Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• seth plum said:

NLA.

Are you also considering becoming a vegetarian :smiley: ?

I hear that the club do a cracking cheese and onion pasty Seth, you should try one.
    ;-)
  • They have come to the table, they have agreed to have dialog , we are moving forward. Great start to the campaign with very little effort. Well done all concerned.

Need to clarify exactly what we want and by when. Something tangible, simple and that can be delivered before Ipswich.

A meeting with the trust to agree terms of reference for target 20000?
  • Full video up now !!
  • Redrobo said:

They have come to the table, they have agreed to have dialog , we are moving forward. Great start to the campaign with very little effort. Well done all concerned.

Need to clarify exactly what we want and by when. Something tangible, simple and that can be delivered before Ipswich.

A meeting with the trust to agree terms of reference for target 20000?

Are you for real? They would love nothing more than the Trust etc to roll over for its tummy to be rubbed in exchange for a talking shop over an impossible target.
  • where can we view it, I tried cafc youtube but nothing there?
  • It's illusory like everything they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently watching it. KM getting very snappy at the start, not professional in the slightest.
  • Does anyone else's sound cut out at 41 secs?
  • CAFCdamo said:

Currently watching it. KM getting very snappy at the start, not professional in the slightest.

Poor body language as well.
  • edited November 2015

Why did no one challenge some of that stuff she was saying in the presentation? It's clearly rubbish.

She even asks for interruptions and questions and only one person asks anything?!

Christ, I wish I was there. It would have been University Challenge.

The sofa, the DJ, increase fans to 20K, £9M in transfer fees, but how much in outgoing transfers ?

God, I'd have been questioning her for about 30 mins !
  • Tbf not one person on here would be any different in her postition last night,
  • Sorry, I cannot sit and watch 2 hours of this, all I want to know is what questions were asked and what was the answers? I do not expect others to do what I will not do myself, but if anyone is keen enough to watch it all can they post fans questions and answers for myself and others like me, if you do not mind. If not, I will probably get the gist when people start moaning about the Q&A later. Thank you
  • Yes, I know people have genuine grievances, but there is currently something distinctly unsavoury about this BB and indeed others. Add to that the embarrassment I felt watching and listening to protesters on Saturday. No problems with "Roland Out", "Miere Out", but when it dropped to gutter level with references to where one might stick the sofa I thought "I'm Off". Add to that the overtly racist anti-Belgian chants and I thought this lot are losing the plot. It had hints of a lynch mob. I've been through thick and thin (more thin than thick, I might add) with Charlton, having followed them loyally for 52 years at all three of their home grounds and I have actively fought many just causes on the fans' behalf, but somehow, the behaviour I witnessed on Saturday, and what I am seeing repeated on many BBs, doesn't quite square with reality. Yes, communications have been poor. No, I don't think Katrien is guilty of deliberately lying, just guilty of being the proverbial "meat in the sandwich". I'm sure Roland has undermined her on more than one occasion and will do so again. I don't think it matters one iota whether it's Katrien or a Varney who is the CEO, ultimately the power resides across the water. For her own peace of mind she may well walk, but her successor will be similarly neutered. Ultimately discontent correlates with results on the pitch. Go on a winning run and play excellent football (which for the first time this season we did on Saturday) and discontent simply evaporates. Return to losing ways and the clamour will return and intensify. All well and good, but where is the Plan B for the board's detractors? Who is going to take over and why? It's my understanding that buyers are currently few and far between at the moment (there are several clubs up for sale, many of which are more attractive than Charlton), so it might be a long time before Roland is dislodged. For all of his faults (and there are many) he has at least kept the club afloat and for that alone I'm grateful, having seen us first hand flirt with extinction in the High Court (saved with 30 minutes to go). I'm sure my views will go down like a lead balloon with many of you, but at least I know I'm not alone in thinking this way. Call us the "silent majority".

If you're in the silent majority you might need to think about your user name.
  • I've just started watching it. Who is the chap that started talking. He talked for about five minutes and then proceeded to ask come questions? Is he the Trust chap or a randomly invited fan?

Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, I know people have genuine grievances, but there is currently something distinctly unsavoury about this BB and indeed others. Add to that the embarrassment I felt watching and listening to protesters on Saturday. No problems with "Roland Out", "Miere Out", but when it dropped to gutter level with references to where one might stick the sofa I thought "I'm Off". Add to that the overtly racist anti-Belgian chants and I thought this lot are losing the plot. It had hints of a lynch mob. I've been through thick and thin (more thin than thick, I might add) with Charlton, having followed them loyally for 52 years at all three of their home grounds and I have actively fought many just causes on the fans' behalf, but somehow, the behaviour I witnessed on Saturday, and what I am seeing repeated on many BBs, doesn't quite square with reality. Yes, communications have been poor. No, I don't think Katrien is guilty of deliberately lying, just guilty of being the proverbial "meat in the sandwich". I'm sure Roland has undermined her on more than one occasion and will do so again. I don't think it matters one iota whether it's Katrien or a Varney who is the CEO, ultimately the power resides across the water. For her own peace of mind she may well walk, but her successor will be similarly neutered. Ultimately discontent correlates with results on the pitch. Go on a winning run and play excellent football (which for the first time this season we did on Saturday) and discontent simply evaporates. Return to losing ways and the clamour will return and intensify. All well and good, but where is the Plan B for the board's detractors? Who is going to take over and why? It's my understanding that buyers are currently few and far between at the moment (there are several clubs up for sale, many of which are more attractive than Charlton), so it might be a long time before Roland is dislodged. For all of his faults (and there are many) he has at least kept the club afloat and for that alone I'm grateful, having seen us first hand flirt with extinction in the High Court (saved with 30 minutes to go). I'm sure my views will go down like a lead balloon with many of you, but at least I know I'm not alone in thinking this way. Call us the "silent majority".

If I could like this ten times I would

Also, zip it iainment, everyone digs the Captain ;)
  • Got to 45 mins of full video and stopped. KM admits the 5 or 6 SL players didn't prove the right ones. Her words, to the effect of "recognising the specific nature of Charlton" but sadly its taken her and Roland 18 months to realise that.
  • edited November 2015

PL54 said:

Interesting to compare the reaction to the tweet about her hatred of older fans versus what was actually said.

KM: Yes I know the interview was translated twice and badly. I was talking about bringing in different things for the younger fans, like family zone etc. Older fans are upset but I wasn't discriminating against the elderly. It is bad business if you don't value your customers, a [%] of our fans are over 50. 

Re. the infamous L'Echo article, I can assure you as one of the people that translated from the French to English, I checked my translation over and over, word by word, to make sure I didn't misrepresent it or add anything to make it inflammatory. I actually softened the tone of the comments attributed to her in the Belgian media article, and the raw Google translate reflected the tone quite well, too.

If there was any misrepresentation, it was in the Belgian article, which she may be saying was a French language translation of an interview or dialogue carried out in English. For example, the article contained nothing about family zone.

She really is a slippery customer...
    As Mr F commented earlier....

Blancmange.

• Can someone provide the link if possible?
  • Is it a policy to deliberately not get English managers? KM laughs - No obviously not.

Well quite obviously it is. I struggle to put it politely the words I have for her, would love to be 1 on 1 in a room for a proper chat.
  • Do we have the most docile fans in the country? looking at that Q&A I would say yes.

If this was any other other team you would at least hear some dissent. With us we just suck it up and stay tight lipped.

Whilst I agree it's correct that there shouldn't be any screaming and shouting , nobody seems to be pulling them up on their answers. Especially at Murray who seems to annoyingly butt in on every question despite that fact that he really has no say in how this club is being run.

It's fair to say sone of the fans at the VIP meeting in february were certainly not "docile"

Tough and to the point questions. Certainly had the CEO rattled back then
  • Tbf not one person on here would be any different in her postition last night,

yes because as a CEO I would behave very differently