Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday, Jan 2nd, 5pm sit-in protest at The Valley.

Comments

• Options

would love to but I'd then miss my Valley Express coach home. I'll be at the protest before the game though.

Get the train.
  • Options

At the moment I'm a non attending supporter (this will continue whilst these horrible people are in place) but I feel the need to join protests. I won't attend the game but I will attend after final whistle and join whatever protest is agreed upon. I'm sure I'll be able to get in to the ground.

I like your style.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan.
  • Options
    So there's ideas for a 2.30 protest, a do not enter the stadium protest, a full boycott, stay at home protest, a black and white protest, a funeral march protest, a sit in the ground after the game protest, a sit outside the ground after the game protest, any more I have forgotten?

What a convoluted mess this is. Whatever you are trying to achieve won't work if you change what you do every week, the owner will just think you are confused as to what you actually want.

I'm not protesting myself as I don't agree with it, but anyone wanting to protest, it needs to be a single unified message that can be repeated.
  • Options

The problem with remaining in the stadium is that it is easily managed. Indeed, the stadium is designed for it to be managed. The directors box, etc, and most of the press will disappear to the rear of the west stand and for the most part any post-match protest inside the stadium will be seen only by the stewards and the police in the control room.

To be effective a protest has to be seen and be inconvenient to the club, in my view. In front of their guests and the other club's VIPs it will embarrass them.

Fair comment Airman. Makes sense.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

So there's ideas for a 2.30 protest, a do not enter the stadium protest, a full boycott, stay at home protest, a black and white protest, a funeral march protest, a sit in the ground after the game protest, a sit outside the ground after the game protest, any more I have forgotten?

What a convoluted mess this is. Whatever you are trying to achieve won't work if you change what you do every week, the owner will just think you are confused as to what you actually want.

I'm not protesting myself as I don't agree with it, but anyone wanting to protest, it needs to be a single unified message that can be repeated.

Why do you not agree with protesting?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

My own reasons which I have posted on here before.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

could you elaborate again? I'm genuinely interested in to how anyone can be happy with the current situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

could you elaborate again? I'm genuinely interested in to how anyone can be happy with the current situation.
    A Duchatelet apologist probably.
  • Options
    Maybe refusing to leave the stadium after the game maybe be an answer.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    sam3110 said:

But the numerous expressions of fan anger and disenchantment - which I admit are varied - are hardly a "convoluted mess." Agree that we need to do things in a more unified way as momentum builds but that is precisely the point of this call for a sit-in protest surely?
  • Options
    In.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

I've had this discussion (argument) with another fan over xmas. His response ... without RD/KM we would not have a club; they saved us; KM is a very personable and impressive person; there have been no other approaches from other investors; why protest when we have always been a selling club; nothing has changed from the Gliksten years - this is no worse; how can we complain when they have invested so much; the fault is not with the owners or the manager - it is the fault of the players for underperforming; we have a strong enough squad and need no more players.

All bullshit I know and I gave every reason why his rationale was flawed but he would not listen - this applies not just to him but the block of 5 fans that he goes with. There are none so blind as those that won't see ... but these are the arguments from the dark side :wink:
  • Options
    "Come to fruition"
    Are you on a wind up!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Croydon said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Not being funny, but I don't get why I should have to explain myself, but anyway...

Basically stems from seeing it as RD not being a very good owner but one who has a plan, rather than having a crackpot like Cellino or a full on asset stripper like S&J would have probably gone on to be.

Badge and kit colour is the same, stadium and pitch, training ground and youth system invested in, but poor managerial appointments have led to where we are.

Other clubs have had similar turmoil, look at Cardiff with they're crap they've had recently, look at Boltons financial problems, look at where Portsmouth have gone in the past 6-7 years, look at Blackpool, Newcastle and even Aston Villa to a certain extent.

It's not nice that we are in that category, but I also feel we could be even worse off, and I don't see a Charlton Clad saviour riding in to invest tens of millions of pounds into the club, so for the moment I want to see RD and his reign come to fruition.

I can understand why people are protesting, but it's not what I want to do
    I know football is about opinions but having blind faith at least probably stops you going absolutely ballistic like thousands of others.
  • Options
    My son and I will be there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Count me in
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    What we need is a group to lead, over on twitter they are planning a protest before the game outside the west stand at 2:30, here it's an after game protest, maybe both will work but whichever way it needs to be organised to get numbers to turn up otherwise it will look like a disjointed mess.
  • Options
    Nice idea but if I go I will have the boy with me and not putting him through that

Good luck with it

What if we win 5-0 with goals from Sarr, Makienok (2), Ba and Ceballos