Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire's next move?

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Will she

A) Attempt to stay completely silent for as long as possible, indefinitely. (No brainer)

B . Say that we fans still don't understand the vision, we have not listened and its all got out of hand. "The 2%" have obviously hired extras to make it look more were protesting.

C) Say that communication with the fans needs more work and there looking into ways to improve it........give up.

D) Fully admit to mistakes and or some errors and say they are taking the protests seriously and want a reasonable peaceful resolution that makes the fans happy.

E) Resign

F) Play the victim, make up some BS that Charlton fans have been harrassing her and making her life miserable. Insisting Charlton fans or some fans are ruining her life with extreme personal abuse (she fake sobs)

G) other...over to you.

She lies alot and without hesitation or guilt.

I strangely think, possibly F) ...

Comments

• Options
    H) clear off back to Belgium.
  • Options
    A) - They don't care about us or need us.
  • Options
    E hopefully sooner rather than later
  • Options
    F. She definitely feels the victim in all this.
    Really she should resign, she's getting ridiculed in the media for her quotes and decision making, she can't get rid of those articmes, it's going to seriously harm her credibility and career.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Really she should resign, she's getting ridiculed in the media for her quotes and decision making, she can't get rid of those articmes, it's going to seriously harm her credibility and career.

No doubt she'll make a big fuss about the nasty sexist English football fans and media when she eventually does return to Belgium.
  • Options
    My guess is A.
    She'll probably wait for her boss to give her instructions on the next move. However Duchatelet is a coward and doesn't care about us so don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    The smart thing to do which may go against ego, would be to at least comment on the protests and show some kind of acknowledgement that the fans are obviously not happy. She doesn't have to go over board but just a simple understanding and little step back of a few things would and could go along way. She might think what's the point in that? Damage limitation? She might think this is now a war where we have to box clever.

The 1st step of hopefully many is the hardest so all she has to do in this sense is just get her head out of her ass a little bit and perhaps say "I can maybe understand why a manager from the Belgian 3rd division does not make you fans happy".

It's like say for instance, if you work in retail, shopfloor and a knobhead customer comes over to you and starts moaning at you about something that you don't feel was your fault, like they are taking back a purchase that they thought was shit, and they are visibly and verbally upset and hour getting the shit for it.

The 1st thing you are likely to say is I'm sorry you feel that way or I'm sorry that happened. In your head you might think what a wanker. Or maybe that's too much respect to some peasant customer. It's called being professional and knowing how to handle fellow human beings. Empathy.

• Options
    She will probably say "If the Charlton fans will only work with me, they will then probably see the BIG picture of what will unravel before their eyes" She will have some cock-n-bull story to tell us which will be a rehash of what she has said before. Listen if you will with deaf ears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My guess is A but realistically, how much pressure can a person take before they implode. The lady has to be thinking about resigning.
  • Options
    Hopefully E) because of F)
  • Options
    Another one is I) be sacked.

Should be D, will probably be C.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    A) for now, hoping the January signings will turn things around and if that happens G) talk about what a great job Fraeye did keeping us up and how the signings made the difference.
  • Options
    The next move will be a sofa in each corner of the ground and to put her signature on a 6 month contract for Clinton Morrison.

That's about all I expect from her
  • Options
    C.
  • Options
    Finds a "flak catcher", maybe the new Head of Comms or maybe an ex-player or similar, to take on the communication role for her.

This person's role will be to take the "flak" and try and put a more personable and polite face on the regime.

The hope will be that the new person will be harder for fans to disagree with because they are either new or have a certain status.

She will say little if anything and when she does it will be in print or other media over which she has control and final edit.

This may change if and when the team's performances and league position improves.

Or that least that is what her media minder will be telling her.
  • Options
    She will keep quiet for now, but think the signing of a few British players will placate her unruly customers, it probably would do if it wasn't ones the idiots got rid of in the first place.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    tricky said:

I think she'll keep quiet and desperately hope that signings and/or a an upturn in results placate the fans. However, she's shown herself to be keen on raising her business profile. Will she be able to resist another interview with Belgian media, or another invitation to speak at a conference?

Definitely this. I think it's why we've heard nothing from the club since November. They think that by bringing back a few old faces they will appease the fans, results will improve and the protests will go away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stay quiet until we get a couple of acceptable results and then come out with the same on tripe. Playing the female victim card is guaranteed as it covers up her glaring professional deficiencies and is hard to disprove. I suspect her one concession to the protests will be to claim she has had plenty of messages of support from real fans (oddly the only emails that seem to make it through her spam filter) and that she remains committed and its working hard etc etc ...
  • Options
    D & E hopefully
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I sent her a message on LinkedIn a few days ago which essentially said this. Haven't had a reply yet!
  • Options
    A sideways move instigated by RD. This way they both save face and probably bring in a new CEO.

• Options
    I reckon her little lap dog Murray will be sent out to say a few words. She's lost us and she knows it.
  • Options

I reckon her little lap dog Murray will be sent out to say a few words. She's lost us and she knows it.

Most people with some common sense would realise Murray has pretty much lost us too. Sadly, we aren't dealing with someone with common sense.
  • Options
    I reckon it will be F, but she makes herself look more ridiculous with everything she says. Even the press are quoting that she sniggers at fans, does that make her look like a competent CEO? Doubt she'll work over here again.
  • Options

Chunes said:

I sent her a message on LinkedIn a few days ago which essentially said this. Haven't had a reply yet!
    Good move. Spamming her Linkedin page will impact on her as I imagine she puts great store in how her 'peers' view her