Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton snap up Everton's Conor McAleny on (8 week) loan

Comments

• Options
    We have had some shit loan players over the years but he was right up there with the worst of them.
  • Options
    The Martin Crainie of wingers?
  • Options
    One of the most forgettable loan signings we've ever had, I'll never forgive him for missing that sitter against Fulham!
  • Options

I'd like Doyley in his always looked good to me I don't no now with his age but I thought he was decent and dare I say it I think solly is struggling. A lot of fans slating fox but I thinks Solly has struggled more.

Solly just hasn't looked up for it recently. Hasn't got much infront of him but he's still been pretty poor. Worst I've ever seen him play up at Boro. Fox was even worse though, as was Ba.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I'm not a big fan of Harriot but whoever decided this bloke was better then him needs shooting

Yeah who was looking after our scouting/player acquisition up until recently.......oh... :(
  • Options
    I couldn't fault him for his effort, especially compared to others. Always tried, when on the pitch. The problem was he wasn't very good.

Will probably end up at a league one or two club, and be ok there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminded me of Jordan Cook, remember him? No good on wing no better up front Lge1/2 at best
  • Options
    Yes, while the guy wasn't good enough, it's most unfair to suggest he didn't have the bottle, as if he was one of the bad eggs bringing the rest of the team down
  • Options

Lepoint deserved it!

Lepoint stated in a Belgian newspaper today that he is/was really pissed of with GL because he was positioned in front although he's a midfielder. Anyway, as I said before, he's really doing well at his current club. Anthony Knockaert (some of you may remember him) ... less so. Who would have expected that ?
  • Options
    Another great recommendation from Phil chapple ?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Who is our Chief Scout now and who is doing the background checks on the opposition?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

This is a whoosh right?
  • Options
    If there was a problem with Mcaleny's attitude it should not be made public as he is not our player & will deter other players coming on loan to us or other clubs loaning players to us.
  • Options

skywalker said:

Lepoint deserved it!

Lepoint stated in a Belgian newspaper today that he is/was really pissed of with GL because he was positioned in front although he's a midfielder. Anyway, as I said before, he's really doing well at his current club. Anthony Knockaert (some of you may remember him) ... less so. Who would have expected that ?
    I think it probably just goes to show that the skill sets required to be successful in England (particularly the Championship) and Belgium are subtly but crucially different and not all players have what it takes do well in both countries.

To be fair to Lepoint, he didn't play much in midfield (or anywhere for that matter) but that was because he was a player we just didn't need at the time because we had better players in his best position. Same goes for McAleny, he was doomed to fail from the start because we need(ed) a left footed winger who could go down the outside and cross, I'm not sure young Connor did that once while he was here. He was never the player we needed, tough for us to really judge him fairly.
    It reminds me a bit of the Kevin De Bruyne saga ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

If there was a problem with Mcaleny's attitude it should not be made public as he is not our player & will deter other players coming on loan to us or other clubs loaning players to us.

Especially by 2 days, that's just petty. How must he be feeling now returning to Everton.. certainly won't be waxing lyrical about us. He joined a struggling squad and wasn't ready for the Championship himself.. there's no need for us to use him as a flag boy to show we are battling. Let our results and willingness on the pitch show that.
  • Options
    He was no Francis Coquelin!
  • Options
    Made Danny Green look like Beckham, good riddance
  • Options
    Would he have been eligible to play on Saturday? If not, no point keeping him around to train for a game he won't be here for. Didn't really see the point of his loan. He didn't play in any of the positions where there are glaring holes in this team.
  • Options
    That miss against Fulham was worse than Tucudean's miss against Millwall. Won't be a big loss. I couldn't even pronounce his name
  • Options
    He is right up there with other Charlton luminaries like Omar Pouso, Cory Gibbs, and that midfielder we got from Wolves, I can't remember his name.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    skywalker said:

skywalker said:

Lepoint deserved it!

I think it probably just goes to show that the skill sets required to be successful in England (particularly the Championship) and Belgium are subtly but crucially different and not all players have what it takes do well in both countries.

To be fair to Lepoint, he didn't play much in midfield (or anywhere for that matter) but that was because he was a player we just didn't need at the time because we had better players in his best position. Same goes for McAleny, he was doomed to fail from the start because we need(ed) a left footed winger who could go down the outside and cross, I'm not sure young Connor did that once while he was here. He was never the player we needed, tough for us to really judge him fairly.
    It reminds me a bit of the Kevin De Bruyne saga ...
    Must have been a hard decision to choose us or Citeh! Wonder what sealed the deal?