Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire's next move?

Comments

• Options

I reckon her little lap dog Murray will be sent out to say a few words. She's lost us and she knows it.

I suspect Murray may have realised (after Saturday) that he is no longer seen as the acceptable face of the regime. I wonder how long before Meire and Murray stop coming to matches as well ...
  • Options
    Like the slug she is, she is hiding in her shell. She is probably hoping results will pick up and she can ride it out. Not the great example of leadership you would expect from a decent CEO, but we all know she isn’t a decent CEO.
  • Options

A sideways move instigated by RD. This way they both save face and probably bring in a new CEO.

Agreed. Expect to see her moved to a role at St Truiden (her local club back home) or Ujpest with another network lackey appointed as CEO of Charlton!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Duchatelet may have ordered her to keep quiet of course. He must have found her comments a bit itrritating as they were inflammatory and needless irrespective of being true.
  • Options
    Of course she will have contacted RD to advise him, who would have told her (because he has no understanding of CAFC nor its fans nor of the passions of football fans) that it will all die down, and not to worry as 1 win will pacify the rabble.
    How wrong he is going to be - this is going to be one hell of a eff-up on his part - something he will not be used to nor experienced before in his business life. He is going to be very shocked.
  • Options
    Her stated role is the face of the club and the main link between the fans and the owner. That relationship is now toxic and broken beyond repair. I don't see how she can effectively continue in the job.

Of course, she won't be resigning. This job was her golden ticket out of her "boring" (she said it!) legal career and she will cling on to it as long as possible. M. Duchatelet should be trying to find her a job at one of his other clubs.
  • Options
    Who is Katrien support group ?

Richard Murray ? That must be coming to an end soon unless Murray have
    Totally lost the plot.

She has no family here ?
    Does she have a partner ?
    Friends ?

Is she a Belinda No Mates ?
  • Options
    She's married isnt she?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Totally lost the plot.

She has no family here ?
    Friends ?

Yeah, her boyfriend is the hardest bloke in Belgium and he ain't a happy bunny
  • Options

Totally lost the plot.

She has no family here ?
    Friends ?

Well can you tell your Girlfriend to piss off and leave Charlton alone?
  • Options

Totally lost the plot.

She has no family here ?
    Friends ?

I wish you'd told me before, then i wouldn't have had Katrien as the wallpaper on my Phone and the Massive picture on my ceiling; that was too far for my wife ?

Mrs Soapbox had enough and walked out on me,
    So there's always a silver lining :smile:

• Options
    Addicted said:

Like the slug she is, she is hiding in her shell. She is probably hoping results will pick up and she can ride it out. Not the great example of leadership you would expect from a decent CEO, but we all know she isn’t a decent CEO.

Slugs dont have shells

Other than that I agree with you
    Snails are slugs with shells
  • Options

She's married isnt she?

That never seems to bother @DaveMehmet :wink:
  • Options

She's married isnt she?

Yeah, to the hardest bloke in Belgium
  • Options

She's married isnt she?

Yeah, to the softest bloke @ Charlton
    Jesus... First she was your Girlfriend, now she's your wife...

You'd better sort yourself out mate else you'll have a 2% of getting anything from her tonight
  • Options

She's married isnt she?

You'd better sort yourself out mate else you'll have a 2% of getting anything from her tonight
    I'm in France pal, moved here after running me shop next to Grove Park BR Station
  • Options
    Easy question, she will ask Roland what to do, and he will tell her to ignore us until we go away. The man is pathetic, but we are not going anywhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Addicted said:

Slugs dont have shells

I though slugs were just homeless snails?
  • Options

She's married isnt she?

I'm in France pal, moved here after running me shop next to Grove Park BR Station
    Wow you never said you were in France? - How does the long distance relationship with Katrien work? ;)
  • Options

I have a daughter of about her age, and if I were her Dad I’d advise her to leave Charlton and get as far away as possible from that nasty Mr Duchâtelet. He has left her in the firing line to take all his flak as well as her own.

She should then take a holiday before getting herself a nice little office job in the City. Join the gym, get a little cat, and settle down in the evenings to watch a bit of TV. Maybe sign up for Sky Movies - but definitely not the football.

It seems to me she is most lacking in good parental advice.

I'm not sure if this is tongue in cheek but I suspect that as a lawyer she will be determined to front this up and her parents, assuming they are from similar stock, are likely to advise her to do just that.

Sadly I believe that some of her most recent comments, including the performance in Ireland, are a deliberate, and vindictive, attempt to put us in our place. She can't, really, be stupid enough not to know what the outcome would be of what she says. The way she giggles her way through some interviews reminds me of the popular and desirable women I've known that have always found men easy to manipulate. She has that 'sassy' confidence that is normally only evident in women that have had men falling over themselves to please her. The whole asking us to stand up to the nasty 2% was another example of that - expecting those that won't give her what she wants to be 'sorted out; by the majority that will do anything for her.

I don't doubt her qualifications but her track record screams of a lack of experience and a spoiled child. I suspect she will front it out and, in due course, make a bold statement that she has done the right thing and fixed the problem when we have a few more players (that should have been here in August) and the results have improved - hopefully. After all every decision has proved to be the correct one, right?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In that case, our role is to maintain the pressure on her regardless of results. It would be a shame if we just avoided relegation and the protests died away. She is not fit for purpose. Neither is Fraeye. A few wins here and there (welcome but highly unlikely) won't change that, and we need to look long term
  • Options

Addicted said:

Slugs dont have shells

Well hopefully shell not be CEO for too much longer
  • Options

Our CEO's next move ?

Hopefully, to Siberia.

Katrien in a Dostoyevsky siberian exile - I like it
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Our CEO's next move ?

Hopefully, to Siberia.

My source Has sent me Verbatim; what happened when
    Katrien went for a interview at Centre parcs to be their CEO.

Q. Katrien Meire; could you please tell us in a concise manner how you would bring continued success to Centre Paces.

A. The first thing i would do is Put sofas in the middle of the woods, so our Customers can have a rest, and Park Rangers dress up as Foxes, Badgers and
    Bats would bring food which would be locally sourced from the kids Zoo ?
    For Example The Roe deer which the Children would stroke in the morning, and in the afternoon would have Venison in a pie after they have been slaughtered.
    This would teach the children about how the food chain works.

Also for the adults we would have Sex up a tree, The higher up the tree you go to have sex the more chance you have of winning prizes. this will only take place at night and you have to be over 18 and under 90. Similar to the mile high club but without the need of any Aeroplanes, so helping the Carbon Footprint and saving the planet.
    I have a proven track record for every idea i have, being better than the one before, At Charlton Athletic, a Football club near the Thames in London,
    We have customers who are A5,C3,D9,Z4 and even ones who are 90 plus with walking sticks. My job as CEO is to convince them it's about the day experience,
    winning and losing really shouldn't come into it.
    I must be doing a great Job, because for 30 minutes before and 60 minutes
    after thousands were chanting my name and doing that v for victory sign, just like
    that old bloke who smoked Cigars and would fight them on the beaches,
    Oliver Cromwell, that's him.

Charlton Athletic are a Little club in England, and i would now like, to work for a
    Environmentally friendly company.

Q. When you took over Ms Meire, Charlton Athletic were a medium size club,

NEXT

• Options

A sideways move instigated by RD. This way they both save face and probably bring in a new CEO.

Agreed. Expect to see her moved to a role at St Truiden (her local club back home) or Ujpest with another network lackey appointed as CEO of Charlton!
    I think St Trinian's would be more appropriate :-)