Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    mogodon said:

He should go as he's been losing the plot for a long while and the longer he stays the bigger cock he's making himself look.

Not a chance. He wants his money back and will do and say whatever they tell him to. It's such a shame to see a man who gave so much reduced to the role of a Belgian millionaire's rather pathetic puppet
    Isn't this/shouldn't this be contractually written into the terms of the takeover? If it were my £7m owed I would certainly make sure that's the case. If it's contractually bound then he shouldn't really need to worry about being their mouthpiece/puppet
  • Options

I'm not completely convinced about the Varney knight in shining armour stance.

Was he not around when we got involved with Dowse Reed, Pardew, Parkinson,Slater Jimenez?

Both Murray and Varney played walk on parts in the Curbishley fairytale.

In any event, there is no plan for PV to return as a decision maker. He has a buyer who he is convinced would be good for the club, has the resources to return the club to the Premier League and would provide RD with a satisfactory exit route, which is unlikely to be available to him in League One.

It's fair to question PV's record, as it is RM's, and god knows I've had some disagreements with him over the years. But isn't he a better bet than what we've got? I think so.
    1) That's a shame, because I would feel more comfortable with PV in an executive role at the club (maybe one with an equity stake) rather than another unknown, even if he vouches for them.

2) By about a million times.
  • Options
    Working my way through 23 pages, only up to page 9 so far, but from what i can gather , Richard, you've basically poured more petrol on the bonfire.
  • Options
    PV says that the reason he approached RD wasn't based on him wanting tore-establish himself at the club. That doesn't rule him out of having a role.
  • Options

Was he not around when we got involved with Dowse Reed, Pardew, Parkinson,Slater Jimenez?

Fair criticism, although he was not around when Parkinson was appointed. Of the others, PV would probably take most responsibility for Pardew, but at the time we all supported his appointment, didn't we?

With Slater and Jimenez, the question must be what were the choices in December 2010? Pretty much administration and potential relegation to League Two. All kinds of shit followed for individuals, PV and me included, but the outcome for most people has been record-breaking promotion and then four seasons of Championship football.

The Dowie saga was documented in the court case and was largely at RM's instigation. In the end, owners appoint managers.

As for a walk-on part, maybe, but look at the investment he brought in while chief executive - and indeed afterwards. All credit to RM for appointing Curbs, and indeed PV, but raising money needed something different. They all played a big part.

In any event, there is no plan for PV to return as a decision maker. He has a buyer who he is convinced would be good for the club, has the resources to return the club to the Premier League and would provide RD with a satisfactory exit route, which is unlikely to be available to him in League One.

We're not spoilt for choice here. While there has been other interest there's no telling whether that stacks up. The alternatives as I see them are RD/KM or the PV investor.

It's fair to question PV's record, as it is RM's, and god knows I've had some disagreements with him over the years. But isn't he a better bet than what we've got? I think so.
    This. And the choice will diminish if we fall further
  • Options

Fair criticism, although he was not around when Parkinson was appointed. Of the others, PV would probably take most responsibility for Pardew, but at the time we all supported his appointment, didn't we?

With Slater and Jimenez, the question must be what were the choices in December 2010? Pretty much administration and potential relegation to League Two. All kinds of shit followed for individuals, PV and me included, but the outcome for most people has been record-breaking promotion and then four seasons of Championship football.

The Dowie saga was documented in the court case and was largely at RM's instigation. In the end, owners appoint managers.

As for a walk-on part, maybe, but look at the investment he brought in while chief executive - and indeed afterwards. All credit to RM for appointing Curbs, and indeed PV, but raising money needed something different. They all played a big part.

We're not spoilt for choice here. While there has been other interest there's no telling whether that stacks up. The alternatives as I see them are RD/KM or the PV investor.

Agreed Airman.
    I only said all that for reasons of balance.
    I know what they both did to support Curbs, but there is now a huge difference of opinion of both men. Literally polar opposites!

And the reason for that lays firmly at Murray's door.

I just don't see Varney as the angel Gabriel picture many are painting. But do agree he very much sounds like our best option at the moment. We can only hope that if he is successful he hasn't or doesn't have a 'Murray moment'.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Google translate;
    Roland Duchâtelet experience the nightmare just all over again, but abroad. Just like during his time with Standard gets to the chairman of Charlton in England as well as a supporters revolt. Board member Richard Murray (and former president) is trying to appease the fans meanwhile calm.
    Some half-time reading> #cafc fans protest against Roland Duchatelet regime at the Valley: https://t.co/SR2FU2Vs14 pic.twitter.com/EFLDqBG8FG
    - News Shopper Sports (NewsShopperSprt) Sat Nov 07 00:00:00 2015 WITH
    "Made in Charlton, destroyed by Belgians", the banners lied there last Saturday not to the fans of second division club Charlton Athletic. Currently Roland Duchâtelet the club on the desolate for last place and this is according to the fans, especially the policy of the former president and CEO of Standard Katrien Meire.
    Richard Murray, however, tries on the official club page of Charlton its chairman to act in. "Through the help of Roland we became financially stable. No owner wants to help a football club ruined. That would defy logic altogether," said the former president. "I think it's fair to say - and Roland indicates that far - he has underestimated the challenges of the Championship." Especially the transfer expenses exceed Duchâtelet introduced himself. "The expenditure underestimated the president especially. To more precisely are your biggest expense, namely transfers and players wages."
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

1) That's a shame, because I would feel more comfortable with PV in an executive role at the club (maybe one with an equity stake) rather than another unknown, even if he vouches for them.

2) By about a million times.
    Would like PV to be involved on a more permanent basis too, Davo but I trust him completely to give all the help & advice he's gained over he years to the new regime, whoever they are

But as for no 2 ......THIS with he shiniest, biggest knobs on !

( Even bigger than NLA's)

• Options

Agreed Airman.
    I only said all that for reasons of balance.
    I know what they both did to support Curbs, but there is now a huge difference of opinion of both men. Literally polar opposites!

And the reason for that lays firmly at Murray's door.

I just don't see Varney as the angel Gabriel picture many are painting. But do agree he very much sounds like our best option at the moment. We can only hope that if he is successful he hasn't or doesn't have a 'Murray moment'.
    I agree with his and your first post Carly. I might have over emphasised PV's role but I was looking to demonstrate that his track record suggests that RM was lucky once or twice and since his luck ran out has been shockingly bad. His decisions, most recently, have undermined all the good he ever did for us, in my view.
  • Options
    Statement on Monday - Fraye gone, next Belgian Numpty in.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Storm the boardroom, smash the place up