lepoint was a Peeters find wasn't he? I'm sure that's what was said at the time.

That makes his signing even more bizarre then it already was, considering Peeters had been fired two and a half weeks before Lepoint put pen to paper.