Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options
    All games will now be shown behind closed doors.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    LuckyReds said:

Has it really taken them 5 days to figure out a response to fans protesting - something which was widely known beforehand and has occurred in the past? Somehow I don't think so.

They needed good news before replying (in fairness, how can they reply otherwise and no PR would advise them to) and they will flag the 'new' signings as evidence of their commitment to the future. The rest will be self-justification, a very low-key criticism of the protests (as in everyone needs to pull together) and assurances they are working hard. Anyone expecting Varney, managerial situation, club silence, ignoring fans etc to be addressed may be unlucky.

" I would hope the activity of Charlton Athletic Football club during the recently open transfer market could be seen as a sign of the determination from management to support the team towards presenting a more competitive display on the pitch and bring the team back to a position more appropriate with the ambition of the club and its supporters."
  • Options

"The club never has been, and, for the forseeable future will never be for sale. We are as disappointed as anyone with the club's performance this season, but we back Karel to turn the season around. Already we have sensed a shift in feeling around the club and we feel results will now improve. Karel fraeye will continue as interim head coach until the end of the season"

Basically saying a lot of rubbish without saying anything at all.

That's very good and on message. Did you apply for the Comms Job?
  • Options
    It is possible they are in denial. It may really be wiser for them to say nothing because whatever is said will have forensic analysis.
    Unless it is of bombshell proportions what on earth can they say anyway?
  • Options
    I can't see any reason to move Fraeye's presser because of a press release unless it directly involves him. Welcome back Jose !
  • Options
    They're also going to have to address the lack of communication since the last fan meeting as well as the hunt for a new manager? How's that going? Have we interviewed any candidates? When can we expect a permanent appointment? What's your timeline? How is Karel Fraeye's time been judged so far? Is 8 games without a win acceptable? Managers have been sacked for less here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Latest on Club inward investment.

Would be madness to get an upholstered sofa given the weather in this country.
  • Options
    We are getting new cushions for the sofa, we would like to know if fans would prefer all red with a tinge of white, or all white with a splash of red.
  • Options
    Eva Carneiro is set to be announced as our new Doctor in an attempt to reduce player injuries
  • Options
    The statement should announce the resignation of K.M.
    But I fear they may try to discredit the Peter Varney initiative and attempt to explain their vision for the future of our club.
    In the current climate I can’t believe they will announce the appointment of C.F. as manager.
    Probably wrong about all of the above but nothing surprises me about the current management of Charlton.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Olly has just confirmed on twitter, there are no Charlton players training today, their Friday day off has been brought forward to Today

All very unusual and suspicious. Though he assures me it's not too unusual apparently sessions have been harder this week.

Olly Groome ‏
    @ollygroome 6 minutes ago
    For those wondering, usual Thursday presser moved to Friday as the training schedule has been changed this week. Players off today.
    Dazzler21 to Olly
    @ollygroome all a bit unusual....
    Olly Groome
    @Dazzler21 not really. Sessions have been stepped up so things have had to be shifted around. Back to normal Thurs next week due to midweek fixture. After that, pressers will be on Wednesdays for the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The statement should announce the resignation of K.M.
    But I fear they may try to discredit the Peter Varney initiative and attempt to explain their vision for the future of our club.
    In the current climate I can’t believe they will announce the appointment of C.F. as manager.
    Probably wrong about all of the above but nothing surprises me about the current management of Charlton.

Worryingly, you could be on the money.
  • Options
    Talal said:

"Cafc are delighted to announce the engagement of Katrien and Karel"

That might upset their boss !
  • Options
    Chunes said:

"We are launching Target 25k."

I was gonna say "Target 10k, behind the West Stand, is ahead of schedule"
  • Options
    Major new signing news ... DJ Gilles Peterson has been signed on a five-year deal to perform in lounges on match days
  • Options
    Olly has just confirmed on twitter, there are no Charlton players training today, their Friday day off has been brought forward to Thursday

now that hints at a new coach/manager
  • Options
    I would love to see KM come out fighting and show she is a strong CEO. It won't happen though.

I fully expect her to say they are strengthening the squad and they will be seeking dialogue with fans blah blah blah.

I expect also Karol to be confirmed as manager.
  • Options
    Fraeye sacked Riga in in attempt to appease fans maybe? She honestly thinks we're that fickle.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RedChaser Member
    9:23AM edited 9:24AM
    Southbank said:
    What are the odds the statement today will include Fraeye being made permanent?
    Red Chaser said:
    Nothing would surprise me. It's also Press Day today with proceedings usually commencing around 1.00pm if he's still in situ.

Edit; I'm off to practice my booing

Before anyone asks, no I'm not ITK but yes the vocal chords are working. nicely :wink: .
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    'We will now offer 15 chips in a portion'