Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Exciting news. Kagiso Rabada has signed for us - sadly only for the first six weeks of the season.

Edit - the Titanic has sunk.
  • Options
    These short term deals are becoming quite common. Six T20s, two one-day games and one first-class match are better than nothing, but means that by the time he's acclimatized, he'll be off again.
  • Options
    In other news, apparently Kent are looking to join a new 40 over comp sponsored by John Player.
  • Options

I can't reveal my sources but I have it on good authority that Kagiso Rabada is going to sign for us on a short term deal. :-)

In other news, apparently Kent are looking to join a new 40 over comp sponsored by John Player.

That's the last time I reveal a news breaking item. It clearly isn't appreciated!!!

• Options

I can't reveal my sources but I have it on good authority that Kagiso Rabada is going to sign for us on a short term deal. :-)

That's the last time I reveal a news breaking item. It clearly isn't appreciated!!!

we love you really AA!

• Options
    BREAKING: AA hates KP ... :-)
  • Options
    On another note MLC, a mutual friend of ours has informed me that he'd heard that a former opening Club quickie recently retired from the Police force (who you played with more than I did) is going to be doing some coaching at Kent. But then our friend heard it from his brother and his brother might have meant "in Kent" as opposed to "at Kent."

Anyway, talking about top class coaching, really appreciate your recent kind offer of a 1-2-1 with Seb but struggling to fit it in this weekend - what with Rob Key on Saturday for the batting and Geraint Jones on Sunday for the keeping ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Kent have signed South Africa fast bowler Kagiso Rabada for a spell in June and July.

The Johannesburg-born paceman impressed against England on their tour, taking 22 wickets in three Tests and nine wickets in four one-day internationals.

Rabada said: “I will play hard and try my best. I want to learn from the experience - particularly bowling in different conditions. Most of all I am looking forward to enjoying the experience.”

He will join Kent in late June after South Africa’s tri-series against Australia and West Indies in the Caribbean until he is due to report back for international duty against New Zealand in August subject to Cricket South Africa issuing the requisite ‘No Objection Certificate’.

Rabada is in line to make his NatWest T20 Blast debut against Sussex Sharks at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence on Thursday 30 June and is in contention to face Essex Eagles (away, July 1), Somerset (away, July 7), Gloucestershire (away, July 8), Surrey (Tunbridge Wells, July 15) and Essex Eagles (The Spitfire Ground, July 22).

During his stay, there are County Championship matches against Essex (Chelmsford, July 3-6) and Sussex (Tunbridge Wells, July 17-20) as well as a Royal London One-Day Cup match against Middlesex (Lord's, July 24).

Kent Cricket chairman George M Kennedy CBE said: “We’ve all been hugely impressed by Kagiso in the recent series against England and I’m looking forward to seeing him playing for Kent this summer.

“He follows in the footsteps of a number of South Africans and I hope he enjoys his spell at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence and that Kent will become his county of choice for this very promising young bowler in future years.”
  • Options

On another note MLC, a mutual friend of ours has informed me that he'd heard that a former opening Club quickie recently retired from the Police force (who you played with more than I did) is going to be doing some coaching at Kent. But then our friend heard it from his brother and his brother might have meant "in Kent" as opposed to "at Kent."

Anyway, talking about top class coaching, really appreciate your recent kind offer of a 1-2-1 with Seb but struggling to fit it in this weekend - what with Rob Key on Saturday for the batting and Geraint Jones on Sunday for the keeping ;-)

Darryl?
    I think Seb is in better hands with those guys rather than a cricketing dinosaur like me!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Darryl?
    I think Seb is in better hands with those guys rather than a cricketing dinosaur like me!

Yes Darryl. Seb likes dinosaurs too ;-)
  • Options
    I like this signing.
  • Options
    Good signing. Can keep wicket when billings is in India and if he is in any England squads. Does this mean the end of key or competition for BD
  • Options

AA - how did Seb's training go ?
  • Options
    Getting Kagiso Rabada and Tom Latham in will get bums on seats.

Well done Kent
  • Options
    Finances must on the up at the St Lawrence..

• Options
    That's wicked AA.

Re: the bowling machine, it's amazing how much quicker it is than you realise when you don't actually know what the number is!
  • Options

That's wicked AA.

Re: the bowling machine, it's amazing how much quicker it is than you realise when you don't actually know what the number is!

That is so true. Seb has faced 70mph before but, actually knowing that beforehand, only served to make him nervous. And of course the first thing that was happening is that the feet stop moving which meant that Seb was throwing the hands at the ball rather than getting in line.

It's the same thing with reputations - there's a lad who opens the bowling for Surrey called Nathan Barnwell in Seb's age group and he is reputed to be one of the fastest in the country. Seb has faced him three times now including when opening at the Oval last year. Prior to the first game all the talk among the boys was about how fast Barnwell was etc etc but he didn't get Seb out and that in itself served as a lesson that you play the ball and not the bowler. All part of his education.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good stuff AA/SEB

enjoy reading about his progress.
    when captaining Kent from behind the stumps in a few years, can always bring himself on as a golden arm with an over or two of spin.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Glad to see Kent signings players again, I guess our finances must be better than before. I assume that in the shorter forms he won't be able to play as well as Rabada, or are you allowed 2 overseas players now?
  • Options

Glad to see Kent signings players again, I guess our finances must be better than before. I assume that in the shorter forms he won't be able to play as well as Rabada, or are you allowed 2 overseas players now?

I think you are allowed 2 in t20, but not in the other formats
  • Options
    Billings Is off to play IPL which frees his wages up for Rabada. Key is also away commentating on IPL so that leaves a space for Latham
  • Options
    Howzat said:

Billings Is off to play IPL which frees his wages up for Rabada. Key is also away commentating on IPL so that leaves a space for Latham

I find it hard to believe that Kent will allow Key to miss time to commentate on the IPL
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35668529
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35670640

Kent release Harmison and show an improved financial performance. Thankfully one of my sporting teams is showing signs of heading in the right direction!
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35668529
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35670640

Kent release Harmison and show an improved financial performance. Thankfully one of my sporting teams is showing signs of heading in the right direction!

Can't believe we've brought in someone who has a Test average of almost 40 for a Durham and Kent legend who averages 28 in first class cricket, 23 in one day matches and 12 in T20s ;-)
  • Options
    ECB will pay compo for Billings being away..
    KCC also sold some land to free up cash - hope it doesn't back fire just for the sake of an overseas.
  • Options
    Take a look at @kentcricket's Tweet: {Super} Kent beat Essex......