Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire's next move?

Comments

• Options

I have a daughter of about her age, and if I were her Dad I’d advise her to leave Charlton and get as far away as possible from that nasty Mr Duchâtelet. He has left her in the firing line to take all his flak as well as her own.

She should then take a holiday before getting herself a nice little office job in the City. Join the gym, get a little cat, and settle down in the evenings to watch a bit of TV. Maybe sign up for Sky Movies - but definitely not the football.

It seems to me she is most lacking in good parental advice.

My kids stopped listening to my advice when they were about ten or eleven.
  • Options
    I guess she is the "not for turning" type and the more we protest the more intransigent she will become and only when we cause enough media trouble and affect the bottom line will RD sell, but she will stay until the bitter end.
    As for RM he is inconsequential, a jester to his queen
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Easy question, she will ask Roland what to do, and he will tell her to ignore us until we go away. The man is pathetic, but we are not going anywhere.

The problem is that we are going away right now and she doesn't know how to entice them back. Roland will find out soon enough
  • Options

I guess she is the "not for turning" type and the more we protest the more intransigent she will become and only when we cause enough media trouble and affect the bottom line will RD sell, but she will stay until the bitter end.

She may stay to the bitter end simply because her stock must be falling. Potential employers check Google etc as a matter of course and she's not exactly had glowing references of late. But agree that she seems the type to keep on grinning and lying to the bitter end.
  • Options
    I was just reading an old interview where she said: "[Dutachetelet] is putting pressure on me to show results. Of course, I know that. I realise that some day something will fail to go as planned and I’ll be sacked."

• Options
    I think it will be a combination of most of those options, to be honest.

I reckon she will front it out for as long as possible, putting as much positive club spin and negative fan spin as possible. Eventually the only thing left spun will be a total web of lies and deceit and she will end up being moved to some far-flung star system at the other end of the evil empire following complete and utter vilification in the press because her position is untenable even for Duchatalet. He won't fire her and she won't fall on her sword.

If Duchatalet intends to keep CAFC and run it as a viable going concern he will need a replacement CEO who understands the game, the players and also the fans and who will appoint a thoroughbred manager, will hoist two fingers to FFP and splurge the cash on decent players. As Bournemouth have proven, flashing the cash gets the results in this day and age. "You can't make the scene if you ain't got the green."
  • Options
    Her next move will be Belgium hopefully and permanently!
  • Options

The Iron Lady wasn't for turning but she did damned fine impression of it over the Poll Tax. Hopefully, we won't feel the need to resort to the same tactics.
  • Options
    If Roland actually cared for KM, at all, he'd move her on now. To keep her in the job would feel like a punishment to her and us.

(Of course, we need them both gone. As soon as).
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    B: They did it with mirrors and I'm revising it upwards, I now believe 3% is a more realistic figure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to improve her profile I reckon she'll go on a CEO Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire special:

• Options
    I think KM is the reincarnation of Eva Braun! RD being the reincarnation of Hitler.
  • Options
    Currently sat at her pc looking at a youtube video feeling pretty embarrassed I would imagine...
  • Options

She's gone into hiding with PL54.

Or is that, with her P45, hopefully
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I was just reading an old interview where she said: "[Dutachetelet] is putting pressure on me to show results. Of course, I know that. I realise that some day something will fail to go as planned and I’ll be sacked."

Makes you wonder what she's doing to keep him on side?...........I'll leave it there.

• Options
    I don't think she is capable of being embaressed. She has said it already, she is probably thinking we are weird! We need to let her no weird or not, we are coming after her and she has gone past the point of no return. We now have a CEO who doesn't comment FFS. Good or bad, a CEO at any other club would have said something. Her silence is victory in itself. It proves she is week and a coward like her boss.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ross1 said:

She's gone into hiding with PL54.

Or is that, with her P45, hopefully
    Edited
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chunes said:

Makes you wonder what she's doing to keep him on side?...........I'll leave it there.

I don't think she fancies him......
  • Options
    I am the CEO that has employed five separate managers in the last two years, each advancing Charlton as a club and the fans customers have to accept that.
  • Options

We have been a selling club for the majority of the 57 years I have supported CAFC - Billy Bonds, Mike Bailey, Len Glover and so on. However, this potential sale of Ademola Lookman, who has made just a handful of starts, succinctly sums up this current regime. What next? A fire sale of our under 10's? Like many, I demonstrated against the Gliksten family whenever it was needed, was twice on the pitch during the Stoke match, the last before our move to Selhurst, was at Woolwich Town Hall on both occasions, was at The Valley for the clear up after the first announcement that we would be going home etc etc. The list, given our history, is fairly long.
    Now in my 63rd year, I thought my days of protest were long behind me - but this shower has changed all that.
    I was part of the post-match protests on Saturday, and will continue venting my anger at Colchester this coming Saturday.
    After 30 years in finance, and then 11 years in professional sport, I think I am experienced enough to differentiate between being a customer and being a ‘fan’ and I resent Ms Meire’s childish attempts at trying to justify her existence and some of the ridiculous decisions she has made during her tenure as CEO. When the time comes for her to go – and I suspect that time is not far away – I hope the first thing her successor puts in place will be a ceremonial burning of the ‘sofa’ and the ridiculous outfits worn by our two mascots. If Ms Meire has been trying to ramp up the match day experience at The Valley, she has failed abysmally. Even Rodney Stone’s parading of circus animals around the Valley Pitch before a match against Portsmouth several decades ago – which we all laughed at at the time – was light years ahead of any of Ms Meire’s derisory efforts.
    Ms Meire has treated every single Charlton supporter, both alive and dead, with a stunning degree of disrespect. In so doing, she has lost any respect that we fans normally afford to those who are fortunate enough to put Charlton Athletic Football Club on their cv.
    For what it is worth, I am now throwing my own hat in the ring, and, like thousands of other Addicks, will not rest until this cancer has been removed from OUR club.

Great post - I am of a similar age and thought my days of protest were behind me but enough is enough - she and Roland must go.
  • Options

We have been a selling club for the majority of the 57 years I have supported CAFC - Billy Bonds, Mike Bailey, Len Glover and so on. However, this potential sale of Ademola Lookman, who has made just a handful of starts, succinctly sums up this current regime. What next? A fire sale of our under 10's? Like many, I demonstrated against the Gliksten family whenever it was needed, was twice on the pitch during the Stoke match, the last before our move to Selhurst, was at Woolwich Town Hall on both occasions, was at The Valley for the clear up after the first announcement that we would be going home etc etc. The list, given our history, is fairly long.
    Now in my 63rd year, I thought my days of protest were long behind me - but this shower has changed all that.
    I was part of the post-match protests on Saturday, and will continue venting my anger at Colchester this coming Saturday.
    After 30 years in finance, and then 11 years in professional sport, I think I am experienced enough to differentiate between being a customer and being a ‘fan’ and I resent Ms Meire’s childish attempts at trying to justify her existence and some of the ridiculous decisions she has made during her tenure as CEO. When the time comes for her to go – and I suspect that time is not far away – I hope the first thing her successor puts in place will be a ceremonial burning of the ‘sofa’ and the ridiculous outfits worn by our two mascots. If Ms Meire has been trying to ramp up the match day experience at The Valley, she has failed abysmally. Even Rodney Stone’s parading of circus animals around the Valley Pitch before a match against Portsmouth several decades ago – which we all laughed at at the time – was light years ahead of any of Ms Meire’s derisory efforts.
    Ms Meire has treated every single Charlton supporter, both alive and dead, with a stunning degree of disrespect. In so doing, she has lost any respect that we fans normally afford to those who are fortunate enough to put Charlton Athletic Football Club on their cv.
    For what it is worth, I am now throwing my own hat in the ring, and, like thousands of other Addicks, will not rest until this cancer has been removed from OUR club.

Great post - I am of a similar age and thought my days of protest were behind me but enough is enough - she and Roland must go.
    It's not just us though is it. The finances in football are so ludicrously skewed in favour of the Premier League to the extent that they can hoover up the slightest hint of talent with financial impunity.

Until it all goes tits up in money terms which looks unlikely I think the way forward will be to limit the squads of these football monsters. Chelsea with how many out on loan last season ? Was it 30 ?

All the time the PL has such access to ridiculous money no club outside the PL will be insulated from the insanity.

• Options

Although I agree with most of this the mascot outfits were chosen by fans (young ones, obviously) in a competition so I think it is a bit harsh to single that out. Even if you don't like them at the very least it is, probably, the only fan interaction she has presided over, let's not knock it.
  • Options
    For me her next move should be jumping off The Shard to prove that you can bounce when you hit the floor
  • Options
    Her next move should be to read today's evening standard
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Her next move should be to read today's evening standard

and respond