Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire's next move?

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Like the slug she is, she is hiding in her shell. She is probably hoping results will pick up and she can ride it out. Not the great example of leadership you would expect from a decent CEO, but we all know she isn’t a decent CEO.

Do slugs hide in shells?
    Hermit slugs perhaps. Sound more like Ducatelet than Mare though.
  • Options
    Facts suggest that as a CEO of Charlton Athletic that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive of any football club.
  • Options
    I also believe that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Just had a LinkedIn notification that she is celebrating 2 years as CEO today!

A good few months longer than most other jobs she's had!

https://gb.linkedin.com/in/katrien-meire-8425005
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    LenGlover said:

Just had a LinkedIn notification that she is celebrating 2 years as CEO today!

A good few months longer than most other jobs she's had!

https://gb.linkedin.com/in/katrien-meire-8425005
    Speaks volumes about her abilities that this is the longest time she has spent in a job. It's clearly not because she is such a brilliant talent. Also, check out her skills. None, aside from legal advice (presumably when she tries to claim unfair dismissal) at all relevant to operating a football club.

As recently as five years ago she was a trainee at a law firm!!!
  • Options
    I would guess that in her upbringing she was very responsive to being taught, but not to being educated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has she been sighted near the Valley since Saturday or is she working from home?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I would guess that in her upbringing she was very responsive to being taught, but not to being educated.

That's quite a guess
  • Options
    It's popped up on my Linkedin that today is her 2 year anniversary at Charlton, if any one wants to say 'congrats'.
  • Options
    I think she spent the first 12 months fixing obvious issues like the pitch, the creditors and signing a few players scouted by others or supplied by Liege.

But she's been drowning for a few months now in fact ever since Luzon was appointed. Of course others choose to post that ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive''

I wrote something to this effect here on CL last January.

• Options

se9addick said:

If you Google her name you can see that the negative publicity is starting to have an impact.

The first few returns are her moaning about the "abuse" she's had to face, but the really damming article for her personally, the one written by Medium, is on the first page.

I have no doubt that for someone as ambitious as Katrien, having your "Googleability" damaged will be pretty horrific so getting the articles which tell the truth (like the Medium article) up the rankings should be a priority for us. I know some very basic SEO tips but is there anyone in the game who might have an idea of a strategy ?

As a lawyer she has already had her Wiki page removed under web privacy protocol and I am sure these articles will vanish as soon as they appear.
    Oh what a tangled web we weave
    When first we practice to deceive!
  • Options

I have a daughter of about her age, and if I were her Dad I’d advise her to leave Charlton and get as far away as possible from that nasty Mr Duchâtelet. He has left her in the firing line to take all his flak as well as her own.

She should then take a holiday before getting herself a nice little office job in the City. Join the gym, get a little cat, and settle down in the evenings to watch a bit of TV. Maybe sign up for Sky Movies - but definitely not the football.

It seems to me she is most lacking in good parental advice.

My kids stopped listening to my advice when they were about ten or eleven.
    It was ever thus!
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

I think KM is the reincarnation of Eva Braun! RD being the reincarnation of Hitler.

I think that is a bit naughty Loupe. Maybe Sadie agrees with you.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Her next move should be to read today's evening standard

Why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

I think she spent the first 12 months fixing obvious issues like the pitch, the creditors and signing a few players scouted by others or supplied by Liege.

But she's been drowning for a few months now in fact ever since Luzon was appointed. Of course others choose to post that ''Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive''

I wrote something to this effect here on CL last January.

That sounds like an 'I told you so' after you mention that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive. You used to be one of the most pro-Roland people on here, I wouldn't be too proud.

It has always been a fact that Katrien Meire is out of her depth, and is certainly not suitable to be an executive.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I used to work for a self made multi millionaire entrepreneur, one day he was being fitted for a suit and thought the young man serving him was great so offered him a job in his £100m t/o business heading up projects, a role for which he had no qualifications and he subsequently failed in the role. he was fired, the only difference between the two entrepreneurs (RD) is that roland has not identified his mistake and sacked her yet. Square pegs round holes.

I'll be honest, I was one of those that this time last year supported her as being a breath of fresh air who showed potential, the problem is she has failed to build on those early months and learn from her mistakes and has in fact continually repeated them.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I would hope that Charlton Athletic's Katrien Meire, who is out of her depth and is certainly not suitable to be an executive would soon come to that realization herself, so that the British economy (at least that around SE London) could get going again.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I used to work for a self made multi millionaire entrepreneur, one day he was being fitted for a suit and thought the young man serving him was great so offered him a job in his £100m t/o business heading up projects, a role for which he had no qualifications and he subsequently failed in the role. he was fired, the only difference between the two entrepreneurs (RD) is that roland has not identified his mistake and sacked her yet. Square pegs round holes.

I'll be honest, I was one of those that this time last year supported her as being a breath of fresh air who showed potential, the problem is she has failed to build on those early months and learn from her mistakes and has in fact continually repeated them.

Bullshit and bluster works for a limited time. Then you have to show you have what it takes. She has been found out, as evidenced by her rather pathetic playing of the hurt female card. It does her no credit and harms other females who are managing very well in business.
  • Options
    Much as I think KM is dreadful and feel the club dying just a little bit more with every ridiculous statement she makes, I don't see her resigning making any difference so long as RD remains in charge. It's ultimately the owner that's the problem and whoever is CEO we'll just get the same old bullshit...
  • Options

Much as I think KM is dreadful and feel the club dying just a little bit more with every ridiculous statement she makes, I don't see her resigning making any difference so long as RD remains in charge. It's ultimately the owner that's the problem and whoever is CEO we'll just get the same old bullshit...

You are probably right. But think how much of a spring it will put in your/our step to see that loathsome individual packing her bags
  • Options
    Indeed, Katrien Meire who is out of her depth and is certainly not suitable to be an executive to the point where she would need water wings to negotiate the potholes in the west stand car park when it rains, has been sussed in the same way she was in her legal career, if it can be called that. Her failure to address the problem of the potholes, an ongoing issue she inherited and has wholly failed to rectify just goes to prove Katrien Meire who is out of her depth and is certainly not suitable to be an executive, has not engaged with her customers in any way at all.
  • Options
    Inside leg measurement sir? :wink: