Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Huddersfield - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I thought their number 7 was good. Must have been playing down the right wing.
  • Options
    Sean scannell, striker who can play on the wing. Had a good game.
  • Options
    @DamoNorthStand, I'm entitled to my opinion mate...and honestly I am less pissed off than if it was against another manager's team.
  • Options

@DamoNorthStand, I'm entitled to my opinion mate...and honestly I am less pissed off than if it was against another manager's team.

Absolutely entitled to your opinion.

Just as I was entitled to my opinion that my one and only concern tonight is Charlton winning. I am not a Huddersfield fan.
  • Options
    We started the season well but tonight, all of our frailties came to the surface.

Big Mak is a strange 1 isn't he. Was awful in the 1st half against Hull a couple of weeks back, then gave 1 of the best striker Performances I've seen from a Charlton player in years in the 2nd half. Tonight he was awful again!

Ba is not good. Tony Watt is a very good player but too bloody greedy. Cousins is wasted on the left. Fox isn't good enough for this level.

Such a frustrating and disappointing night
  • Options
    matt88 said:

I'm sorry but I really am done with Pope now, the frequency of errors is becoming ridiculous. It was a routine save to put round the post. I know he's young and he'll make mistakes, etc, but he's actually older than Courtois ffs. The leniency has to stop somewhere.

The only hope I got all night was when Powell did his classic sub of putting a defender on to hold onto a lead with 5mins to go, which never used to work. But we even failed to score after that too.

Are you saying we should have a keeper as good as Courtois? In the Championship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    already been said.

horrible performance.

we have decent midfielders but to play Cousins on the left and two defensive minded central midfielders at home is criminal.

we have some horrible traits as well. nobody marking the posts at corners, back to some zonal marking and my biggest gripe, leaving no-one upfield when we're defending corners/set pieces in our half.

not really into digging individuals out but Bergdych will, I think take over at left back at some stage.
  • Options
    Just seen both goals again On the telly , Popey will be disappointed with both of em , We got bossed out off the game , Miller gave out back four a headache all night , we badly need a box man to get our goals , As for Tony watt yes he is unpredictable but FFS he should be doing this in the oppositions penalty area not in the middle of the park , as someone said in an earlier post we need to move the ball quicker and I couldn't agree more ,we should be playing at a quicker tempo , not pushing the panic button but we just seem to struggle when teams in the lower reaches of the league come to the valley very frustrating .
  • Options
    Had Sarr at 25s for last goal.

That's it.
  • Options
    Curse of the programme cover struck again. Whoever is featured usually has an awful game. Pope proved my point. At fault for both goals from my seat.
  • Options
    WSS said:

matt88 said:

I'm sorry but I really am done with Pope now, the frequency of errors is becoming ridiculous. It was a routine save to put round the post. I know he's young and he'll make mistakes, etc, but he's actually older than Courtois ffs. The leniency has to stop somewhere.

The only hope I got all night was when Powell did his classic sub of putting a defender on to hold onto a lead with 5mins to go, which never used to work. But we even failed to score after that too.

Are you saying we should have a keeper as good as Courtois? In the Championship?
    No - he is saying Pope was crap tonight and there are major doubts as to whether he is good enough for us. Which is a fair comment.

Either way - Hendo needs to get back ASAP.
  • Options
    We got what we deserved tonight, absolutely nothing. Those three missed chances in the second half. Shocking. My nan could've scored those ... Gutted
  • Options
    Horribly disappointing.

Midway through the first half, I found myself unable to shake off that awful feeling in the pit of the stomach when you had thought it's all going to be ok, maybe even very good, but gradually realise it's actually not like that at all, just that usual thing called (Charlton) life.

As if something nice and promising - hope against hope maybe - had died inside.
  • Options
    Was Fox that bad? Compared to the rest of the team? Thought Ba, Sarr, Pope and Watt were all worse tonight.
  • Options
    No width, no movement off the ball and no points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mak should have scored twice just before going off.
    Along with most of our players, he had his worst game this season.

Watt was poor tonight though. Too selfish. Sometimes easy pass would put JBG or Mak through, yet he'll try something completely different.
    It's wonderful to see a player in charlton shirt going around four opposition players and keeping the ball, but after a while if that ball doesn't end up in the net, then it's all pointless.

I have lost all patience with Ba. The guy is useless. Loses the ball near constantly. Attempts 30+ yarders several times a game and they all end up way over the bar into the stands.
    He does not deserve to be in our starting eleven any longer. We have looked a better (not by much clearly) side in games when he has been taken off and cousins moved to middle.

Cousins in the middle is how we MUST start the Blackburn game.
  • Options
    good points gudmundson, bauer, cousins and the areas in need of improvement ; shooting on target, instilling confidence in each other by talking to each other more communicating movement; i would like to know who was meant to be on the left wing because they were absent; tony needs to pass more; pope needs more practice at set pieces and needs to distribute more speedily; we need to keep the ball far more. saying all of that huddersfield looked good especially their no 10 on the left and they deserved their win.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

already been said.

horrible performance.

we have decent midfielders but to play Cousins on the left and two defensive minded central midfielders at home is criminal.

we have some horrible traits as well. nobody marking the posts at corners, back to some zonal marking and my biggest gripe, leaving no-one upfield when we're defending corners/set pieces in our half.

not really into digging individuals out but Bergdych will, I think take over at left back at some stage.

I have a feeling it will be sooner rather than later
  • Options
    Amidst the disappointment there are some decent write ups here, cheers guys
  • Options
    Very Poor needed someone out wide left as cousins stayed inside and Fox stayed too deep. Very slow in the build up and without the width we just run into a loaded area in front of the box and we just couldn't break through and we left with pot shot from outside box just run out of ideas. And just bullied at the back by Miller all game couldn't cope with him.
  • Options
    --------------Hendo
    -------Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Solly-----------------------Bergdich
    --------------Kashi
    ------Cousins---------Ba
    ---------------JBG
    --------------Mak

Next game please... Make use of two attacking wingbacks who can deliver a ball to a giant CFs head and a MF who's got a bang for the follow-up
  • Options
    Hard to choose our worst player tonight - Ba, Fox, Sarr, Pope and Watt were all hopeless and our new signing did a passable Simon Church impersonation.
    Watt contributed nothing tonight and constantly gifted possession away.
    We have no attacking threat and our play was as ponderous as it was under Peeters.
  • Options
    edited September 2015