Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday, Jan 2nd, 5pm sit-in protest at The Valley.

Comments

• Options

Is that a confirmation that the potential Varney lead investment is/was a potential takeover?

Even if not it certainly confirms we are run by a bunch of arrogant, ignorant, classless ***** who have no interest in progressing the club.

The silence and compliance from Murray is inexplicable.
  • Options
    I wouldn't get too over excited over any takeover until we would see what the plan would be.

E.g. lots of people getting excited at a Varney led consortium but whose to say (hypothetically) that wouldn't involve a complete relocation of the club to kent for instance.

Wouldn't be a good thing. Not saying that's what would happen but I will definitely err on the side of caution and cynicism with any future takeovers after the last two disasters. Would like to think PV is a good Charlton man who would only ever act in the best interests of the club but I held that opinion of Murray up til very recently.

Pure paranoia on my part but as a result of the past few years.
  • Options

I wouldn't get too over excited over any takeover until we would see what the plan would be.

E.g. lots of people getting excited at a Varney led consortium but whose to say (hypothetically) that wouldn't involve a complete relocation of the club to kent for instance.

Wouldn't be a good thing. Not saying that's what would happen but I will definitely err on the side of caution and cynicism with any future takeovers after the last two disasters. Would like to think PV is a good Charlton man who would only ever act in the best interests of the club but I held that opinion of Murray up til very recently.

A plan would be a start.

Hear where you're coming from but things have got so bad and the future so bleak something needs to change.

This just might be the best chance.
  • Options

Relocating Charlton to Kent makes no sense and never has. Two thirds of the support is inside the M25 and the population density is much higher in SE London, which also has better public transport.

All takeovers have risks, granted, but this is not one of them.
    Could we assume that any takeover would leave Murray without a role to play in the future CAFC?

I'm guessing the pair of them, Him and Meire , are shit scared of being bumped off that they are diverting Duchatalet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spoken to Murray lately Prague?
  • Options
    that email trail says all you need to know about our 'owners'. Disgusting, vile, ignorant people. It's actually made me feel quite sick. Varney in.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Duchatelet quotes after selling Standard Liege to standard vice chairman Bruno Venanzi:

Duchatelet said that things became "complicated" at Standard where his ownership was met with intense fan opposition following the sale of star players.

" Bruno has the intelligence and the vision to run this club. Not everyone has that. A football club is not easy to manage. I plan to stay in football. I still have a few clubs abroad"

I'd say Varney fits that bill.

• Options

Uboat said:

Essex_Al said:

Whose gunna get all you old gits off the floor after an hour? :smiley:

I assumed everyone was bringing deckchairs?
    The deskchairs will be rearranged by Katrien Meire,
    As the band plays on and the Ship goes down.

That's why we need to jettison the rubbish Cargo before we end up as Flotsam.

"Peter Varney's Red and White army"

"answer your emails,answer your emails,answer your emails."

"Stand up if you want them out"

Don't score an own goal by chanting sexist rubbish,
    give her no excuse to be the victim.
    that's the only card she has left.
    Don't leave your brains at home.

My son, when he not traveling Europe watching football or working, stands on the upper north at the very top, has sent a text to a guy that starts a lots of the chants, so the Peter Varney chant should be added to the Stand up chant which worked great on Monday.

Isn't standing at football an offence ?
  • Options
    Having read the email exchanges, Katrien is simply out of her depth. Rude, ignorant and with no business skills at all. A perfect CEO for the current regime!
  • Options

New article and the emails.

Http://www.votvonline.com

Sorry, just read the emails......unbelievable.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

y

Spoken to Murray lately Prague?

Not in the last four weeks, and the last time was re the Olympic Stadium. So what?

I did however spend most of the game on Saturday discussing this potential development with @Airman Brown . The same Airman Brown whom you consistently slagged off on here during the reign of the Spivs, when he was expressing his concerns over their stewardship. I hoped to gently remind you of that over a beer in the White Swan before the game, but you swerved that invitation.

Give it a rest, eh?

What can I say. I trusted Murray's judgement.

I will never do that again.

Was it you that recently said it was better to have him on the inside pissing out?
  • Options
    I'm tempted to superglue myself to the seat in front of the directors box at the end of the game. We need to get creative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be great to have the protest coincide with a Twitter storm or whatever they call it - also between 5pm & 6pm. Suitable hashtag anyone?
  • Options
    I'll be there, we do need a big protest this time, not sure if there will be many people turning up to it as it's after the game but we're all Charlton aren't we!
  • Options
    SID said:

New article and the emails.

Http://www.votvonline.com

That is truly shocking. What the fucking hell can their game be?
    My thoughts exactly. I'm more and more convinced that RD has a hidden agenda that will not be beneficial to the long term health of our beloved football club.

I've been on the fence for a while but, after these revelations, I am firmly behind the RD out campaign. See you all 5pm Saturday. I hope we can keep it clean and focused - the chant that sprung up at the Wolves game was the most effective protest so far.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

jamescafc said:

So if I email the club and request all my personal details are removed from the system, how will I know if it has actually been done or whether my email has been simply deleted?

Do it in two stages. stage one is to demand to see, within 21 days, the information they have on you personally. this will avoid any generic cut and paste reply. if you then demand your details are removed you will have to wait to see if they have really done it.
    A good tactic is to demand to see your details, amend something like adding or removing your middle name, and then demand to see the amended details at a later date.
    My reading of the data protection act is that such a procedure will cost you nothing, but failure to comply will be an offence by the club.
    I don't know how an offence would be processed, or by whom, or what the sanctions would be.
    There may be a small charge for this request. Its called a SAR (Subject Access Request)

• Options
    Support this protest ...show Varney's backers that we want change.