Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• 15/2

Stephens gets Horton out for 3.

Amazing how Stephens keeps going, 40 in a few days time yet bowling as well as ever
    1-2 from 3 overs so far...
  • Didn't realise Stevo was playing, thought he might be interested in the IPL.
  • 116-2

Haggett has conceded (28) in 3 overs what Stevens has in 10.
  • Says it all about the conditions that Stevens opened the bowling - he can't bowl at more than 75 mph and that's probably pushing it.
  • Looks like we are having the same problem as every year. Not enough in the bowling department. Haggett in my opinion isn't good enough. Can't rely on Coles and stevens every match.
  • Looks like we are having the same problem as every year. Not enough in the bowling department. Haggett in my opinion isn't good enough. Can't rely on Coles and stevens every match.

Haggett is a wicket taker but expensive so yes probably overall not good enough purely as a bowler although his batting can be useful.
  • 153-2

It is gonna be a long long season

Not looking forward to playing Essex that's for sure !!!
  • Things will change when Rabada comes.

The ball will be going even faster to the boundary!
  • Shame Adam Ball's bowling seems to have deserted him.
  • What I don't quite understand is that these two have scored over 140 in the last 25 overs and yet we haven't chucked the ball to Riley for a single over to break up the monotony of seam up bowling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a problem that Essex are having.

Porter takes 5-46 against Northants as bowled out for 119
    19 wickets in 5 innings so far this season.
  • Should we have got an overseas bowler instead of Latham? (Rabada is only here for a brief period)
  • Should we have got an overseas bowler instead of Latham? (Rabada is only here for a brief period)

I think that they got Latham because they knew that we wouldn't have Key.

Dickson is new to the first class game and you could argue the same could be said about Blake. Stevens will score more in one day/T20 than he does in the four day game and yet he is batting at five - when he was seven last season with the likes of Billings, Harmison and Cowdrey ahead of him.

So that leaves just D B-D, Denly and Northeast and no room for any drop in form because who is knocking on the door?

Our failure last season was not getting enough runs not bowling sides out. I suspect that could be the same again this season.
  • Why isn't latham playing?
  • Why isn't latham playing?

NZ not releasing him, had a recent ankle operation and waiting for him to fully recover.
  • iamdan said:

Why isn't latham playing?

NZ not releasing him, had a recent ankle groin operation and waiting for him to fully recover.
    That would make him a true Charlton signing
  • Leicestershire 204-2 60 behind.
  • Oh dear....

Time for Fanny's 1st rain dance of the season ?
  • Oh dear....

I would save your energies for a more needy situation Fanny. With less than three sessions of the game left, not even we can lose this. Can we?
  • Sponsored links:

• 236-4 Claydon has taken both to fall today
  • edited April 2016
    Another 100 against us by former player Neil Dexter

247-4
  • LenGlover said:

Another 100 against us by former player Neil Dexter

247-4

Niall O'Brien and Charlie Shreck are also former Kent players (while Stephens is a former Leics player!)
  • 353-7 and a lead of 89

Stevens 26-6-110-3 (won't be able to get up tomorrow)
    Coles 21-2-82-2
    Claydon 15-1-64-2
    Haggett 15-4-63-0
    Riley 4-0-18-0

• 401-9 declared and a lead of 137

Stevens 26-6-110-3
    Coles 24-2-95-3
    Claydon 19-1-99-3
    Haggett 15-4-63-0
    Riley 4-0-18-0

I suspect that those late wickets were "purchased" at some cost!
  • Dickson has come out to open with both hands handcuffed to his bat.
  • 353-7 and a lead of 89

Stevens 26-6-110-3 (won't be able to get up tomorrow)
    Coles 21-2-82-2
    Claydon 15-1-64-2
    Haggett 15-4-63-0
    Riley 4-0-18-0

Stephens being made to work for his benefit!

• Oh dear....

I would save your energies for a more needy situation Fanny. With less than three sessions of the game left, not even we can lose this. Can we?
    25-2 Both D B-D & Denly gone.

Fanny get your dancing shoes on.
  • 65-2 72 behind minimum 25.3 overs left