Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell sacked from Huddersfield.

Comments

• Options
    I would love him to be asked, so he can give Roly sight of his elegantly extended middle finger....
  • Options
    Get a grip....that would totally push me over the edge bringing him back.
  • Options
    With the way things are, I would not want to see SCP get destroyed.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

But why, he's clearly failed at Udders????
    Hes not a very good manager.
    That's my point why bring him back ???
  • Options

Chris Powell would make us more organised, but i'm not sure he could / would want to work with our board, would he?

No.

Who in their right mind would?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Wafflers ever wanted to get the fans back onside - here is a chance.

But it's not going to happen.
  • Options

Greenie said:

That's my point why bring him back ???
    Oh I see, it wasn't clear what you meant.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

He wouldn't come back under RD/KM, and I wouldn't want him to suffer that shit again anyway. But I really don't get the Charlton fans that slag off CP and his record here. He wasn't and isn't the greatest manager but he was and is a totally genuine and passionate guy who loved our club, did right by us fans and got more right than wrong in his tenure here.

You're setting the bar pretty low if that's all you're expecting of a manager (although of course I'd take it now).
  • Options

If the Wafflers ever wanted to get the fans back onside - here is a chance.

But it's not going to happen.

Even for me it wouldn't get me back onside... I would see it as a sweetener to simply try and shut us up
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    se9addick said:

Davo55 said:

He wouldn't come back under RD/KM, and I wouldn't want him to suffer that shit again anyway. But I really don't get the Charlton fans that slag off CP and his record here. He wasn't and isn't the greatest manager but he was and is a totally genuine and passionate guy who loved our club, did right by us fans and got more right than wrong in his tenure here.

You're setting the bar pretty low if that's all you're expecting of a manager (although of course I'd take it now).
    Tbf he managed to win a few matches, which is also desirable!
  • Options
    Would be interested to know how much he spent up there. Anyone got the stats?
  • Options
    agim said:

Actual Transfers (Havent included Free Transfers or Loans)

INS: Kyle Dempsey... £300k / Jordy Hiwula... Undisclosed / Ishmael Miller ... Undisclosed
    OUTS: Conor Coady ... £2m / Alex Smithies ... £1.5m / Jacob Butterfield ... Undisclosed / Danny Ward ... Undisclosed / Lee Peliter ... Undisclosed
  • Options
    Not exactly broke the bank has he! Personally I don't think Powells the best manager but he's steady. Chairman/owners need to realise unless they chuck a bit of money on players they aren't going to get miracles. We've spent more than him this year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

agim said:

Actual Transfers (Havent included Free Transfers or Loans)

INS: Kyle Dempsey... £300k / Jordy Hiwula... Undisclosed / Ishmael Miller ... Undisclosed
    OUTS: Conor Coady ... £2m / Alex Smithies ... £1.5m / Jacob Butterfield ... Undisclosed / Danny Ward ... Undisclosed / Lee Peliter ... Undisclosed
    What about this one?

"On 10 January 2014, Nahki Wells signed a four-and-a-half year contract with Huddersfield Town after transferring for an undisclosed club record fee"
  • Options

Greenie said:

Not been sacked for results though has he?
    must be partly that whatever they say, not exactly doing well are they
  • Options

Greenie said:

Not been sacked for results though has he?
    must be partly that whatever they say, not exactly doing well are they
    Huddersfield aren't ever going to be more than a mid-table Championship side.
  • Options

When he had the backing of the board, and was able to sign the players he wanted, he assembled a very successful squad and managed that squad fantastically well and achieved promotion, and then a good finish in the division above.
    When a new board came in, and released players he wanted to keep, and replaced them with very poor players, the team didn't do very well. But imagine all the background hassles going on whilst he had to try to work with the players he had, whilst at loggerheads with the owner. Yes Riga did a great job but would have been on terms with RD.
    Given the right tools he is a good manager. Seems he has a similar situation at Hudders as to what he had here if hes not been sacked due to results.
    I am 100% sure he wouldnt come back with this regime still in place. Most of us wouldnt want a similar outcome as last time, as he would not get the boards backing as regards player recruitment, a fate every manager has had to endure. He would be 100x better than the current incumbent though. (IMO)

Sums up my feelings exactly.
  • Options

Greenie said:

you're a proper judge Greenie
    Thanks but not just me is it?
  • Options
    Nigel Clough will go there
  • Options
    No Greenie , i think you can see there are others who have the same views