Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Huddersfield - Post Match Thread

edited September 2015 in General Charlton
Very disappointing.

Down to 11th now and the good start to the season is now stArting to erode away quicker than the similar pattern of last season.

1 point from two home games against teams from the bottom three there can be no hiding from it is well below what was hopes, particularly with pretty much our strongest squad available bar the keeper.

Poor Pope made a real changer for the first, but it really didn't sound like we offered much anywhere tonight.

Look forward to the feedback

Comments

• Options
    @guinnessaddick

Worst than Saturday. Too slow in the build up, no movement off the ball. Tony, you have to learn when to pass the ball, you can't do it all on your own.
  • Options
    Absolute crap. Dreading next Wednesday.
  • Options
    Three soft goals in three games. Vast open space between the midfield and front two. Started another game unbalanced with Cousins on the left. Lacking any "Killer instinct".
  • Options
    First game of the season for me and was very disappointed.

Pope at fault for their first goal but our defence was all over the shop first half and they could have had three or four.

Big Mak anonymous, Ba very poor. Watt needs to learn to play with his head up and pass the ball.

Second half I couldn't 't understand why we didn't get the ball to JBG more - easily our best player but ignored most of the time.

Miller was a real handful for them and they fully deserved the points
  • Options
    Someone's given Fox a 1/10 on the ratings thread. What did he do? Did he switch sides or something?
  • Options
    Really bad tonight.

The best player on the pitch Saturday was dropped to the bench tonight - why?

We were inept in all departments from Pope who made yet another mistake to Jbg and Watt who had their worst games for the club.

What looked like a good start to the season 5 days ago now looks like a bad start and the lack of investment in the transfer window is coming back to bite us in the arse already.
  • Options
    Need Hendo back.
    Need scoring midfielders added to the squad desperately.

Scoring just 2 goals combined vs a pair of the worst defensive teams in the league, and both were CB's goals .. very poor. Being outplayed by a CP away from home team speaks in leaps and boundaries.
  • Options
    Tony Gale slated Big Mak on Sky, said he looked like he had his boots on the wrong foot. "Big lad, but on the floor he's not all that"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015

Tony Gale slated Big Mak on Sky, said he looked like he had his boots on the wrong foot. "Big lad, but on the floor he's not all that"

He would know about playing with two left feet. He did it most of his career.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm too angry for any analysis. I take defeats hard, especially defeats in that manner. I've got so much I want to rant about. Lots of the ball, nothing to show for it.

Shit
  • Options
    First game so can't comment on previous performances but that was woeful. Miller dominated our 2 very sizeable centre halves and Huddersfield had 2 wingers that attacked as wingers should. Watt has to realise it's a team game and his selfish style will soon grate on fans if there is no end product. Pope should have done better for both goals as he was far too far over to the left for the 2nd. Too early to be too concerned but a few more performances like that will get me a bit edgy. Liked Kashi a lot despite his last minute hoof!
  • Options
    Really really really bad performance. There's not much more to say other than I hate international breaks.
  • Options
    Couldn't make it tonight but desperately disappointing to get only 1 point out of 6 against 2 of the likely championship strugglers especially after the deserved wins over QPR and Hull. Did we just have a bad night or were the promising early results something of a false dawn? Probably too early to tell but we could certainly do with getting something at Blackburn to get back on track.
  • Options
    Pathetic performance. Playing Cousins on the left makes Luzon look as stupid as the previous managers. No need to drop diara today he is better then both Sarr and Ba. Really thought we would have a chance of being top 6 but no way. We are crying out for a left winger and a attacking centre mid but we get a forward from Everton.
  • Options
    Three tough games coming up. On the last two performances I'm not hopeful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gave them 2 soft goals. That made it like trying to break through a brick wall. No space behind. Only chance of a goal looked like a set piece (which happened) or a moment of Tony magic, but nothing came off for him tonight and then fans lost their patience with him.

Mak was ok apart from a woeful sitter he missed just before going off.

Ref unconvincing again.
  • Options
    @crookester

Another flat performance. 3 in a row now and starting to worry we're heading for a slump.

Huddersfield bossed the first half and would have been further ahead if they had a decent centre forward. Miller must have had about 4 headers that didn't trouble the goalie.

Both goals looked like goalkeeping errors, certainly the first one. The full backs had a tough first half with Scannell and their number 10 taking them on whenever they had the ball.

Our Midfield was devoid of invention with Ba having a shocker. Improved a bit in the second half with Cousins in the middle. Seriously, this wasting him on the left has to stop.

Nothing went right for Mak tonight. Watt wanted to win the game on his own. Tried to take on the whole team whenever he got the ball.

Bergdich was "ok" when he came on but we badly need a goalscorer and left midfielder.

Only positive is it hopefully keeps CP in a job for a bit, though with fans like LBTF, just waiting for a bad run of form, maybe we should have done him a favour and accelerated his exit.
  • Options
    We were crap. Sarr was appalling, where was Diarra? Idiot decision. Surprised by the opinions on here 're Malienok. I, as did everyone around me, thought he was good today. Won the majority of things and the things he didn't he was forcing their players into bad headers; in the right places too. No movement around him. Constant pain in the arse. Should have scored when he fluffed his lines though.
  • Options
    Their number 11, Miller seems to cause us all sorts of problems. Never good to go 2-0 down at home but the crowd got right behind and into the team and I really thought we stood a chance of going in level. That said when we came out second half we started brightly for about 5 minutes and then they time wasted and took the heat out of it and we never really blossomed after that.
  • Options
    Couldn't make it tonight and thank goodness. Just when you're beginning to think Luzon is on to something! Rotherham was unimaginably awful -poor fitness, terrible decision making, Vetokele absolute shite. Tonight worse by all accounts. We need good players to produce consistently (Solly, Gudmundsson, Watt -if he can get his head right). This is down to Luzon. So is continuing to select Pope and Fox, both of whom would struggle in League 1.
    I'm so pissed off!
  • Options
    Joke turnout from a goalkeeper who can't catch, kick or control his own box a left back who would of got beaten by his own shadow and a central midfield who couldnt Knock two 5 yard passes together . Added with taking your big lump of a striker off with twenty to go and then choosing to play long ball. Pissed off, and the ref was worse than Saturday.
  • Options
    I'm worried about this. I don't normally react to losing two games on the trot, but we should have mullered both Rotherham and Huddersfield, yet we seem to have lost our way and that worries me no end. Our goals tally is poor - 8 goals scored - that is hardly going to get us into a top 6 place, or indeed top half. I don't know the answer but the early good form has gone and we may end up in the same place as last year by November unless this is addressed......is the answer new players on loan, a couple of non contract players maybe, or some new ideas on the training ground? GL and RD/KM need to sit down now and try to rescue an excellent start from becoming a worrying decline.
  • Options
    Who was their number 12? He was brilliant