Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    Rob Key was a very fine player over many years.

The best compliment I can pay him is to remind people that Kent has been blessed with some fine opening batsmen over the past 50 years or so and Rob Key is a serious contender in the conversation as to who was the best of Denness, Luckhurst, Benson, Taylor and Key?

My personal choice is the late Brian Luckhurst, partly perhaps because I was privileged to meet him a few times, but Rob Key scored more first class centuries for Kent than all of them.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Rob Key was a very fine player over many years.

The best compliment I can pay him is to remind people that Kent has been blessed with some fine opening batsmen over the past 50 years or so and Rob Key is a serious contender in the conversation as to who was the best of Denness, Luckhurst, Benson, Taylor and Key?

My personal choice is the late Brian Luckhurst, partly perhaps because I was privileged to meet him a few times, but Rob Key scored more first class centuries for Kent than all of them.

I never realised Key had scored more Tons than any other recent Kent player, he seems to have had an inconsistent batting career but really good century conversion rate once he gets going!
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Don't worry MOG we will be all over the top of the page when we are 300-2

As an aside as don't like promoting the Essex thread Our nephew Jamie Porter took 4-59 in first bowl of the season against Glos 262 all out. Glos won toss and elected to bat.

The Racing Post recommended him as one of their two bets for top wicket taker in the division @ 18/1. Unfortunately I didn't see it 'til the game was underway so missed the opportunity :-(

Took his first 5 wicket haul today - another 7 in this match.

Joint top wicket taker with 14-277 this season.

Did an 18 over spell yesterday either side of tea !!!

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Don't worry MOG we will be all over the top of the page when we are 300-2

As an aside as don't like promoting the Essex thread Our nephew Jamie Porter took 4-59 in first bowl of the season against Glos 262 all out. Glos won toss and elected to bat.

The Racing Post recommended him as one of their two bets for top wicket taker in the division @ 18/1. Unfortunately I didn't see it 'til the game was underway so missed the opportunity :-(

Took his first 5 wicket haul today - another 7 in this match.

Joint top wicket taker with 14-277 this season.

Did an 18 over spell yesterday either side of tea !!!

Good luck to him - even if every wicket will be rubbing salt in the wounds!
  • Options
    Kent 58-4 in the CC game against Leics.

D B-D 24*. Dickson out second ball for handling the ball followed by Denly, Northeast and Stevens.

• Options
    Decent
  • Options
    145-5

Blake out for 26
    D B-D 75*
    Rouse 17*
  • Options

145-5

Blake out for 26
    D B-D 75*
    Rouse 17*

Where's Rouse emerged from?

I know absolutely nothing about him.
  • Options

D B-D 24*. Dickson out second ball for handling the ball followed by Denly, Northeast and Stevens.

Handled ball? That's a rare one. What did he actually do?

• Options
    redman said:

As cricket dismissals go, I suggest that's a self explanatory one ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

145-5

Blake out for 26
    D B-D 75*
    Rouse 17*

Where's Rouse emerged from?

I know absolutely nothing about him.
    Joined us as cover for Billings having played no more than a handful of games for Hants and Gloucs combined. Still only 23 though and effectively the replacement for Davies.
  • Options
    redman said:

Here's how:

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/cricket/7101703/Kent-batsman-Sean-Dickson-suffers-brain-meltdown-with-ridiculous-dismissal.html
  • Options
    D B-D's fine early season form continues. Currently 116* out of 212-5 with Rouse on 38* which is not far off his best FC score of 49.
  • Options

D B-D's fine early season form continues. Currently 116* out of 212-5 with Rouse on 38* which is not far off his best FC score of 49.

And my excellent form from last season continues with Rouse going on the same score.
  • Options
    226-7 D B-D out for 124
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates, AA.

I'm still in football season mode...
  • Options

Thanks for the updates, AA.

I'm still in football season mode...

I know what you mean. Struggling to follow the Surrey game as I am still soo worked up from yesterday!
  • Options
    I imagine the home supporters have their minds on the football!
  • Options
    Bad light finished the day at tea with us 227-7
  • Options

I imagine the home supporters have their minds on the football!

The Tigers were playing at the same time as the football in their European semi. Was anyone in Leicester interested in the cricket this afternoon :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We lose Coles without any addition to the score but the rain has now intervened.
  • Options

We lose Coles without any addition to the score but the rain has now intervened.

Not having much luck with the weather so far this season!
  • Options
    Quick question:
    How we getting on in Leicester ?

*I know that I can look it up but I want this thread above slurrey.
  • Options

Quick question:

In that I will reply! Most of yesterday washed out. One wicket and something like 10 runs
  • Options

Quick question:

In that I will reply! Most of yesterday washed out. One wicket and something like 10 runs
    In that case!!! This was a typo and not a ploy to overtake the surry thread
  • Options
    Day 3 starts on time and with 12 runs coming from the first over, helps us to another batting point.
  • Options
    Kent 264 all out

Leics 11-1

Robson caught behind by Rouse off Coles
  • Options
    15/2

Stephens gets Horton out for 3.
  • Options
    15-2

Horton goes the same way, caught behind, off Stevens

Rain Rain go away, come back in three days..........
  • Options

15/2

Stephens gets Horton out for 3.

Amazing how Stephens keeps going, 40 in a few days time yet bowling as well as ever