Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell sacked from Huddersfield.

Comments

• Telegraph Sport understands the decision has not been made solely on results, with Powell and the board thought to have had conflicting views on a number of issues including transfer policy

Know its owners money these days but let the Manager decide who comes in, the owner then goes out and tries to get them... SIMPLE!!
  • Macronate said:

who's gonna be the first to say it?

I will, would he come back? He'd be a better option than Fraeye and I don't recall us shipping goals at the rate we have been doing...under CP we were always a tough side to beat.
  • Macronate said:

I will, would he come back? He'd be a better option than Fraeye and I don't recall us shipping goals at the rate we have been doing...under CP we were always a tough side to beat.
    I dunno... Up until the game got called off, Doncaster walked right over us whilst McCormack tore us to shreads with Leeds (4-2) and we were awful at Burnley away... all games the season when RD took us over yet was before it happened
  • Sponsored links:

• confirmed on ssn
  • He wouldn't come back. CP is a man of principles. Anyone willing to work for RD and KM is either desperate. Mad or in debt to him. CP is none of those. Why are people still thinking beyond KF? He will be appointed. It's all about timing that's all.
  • He wouldn't come back and if we're being really honest he was fired by RD with pretty good reason last time round.
  • But he's the best ever
  • Macronate said:

Me.

Curbs 16/1
  • se9addick said:

He wouldn't come back and if we're being really honest he was fired by RD with pretty good reason last time round.

Given the resources, Powell would make us more stable and sign players who can play in this league.
  • They're not too fond of the decision on Twitter!
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

He wouldn't come back and if we're being really honest he was fired by RD with pretty good reason last time round.

Given the resources, Powell would make us more stable and sign players who can play in this league.
    If he was allowed to
  • With the massive budget he had at Huddersfield and complete backing of the board what did he expect 18th place in the Championship is not good enough
  • colin1961 said:

No surprise..... Fans worked him out pretty quickly and wanted him out most of last season .....

Is that because the Huddersfield fans are unhappy with the sacking themselves?
  • I adore CP, but I wouldn't want him back as manager.
  • Harsh, perhaps Huddersfield acted to snap up Guy Luzon, not that he's available!