Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    85-2, match drawn
  • Options
    Match drawn. Kent 85-2.

Must have agreed not to bowl the overs out. They got into the last 20 I think.
  • Options
    Comes across well, England in April/May will be a good test of his technique!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Just had a look at the table, devastating to see Essex up the top. Kind of feels a couple more defeats for us and a few wins for them then it's already looking like season over in terms of four day cricket, seeing as only 1 team is going up.
  • Options

Just had a look at the table, devastating to see Essex up the top. Kind of feels a couple more defeats for us and a few wins for them then it's already looking like season over in terms of four day cricket, seeing as only 1 team is going up.

On the bright side at least Kent cant get relegated

And Essex will slump once Cook is called up for England duties
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Great knock from Billings today
  • Options
    To stop Surrey hogging this site, Kent are also playing today against Glamorgan, who are 5-1 with Coles getting the wicket

Latham starts, as does 19 year old seamer Hugh Bernard. No Blake or Haggett

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good article about young Bell Drummond in the Sunday Times! Only time before he is nabbed I suppose unless he gets an Engkand call up?
  • Options
    Great start for us - Glamorgan 124-6

Coles 3-26
    Stevens 0-36
    Claydon 2-30
    Bernard 1-27

Latham in for Blake as opener with Dickson dropping to 5 & Bernard in for Haggett.
  • Options
    If and when Billings ever plays for us in the CC I think we will actually have a good shape to our team - Billings at 6 with Stevens at 7 will certainly look better than Stevens at 6 and Rouse at 7.
  • Options
    Why do we always seem unable to wipe tails out without them adding many runs? Always been a problem of ours.
  • Options

Why do we always seem unable to wipe tails out without them adding many runs? Always been a problem of ours.

I think that's why you need someone like Rabada who offers you that bit of extra pace to knock back that tail enders. Though I think that someone batting at 7 or 8 would be offended by being called a "tail ender".
  • Options
    Stevens has Wagg caught by Dickson

237-7
  • Options
    242/8 bit more like it. Meshede out. Bernard bowled northeast with catch.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

A good article about young Bell Drummond in the Sunday Times! Only time before he is nabbed I suppose unless he gets an Engkand call up?

I hope so. It'll be well deserved.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

I saw that article as well. At the moment he shows massive promise, but hasn't quite delivered the runs yet he should have
  • Options
    260-9 another to CLaydon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    260-10

Just caught up with the score and was happy until saw they were six down for 120ish

Still hopefully the batsman will put a bit of scoreboard pressure on their second innings.
  • Options
    Great opening stand, two very good openers, hopefully Latham helps develop DB-B
  • Options
    124-0 at close of play, a great start and good opportunity to get a big first innings total on the board, and push for the win, seeing that the weather should be reasonable other than late on tomorrow
  • Options
    Thick cloud forecast until 3oclock so might be tougher batting today.
  • Options
    We're 56 behind their total with 8 wickets in hand.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Thick cloud forecast until 3oclock so might be tougher batting today.

If we can bat through today, then it'll be nice tomorrow and a chance to really push on and build a big lead
  • Options
    Denly out for 58. 246/3.

14 behind. Shame denly gone. That partnership sounded solid.still, it's looking good so far...
  • Options
    Scores level with 6 wickets in hand. Dickson gone. Their bowler hogan now has three of our wickets.
  • Options
    Northeast just gone. Now 5 wickets in hand.