Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire's next move?

Comments

• Options
    TEL said:

I dont consider writing "Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive"
    could be construed as bullying, but writing "Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive" could certainly be considered as factual.

Fair point, well made.

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

So if I write Katrien Meire, out of her depth and not suitable to be an executive enough times, that helps?

I'm pretty certain that if you kept writing "Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive" then there's a good chance of it becoming quite common on when you searched for "Katrien Meire".

I mean, there's nothing to lose by writing "Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive" . Not that I'd condone needlessly writing "Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive" for no reason..
    That should read for 'any' reason. Can you edit please LR?

• Options
    I think that posting the fact that ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive'' would be a retrograde step.
  • Options

I think that posting the fact that ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive'' would be a retrograde step.

You think?

• Options
    edited January 2016

We have been a selling club for the majority of the 57 years I have supported CAFC - Billy Bonds, Mike Bailey, Len Glover and so on. However, this potential sale of Ademola Lookman, who has made just a handful of starts, succinctly sums up this current regime. What next? A fire sale of our under 10's? Like many, I demonstrated against the Gliksten family whenever it was needed, was twice on the pitch during the Stoke match, the last before our move to Selhurst, was at Woolwich Town Hall on both occasions, was at The Valley for the clear up after the first announcement that we would be going home etc etc. The list, given our history, is fairly long.
    Now in my 63rd year, I thought my days of protest were long behind me - but this shower has changed all that.
    I was part of the post-match protests on Saturday, and will continue venting my anger at Colchester this coming Saturday.
    After 30 years in finance, and then 11 years in professional sport, I think I am experienced enough to differentiate between being a customer and being a ‘fan’ and I resent Ms Meire’s childish attempts at trying to justify her existence and some of the ridiculous decisions she has made during her tenure as CEO. When the time comes for her to go – and I suspect that time is not far away – I hope the first thing her successor puts in place will be a ceremonial burning of the ‘sofa’ and the ridiculous outfits worn by our two mascots. If Ms Meire has been trying to ramp up the match day experience at The Valley, she has failed abysmally. Even Rodney Stone’s parading of circus animals around the Valley Pitch before a match against Portsmouth several decades ago – which we all laughed at at the time – was light years ahead of any of Ms Meire’s derisory efforts.
    Ms Meire has treated every single Charlton supporter, both alive and dead, with a stunning degree of disrespect. In so doing, she has lost any respect that we fans normally afford to those who are fortunate enough to put Charlton Athletic Football Club on their cv.
    For what it is worth, I am now throwing my own hat in the ring, and, like thousands of other Addicks, will not rest until this cancer has been removed from OUR club.

Although I agree with most of this the mascot outfits were chosen by fans (young ones, obviously) in a competition so I think it is a bit harsh to single that out. Even if you don't like them at the very least it is, probably, the only fan interaction she has presided over, let's not knock it.
    The mascot idea, sofa, centre circle debacle, pathetic fan forum Powerpoint (with no follow up and blasted out of the water with Nug's hastily put together riposte) is resonant of someone totally out of their depth. While her legal expertise may give her some insight into players' contracts, she found herself with a majority of the squad being academy and was twiddling her thumbs. RD is paying me lots of wedge, how can I justify my existence? Cutting staff numbers will show me as tough, regardless of whether I know what they do and who will fill the gaps. But that is a negative, what can I do to enhance the fan's experience and recruit younger punters? Enhance player recruitment? Investigate training protocol to prevent massive injury list? Improve catering and ticket office? Ask the fans? No. I know, house music in Crossbars and the above initiatives.

Katrein Meire, you've not got a clue!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If you Google her name you can see that the negative publicity is starting to have an impact.

The first few returns are her moaning about the "abuse" she's had to face, but the really damming article for her personally, the one written by Medium, is on the first page.

I have no doubt that for someone as ambitious as Katrien, having your "Googleability" damaged will be pretty horrific so getting the articles which tell the truth (like the Medium article) up the rankings should be a priority for us. I know some very basic SEO tips but is there anyone in the game who might have an idea of a strategy ?

As a lawyer she has already had her Wiki page removed under web privacy protocol and I am sure these articles will vanish as soon as they appear.
  • Options

Constantly writing Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive could be considered to be bullying. Please everyone stop writing Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.

Santa Claus I'm not sure I agree with you that constantly writing Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive could be considered to be bullying. She certainly needs some training on Powerpoint presentations though. Perhaps NUG can help?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0YmiAVM9uU
  • Options
    Does it work if anybody types ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive'' ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive'' oops sorry I typed ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive'' twice instead of typing ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive'' Just the once. When I get to work tomorrow I'll type 100 lines for getting it wrong. Hmm what can I write to punish myself...... have to have a think about that one :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    IA said:

I think it also helps when other people link to it if the link is clearly identified as being related to the search term, like this one about Katrien Meire

Guessing this was what you meant, Google probably delivers different result for each individual. Was on page 2 for me.

I got a CharltonLife thread on the third page of mine... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very impressive bit of work on the 'powerpoint presentation' ....... who are we.
    Going to put in on my Facebook page and twitter.
  • Options
    Initially I thought the statement 'Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive?' was correct. Then I had a good think about whether saying 'Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive? was fair. I have pondered the question, Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive? and have come to the conclusion that it is perfectly fair and accurate to say: Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive?
  • Options
    'Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive' is a very specific search. It has not appeared, for me, in the more general 'Katrien Meire' search. Would have a better chance of appearing in this search if was posted on multiple websites rather than just on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Inspiraional Speaker? She was shortlisted in the Inspiration Awards for Women last year. I'm sure some truly inspirational women would find that borderline offensive, just because she's "running a football club" doesn't mean she's doing it well and actually, I'd say she's doing any other women with those aspirations a great disservice.

The mind boggles.

Edit: Bugger me, she bloody won one.

And she's used as an example for the book, "Hear and Now", about how women can be heard in the workplace:

Expertise is independent of gender. For example, Dolce & Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld and Giorgio Armani – all men – have made huge contributions to women's fashion. Baroness Brady CBE, Shelley Kerr, Margaret Byrne and Katrien Meire – all women – have made huge contributions to men’s football (soccer)
    Huge contributions to men's football? That's like saying "the chef made a huge contribution to my meal by grabbing a load of pubes and mixing them up in my curry".

Having watched her on-stage performance in Dublin, she is as much as inspirational speaker as Roland is a communicator
  • Options
    mogodon said:

LuckyReds said:

Inspiraional Speaker? She was shortlisted in the Inspiration Awards for Women last year. I'm sure some truly inspirational women would find that borderline offensive, just because she's "running a football club" doesn't mean she's doing it well and actually, I'd say she's doing any other women with those aspirations a great disservice.

The mind boggles.

Edit: Bugger me, she bloody won one.

And she's used as an example for the book, "Hear and Now", about how women can be heard in the workplace:

Expertise is independent of gender. For example, Dolce & Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld and Giorgio Armani – all men – have made huge contributions to women's fashion. Baroness Brady CBE, Shelley Kerr, Margaret Byrne and Katrien Meire – all women – have made huge contributions to men’s football (soccer)
    Huge contributions to men's football? That's like saying "the chef made a huge contribution to my meal by grabbing a load of pubes and mixing them up in my curry".
    Having watched her on-stage performance in Dublin, she is as much as inspirational speaker as Roland is a communicator

I'm not sure about that. She's inspired me to dislike her even more ... Hats off
  • Options
    Personally, I feel that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive. I don't think I am alone in thinking that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive, there appear to be many others who also think Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.
  • Options
    The sentence written repeatedly, will it eventually be the first thing seen when she is googled? At the moment other stuff comes up when she is googled.
  • Options
    Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive

Just doing my bit...
  • Options
    Changing direction slightly, Katrien Meire is incompetent, a poor communicator, upsets customers, not a good corporate player, indecisive, does not listen to advice, ignores previous mistakes and repeats them, interferes in departments, inspires no loyalty, and is too ready to blame others for her own failings, She does, however, have a constant grin on her face even when all around is crumbling.
  • Options
    Probably ordering a snorkel as Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been told that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive. I wasn't sure whether to believe that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive, but I am persuaded by the many times I have heard that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive. Thus, it does actually seem that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.
  • Options
    She is clueless about football and seems reluctant to take advice from anyone not connected to RD. She always comes across as defensive, unable to engage with 'customers'(fans) and sums up everything that is wrong with mediocre CEOs.
    Her attempt to justify the constant change of managers is beyond cringeworthy. If she had any decency then along with KF she'd pack her bags and leave - sadly they won't.
    There are numerous executives who are out of their depth in the business world but like KM it doesn't seem to bother them.
  • Options
    Interestingly if you use the search Katrien Meire out of her depth in Google I got a number of Charlton Life threads but not this one.

• Options
    Interesting to hear that others agree that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive as I have thought this for some time. I wonder when Katrien Meire herself will realise that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive. Soon I hope, then she can bugger off and we can move on to Roland Duchatelet is an egocentric megalomaniac who isn't fit to run a football club.

I wonder if Roland is starting to realise that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.
  • Options
    She only has one option at this point. Sit tight and hope that the signings made will appease the majority of fans. Will depend on the results turning around but we won't really see those result enough to decide until end of February. My guess is that no statement will be made in recognition of the protests.
  • Options
    Her position is clearly that RD pays the bills so he has the final say, and supporters need to respect that. The problem with this argument is, that we do have a stake in the club being run in a professional way. If we go down and the owner walks away, he can forget about it, but we have to live with the consequences of his actions as we won’t say, oh let’s go and support Palace instead. We respect the owner has the say, but we don’t accept that the club is run like a private circus. It is perfectly right for us to demand better.

• Options
    I agree we should demand better as fans and customers/clients of this club. in particular an improvement in the performance of the CEO as compared to the current CEO of Charlton Athletice, Katrien Meire, who is out of her depth and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.
  • Options
    Am I to understand that it is Charlton Athletic's Katrien Meire, who is out of her depth and is certainly not suitable to be an executive?
    I thought it was the other Katrien Meire, who is out of her depth and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.