Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    Quick, fly Darren Stevens out to India and get him in the England T20 team in place of Morgan :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2016

.imageimageimage

Give me a shout if you go to a match @Miserableoldgit
  • Options
    So the CC2 starts in 9 days. Is there any chance of Kent winning it?

Strangely really looking forward to it this year.
  • Options
    Is Latham around start of the season?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Looking at the other CC2 overseas signings I think we have the best two.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Probably agree but it's Kent so the chances are it'll all go wrong.

Cue the 'go back to your own thread' ;)
  • Options
    Stewart said:

• Options
    I won't say that, but no need for the double post.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

I won't say that, but no need for the double post.

My posts on this thread keep it going. If I didn't provide heated debate this thread would be languishing on page 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options

Stewart said:

I missed this.

However, belatedly, piss off :-)
  • Options
    Is that a real bouncy castle, or are they using Rob Key's stomach :smile:
  • Options

Stewart said:

I missed this.

Glad you appreciate me! I'll try not to do this too often. Keep it fresh! :p

I have already bought my tickets for the Surrey Kent T20s this year and will do the same for the one day stuff when they come on sale. Love a good bit of rivalry.
  • Options

Stewart said:

I missed this.

Glad you appreciate me! I'll try not to do this too often. Keep it fresh! :p

I have already bought my tickets for the Surrey Kent T20s this year and will do the same for the one day stuff when they come on sale. Love a good bit of rivalry.
    Charlton and Kent supporters go together, whereas Surrey go with Palace :smile:
    You make a fair point. Although I resent the Palace thing. I do have a soft spot for Kent as I have lived there all my life. But a family connection means my loyalty is with Surrey.
  • Options
    Darren Stevens
    Darren Stevens took 61 Championship wickets at an average of 20.36 for Kent last season

Kent all-rounder Darren Stevens says their County Championship form will have to improve dramatically if they are to win promotion this season.

The Canterbury-based side finished seventh in Division Two last year.

"We have been poor over the last five or six years and we have had a good chat about that," 39-year-old Stevens told BBC Radio Kent.

"It will be tough given it is only one up, which is ridiculous. The big thing is getting off to a good start."

Only one team will be promoted from the second tier this summer in order to reduce the number of Division One teams in 2017.

"With the side we have got, they have all experienced big-game situations and have played enough cricket to know what they need to do in certain situations," Stevens said.

"I don't see why we can't kick on and go one step further than last year.

"Wins are crucial early season. If you don't get off to a good start it makes it tougher for the rest of the season and you are fighting a losing battle."

Having had no overseas player in 2015, Kent have two lined up this year.

New Zealand batsman Tom Latham will play from the start of the season, while South Africa fast bowler Kagiso Rabada will have a stint with the club in June and July, predominantly playing limited-overs cricket.

"I wish we had got them the other way around, with Rabada earlier, but it is what it is," Stevens added.

"Given that we have struggled early season with the bat, Tom's experience will bring depth for us.

"Rabada is coming at a time of the year where he can come and bolster the side and get us through to semi-finals and finals."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knotty an England, Kent and Erith School legend.
  • Options
    My uncle played against knotty as schoolboys. Was told the story a long time ago but I believe Knott was a bit of an allrounder and he bowled at him.
  • Options
    Oi, c'mon super Kent supporters, even bloody Slurrey are above us on the opening page.......
  • Options
    Don't worry MOG we will be all over the top of the page when we are 300-2

As an aside as don't like promoting the Essex thread Our nephew Jamie Porter took 4-59 in first bowl of the season against Glos 262 all out. Glos won toss and elected to bat.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't worry MOG we will be all over the top of the page when we are 300-2

As an aside as don't like promoting the Essex thread Our nephew Jamie Porter took 4-59 in first bowl of the season against Glos 262 all out. Glos won toss and elected to bat.

The Racing Post recommended him as one of their two bets for top wicket taker in the division @ 18/1. Unfortunately I didn't see it 'til the game was underway so missed the opportunity :-(
  • Options
    Openers accounted for 44% of his wickets last season-a league high.

didn't get either today though.
  • Options
    Just noticed Richard Illingworth ex Worcestershire is umpire for Kent game.

Is that usual to umpire one of your old teams?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Just noticed Richard Illingworth ex Worcestershire is umpire for Kent game.

Is that usual to umpire one of your old teams?

Not unusual and never been seen as an issue particularly although Mark Benson apparently requested not to umpire Kent matches when he umpired.