Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday, Jan 2nd, 5pm sit-in protest at The Valley.

Comments

• Options
    Surely better before the game as if we're losing people leave early.

If we're winning then people temporarily feel different.

• Options
    boggzy said:

Uboat said:

I'm not sure where you mean, but let's do it.

We'll probably win and everyone will stroll out chatting and laughing.

This is the problem. If this goes ahead I'll bet on us winning, and a vast amount of fans will be temporarily pacified.

Still worth trying though.
    No chance on us winning unless a lot of injured players are fit by Saturday! I think we should wait for the first goal Forest score then occupy for an hour at that point.
  • Options
    Why should people who don't agree with the protesting have to explain themselves? I'm with Sam on this and won't go into my reasons. Surely those protesting and wanting to protest can do so together, don't try rope other people in or you'll just get bandwagon jumpers like most singing the Anti Belgium songs after the Wolves goals yesterday. Got asked why i was wearing a RED AND WHITE scarf yesterday.........
  • Options
    In
  • Options
    Sam3110,

Well done Sam, for expressing your views,
    Even thou you knew that it wouldn't go down with 98%(couldn't help myself) of the CL folk.

Because we live in a democracy, all our Views are Valid, Even Colin !

I disagree that its a Convoluted mess but the points you make about other clubs and their strange owners are true, but you must remember that we live in the CAFC bubble and feel our own pain more than just being Observers
    of other clubs eccentricities.

• Options
    Said it last time, but I think a Facebook event should be created for this. Nothing can ever be properly organised on Twitter, and an event would not only provide more information and details on the protest (acceptable chants, scarves, flags etc), but would also reach a wider range of people outside of this forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Croydon said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

So there's ideas for a 2.30 protest, a do not enter the stadium protest, a full boycott, stay at home protest, a black and white protest, a funeral march protest, a sit in the ground after the game protest, a sit outside the ground after the game protest, any more I have forgotten?

What a convoluted mess this is. Whatever you are trying to achieve won't work if you change what you do every week, the owner will just think you are confused as to what you actually want.

I'm not protesting myself as I don't agree with it, but anyone wanting to protest, it needs to be a single unified message that can be repeated.

Why do you not agree with protesting?
    My own reasons which I have posted on here before.
    could you elaborate again? I'm genuinely interested in to how anyone can be happy with the current situation.
    Not being funny, but I don't get why I should have to explain myself, but anyway...

Basically stems from seeing it as RD not being a very good owner but one who has a plan, rather than having a crackpot like Cellino or a full on asset stripper like S&J would have probably gone on to be.

Badge and kit colour is the same, stadium and pitch, training ground and youth system invested in, but poor managerial appointments have led to where we are.

Other clubs have had similar turmoil, look at Cardiff with they're crap they've had recently, look at Boltons financial problems, look at where Portsmouth have gone in the past 6-7 years, look at Blackpool, Newcastle and even Aston Villa to a certain extent.

It's not nice that we are in that category, but I also feel we could be even worse off, and I don't see a Charlton Clad saviour riding in to invest tens of millions of pounds into the club, so for the moment I want to see RD and his reign come to fruition.

I can understand why people are protesting, but it's not what I want to do
    "RD not being a very good owner" - Exactly - plan or no plan.

"but poor managerial appointments have led to where we are." - Exactly - and we know who made those appointments.

"S&J would have probably gone on to be" - complete conjecture.

"I don't see a Charlton Clad saviour riding in to invest tens of millions of pounds into the club" - more conjecture (though more likely).

Your argument is really rather thin Sam.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Why should people who don't agree with the protesting have to explain themselves? I'm with Sam on this and won't go into my reasons. Surely those protesting and wanting to protest can do so together, don't try rope other people in or you'll just get bandwagon jumpers like most singing the Anti Belgium songs after the Wolves goals yesterday. Got asked why i was wearing a RED AND WHITE scarf yesterday.........

Because anyone who is happy with the status quo appears to be a total fool, CJLC.

In fact there is no status quo, because week on week they make the situation worse. Notwithstanding the situation on the pitch, they continually replace out-of-their-depth coaches with even more out-of-their-depth coaches. They think a couple shagging on the pitch is a way to sell the stadium, they think banging house music is going to attract families, they think moving season ticket holders from their seats is acceptable, they think closing the box office two days a week is a good idea, and then don't have enough people to answer the phones, they think telling loyal supporters to shut up is a good way of dealing with legitimate complaints, they think ignoring e-mails is another way to deal with legitimate complaints, they think ignoring potential investors is sensible business... the list goes on and on,
    Yeah, but besides that!
    ;)
    Hiring out part of the offices as a call centre... :wink:
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Because anyone who is happy with the status quo appears to be a total fool, CJLC.

In fact there is no status quo, because week on week they make the situation worse. Notwithstanding the situation on the pitch, they continually replace out-of-their-depth coaches with even more out-of-their-depth coaches. They think a couple shagging on the pitch is a way to sell the stadium, they think banging house music is going to attract families, they think moving season ticket holders from their seats is acceptable, they think closing the box office two days a week is a good idea, and then don't have enough people to answer the phones, they think telling loyal supporters to shut up is a good way of dealing with legitimate complaints, they think ignoring e-mails is another way to deal with legitimate complaints, they think ignoring potential investors is sensible business... the list goes on and on,
    Yeah, but besides that!
    ;)
    That tipped me over the edge as well. Lol
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Yeah, but besides that!
    ;)
    The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it sounds
  • Options
    This would work if the club actually read any e-mails from fans..but as they don't.
  • Options
    I won't be there, but maybe a few people could club together and leave this outside the main reception?

ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5M-LARGE-GIANT-BLACK-GOTHIC-VAMPIRE-3D-COFFIN-HALLOWEEN-PROP-SHOP-DECORATION-/351527223652?hash=item51d8a7c164:g:ipUAAOSw37tWBB7L
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Nice idea but if I go I will have the boy with me and not putting him through that

Good luck with it

What if we win 5-0 with goals from Sarr, Makienok (2), Ba and Ceballos

Result is irrelevant. Imagine a 5-0 win? Roly would sack Carol if that happened.
  • Options

Nice idea but if I go I will have the boy with me and not putting him through that

Good luck with it

What if we win 5-0 with goals from Sarr, Makienok (2), Ba and Ceballos

Result is irrelevant.
    And, let's be honest, unlikely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Croydon said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

So there's ideas for a 2.30 protest, a do not enter the stadium protest, a full boycott, stay at home protest, a black and white protest, a funeral march protest, a sit in the ground after the game protest, a sit outside the ground after the game protest, any more I have forgotten?

What a convoluted mess this is. Whatever you are trying to achieve won't work if you change what you do every week, the owner will just think you are confused as to what you actually want.

I'm not protesting myself as I don't agree with it, but anyone wanting to protest, it needs to be a single unified message that can be repeated.

Why do you not agree with protesting?
    My own reasons which I have posted on here before.
    could you elaborate again? I'm genuinely interested in to how anyone can be happy with the current situation.
    Not being funny, but I don't get why I should have to explain myself, but anyway...

Basically stems from seeing it as RD not being a very good owner but one who has a plan, rather than having a crackpot like Cellino or a full on asset stripper like S&J would have probably gone on to be.

Badge and kit colour is the same, stadium and pitch, training ground and youth system invested in, but poor managerial appointments have led to where we are.

Other clubs have had similar turmoil, look at Cardiff with they're crap they've had recently, look at Boltons financial problems, look at where Portsmouth have gone in the past 6-7 years, look at Blackpool, Newcastle and even Aston Villa to a certain extent.

It's not nice that we are in that category, but I also feel we could be even worse off, and I don't see a Charlton Clad saviour riding in to invest tens of millions of pounds into the club, so for the moment I want to see RD and his reign come to fruition.

I can understand why people are protesting, but it's not what I want to do
    Wasn't asking to dig you out mate, was just interested in what someone on the 'other side's' views are. Out of interest, do you think you would have a tipping point?
  • Options
    Many as possible in the west stand and let the board have it all through the game .
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Essex_Al said:

Whose gunna get all you old gits off the floor after an hour? :smiley:

I assumed everyone was bringing deckchairs?
    Give me a break, I can't carry a blanket, flask and deckchair ffs. :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    trundler said:

The Valley party campaign worked so well because everyone involved behaved in a dignified manner. If you start singing and swearing you just lose the argument. My idea would work because it is easy to do. A simple message via email to the club stating your intentions regarding renewing or not will send a clear message to the owners. Imagine if they received 3000 emails stating that. Don't know how this can be done but any suggestions would be welcome. If you can organise a pillow fight at Liverpool Street Station in 24 hours then a message could be sent out for people to email on an appointed day.

I'd be more than happy to comply with this suggestion but it would only make an impact if the majority of current season ticket holders did the same.

Could this be done in tandem with requesting our details be deleted from the database as someone asked yesterday ?

Airman ?

( nudge :wink: )

IMHO we need to attack on all possible fronts.

As Cpl Jones used to say" They don't like it up 'em".

• Options
    'Could this be done in tandem with requesting our details be deleted from the database as someone asked yesterday ?'

I didn't see this suggestion but I'm assuming they would have to, by law, act upon such a request whereas an email saying you are not going to renew can be ignored?
  • Options
    As I stated before this gives every season -ticket holder an opportunity to state their intentions before next season. Suggest we pick a date where supporters can do this and inform the club. The onus should be on the individual to express their view. How this message is sent out I am open to suggestions. Leaflets would work at a home match.
  • Options

'Could this be done in tandem with requesting our details be deleted from the database as someone asked yesterday ?'

I didn't see this suggestion but I'm assuming they would have to, by law, act upon such a request whereas an email saying you are not going to renew can be ignored?

I think this is an interesting proposal.
    If they are obliged (by law) to act upon these requests, I think it would be a powerful move.
    As season ticket holders, we have presumably entered in to a contract with the club, but who really understands the obligations that the club have with regard to our data? Airman perhaps.....
  • Options
    100 IN!

100% Fuck off Roland

Looking forward to it

#Standupifyouwantthemout
  • Options

trundler said:

The Valley party campaign worked so well because everyone involved behaved in a dignified manner. If you start singing and swearing you just lose the argument. My idea would work because it is easy to do. A simple message via email to the club stating your intentions regarding renewing or not will send a clear message to the owners. Imagine if they received 3000 emails stating that. Don't know how this can be done but any suggestions would be welcome. If you can organise a pillow fight at Liverpool Street Station in 24 hours then a message could be sent out for people to email on an appointed day.

I'd be more than happy to comply with this suggestion but it would only make an impact if the majority of current season ticket holders did the same.

Could this be done in tandem with requesting our details be deleted from the database as someone asked yesterday ?

Airman ?

( nudge :wink: )

IMHO we need to attack on all possible fronts.

As Cpl Jones used to say" They don't like it up 'em".

Maybe the trust can compile a list - put it all on a spreadsheet and send on our behalf - it will be more token than official as the club will reject the request, but a point will be made all the same.
  • Options
    I'm in. The current regime is killing the football club