Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options

CAFCTrev said:

From the looks of it, the club never announced it beforehand, it was actually the SLP that said a "statement" was coming out. There might indeed be an actual statement forthcoming, but if there isnt it wasnt the club that said there was one....

Annoying.

So in that instance the club can't be blamed on this occasion.
    Sorry. But why would the SLP say that without fore knowledge ?
  • Options
    He thinks we are mugs....

They are vastly under funded for this division... and we will be found out ot be so by getting relegated...

the only true statement is RD "underestimated the championship" ... yes he did and AGAIN he should stop plans to build the training ground and put that money into the team... a proper manager, and proper set of players that can challenge ...

So until that happens we are going NOWHERE except down...

protests go on... we need to get Varney to the table...

• Options
    Also no mention of KM calling us customers, or that the "real" plan is to farm players at a profit .....
  • Options
    If I hit that $700 million dollar Powerball on Saturday I will make RD an offer he cannot refuse.
  • Options
    We need to ramp up the protests so that they realise thay cant just quieten us with the MINIMUM!

THere are huge gaps in the planning, the thinking, the strategy, the budget, and this needs to be addressed or, as a club, we should be able to listen to viable alternatives...

All this has done is make me more angry...

RM is now absolutely a target, he is worse that KM as he should know better...

• Options

Surprised it took so many so long to see it.

Agreed...
  • Options

Q: What would you say is missing and what can be done now?

RM: “The obvious strand missing has been the number of experienced Championship players. The first time we have been able to address this is the January transfer window.

I may be wrong, but isn't this complete bollocks? We've signed a free agent and two loans - aren't these all possible outside the transfer window? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Yes, it is drivel, as is 95% of this manufactured response . Murray has sunk as low as RD and KM by putting his name to this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    We asked them to spell it out to us. They have done and they're not singing from the same hymn sheet as us.

It's time for a new conductor.
  • Options
    Well done Weegie. These are the sort of questions that answers are needed for, not a regurgitation of platitudes in the hope that we'll all just quietly go away.
  • Options
    Highly predictable - BOYCOTT!
  • Options
    We underestimated the strength of the championship says a man who oversaw two promotions from this division,one as champions.Has no influence what so ever with owner. Being used which is sad.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Having reflected on this. In the thread on here about 'could they win you back', of the yes responses, they were mostly along the lines of 'we want to see action, not words'. Yesterday's statement is more words, and nothing new.

The club must now view engaging with the Trust much more favourably ... certainly when faced with a growing protest fund and the rabble in the car park! From the club's perspective, and if their motives are genuine, I see no reason why there should be any delay in having talks with the Trust. Action.
  • Options
    That is all very well but if the board aren't going to change their plans and most of the supporters vehemently dislike those plans, what is the point of dialogue with the Trust or any other representative of our supporters?

Richard Murray talks about better communication with the fans but I can't see it happening and, after all that has gone on, nor can I see the point.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Richard Murray talks about better communication with the fans but I can't see it happening and, after all that has gone on, nor can I see the point.

Given that Murray made this very point, what will be interesting is whether there is any meaningful attempt to engage with fans or whether this was for the media only and the gang of three again retreat into their bunker and ignore every reasonable attempt to communicate. I suspect we all know the answer to that one ...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

HandG said:

Given that Murray made this very point, what will be interesting is whether there is any meaningful attempt to engage with fans or whether this was for the media only and the gang of three again retreat into their bunker and ignore every reasonable attempt to communicate. I suspect we all know the answer to that one ...

Given that Murray has been full of s**t for nigh-on a decade, I suspect we do indeed know the answer to that one.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mogodon said:

HandG said:

Yep, hope I'm wrong though,
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

From the looks of it, the club never announced it beforehand, it was actually the SLP that said a "statement" was coming out. There might indeed be an actual statement forthcoming, but if there isnt it wasnt the club that said there was one....

Annoying.

So in that instance the club can't be blamed on this occasion.
    Sorry. But why would the SLP say that without fore knowledge ?
    Because lots of people looked at it and have been talking about it for 24 hours ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray was quoted at the VIP Meeting last february saying mistakes were made then. So nothing has been learned from these mistakes then!

http://www.castrust.org/2015/02/richard-murray-i-believe-roland-to-be-a-good-long-term-owner/

Q: It isn't about shiny seats. Its about the constant merry go round of players and managers

A (RM): Mistakes were made last January, but there is no way we could have afforded Johann, Igor and Tony under the previous owners. I can confirm that three people (with English experience) were interviewed face to face for the head coach job.

He won't leave though as back then he said M/Roly was a good long term owner

Q: The warm feeling is important, but that is what a lot of people feel is being lost under this owner. What chance is there of you persuading him to speak to fans directly to convince them of his vision before they walk away ? It would be good if he would meet the Supporters Trust but, if not, he could travel on the train after an away game.

A (KM): His dialogue with the fans is through me

A (RM): I believe Roland to be a good long-term owner. I wouldn't be on the board if I didn't. The day I stop believing that I will go.
  • Options
    RM needs to lead by example now and go. Leave RD and KM stranded. Cut them adrift, sit back and watch the waves envelop their sinking two-person boat. No rescue parties.
  • Options
    He should go as he's been losing the plot for a long while and the longer he stays the bigger cock he's making himself look.
  • Options

He should go as he's been losing the plot for a long while and the longer he stays the bigger cock he's making himself look.

Not a chance. He wants his money back and will do and say whatever they tell him to. It's such a shame to see a man who gave so much reduced to the role of a Belgian millionaire's rather pathetic puppet
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Not a chance. He wants his money back and will do and say whatever they tell him to. It's such a shame to see a man who gave so much reduced to the role of a Belgian millionaire's rather pathetic puppet
    This isn't a dig at you but I keep hearing it is about his money but I'm sure that his money being repaid is contractual. I believe the former directors also have a first charge on The Valley. If the club get promoted they will get their money back irrespective as to who is on the board at the time.

There must be a more selfish reason as to why he is hanging around and allowing his reputation to be tarnished again and again. Although, frankly, at this point I don't think he has anything else to lose. Sure he put money in but it now looks like Curbishley and Varney could have achieved the Premier League years with anyone's money, where as Murray would never have been able to 'buy' those years without the other two.

His success rate with Curbishley and Varney was as close to 100% as I think anyone can suggest. His success rate (all things considered) since those two (Curbishley in particular) left is as close to 0% as anyone can suggest.

Murray's reputation with the fans can't possibly go any lower. Sadly, for all the things he was involved in, particularly the openness he showed at fan gatherings, I have absolutely no respect for him now. Sure he made a lot of money in business but, even though I've not done so, that is not anywhere as hard as people think. One can make a lot of money by being very lucky. Luck is temporary, ability is permanent. The world is full of people that are lucky once and never realise/accept that it was luck and proceed to lose it all. Simon Jordan was just like this, made a lot of money in mobile phones at just the right them, then lost it all.
  • Options

mogodon said:

This isn't a dig at you but I keep hearing it is about his money but I'm sure that his money being repaid is contractual. I believe the former directors also have a first charge on The Valley. If the club get promoted they will get their money back irrespective as to who is on the board at the time.

There must be a more selfish reason as to why he is hanging around and allowing his reputation to be tarnished again and again. Although, frankly, at this point I don't think he has anything else to lose. Sure he put money in but it now looks like Curbishley and Varney could have achieved the Premier League years with anyone's money, where as Murray would never have been able to 'buy' those years without the other two.

His success rate with Curbishley and Varney was as close to 100% as I think anyone can suggest. His success rate (all things considered) since those two (Curbishley in particular) left is as close to 0% as anyone can suggest.

Murray's reputation with the fans can't possibly go any lower. Sadly, for all the things he was involved in, particularly the openness he showed at fan gatherings, I have absolutely no respect for him now. Sure he made a lot of money in business but, even though I've not done so, that is not anywhere as hard as people think. One can make a lot of money by being very lucky. Luck is temporary, ability is permanent. The world is full of people that are lucky once and never realise/accept that it was luck and proceed to lose it all. Simon Jordan was just like this, made a lot of money in mobile phones at just the right them, then lost it all.
    I'm not completely convinced about the Varney knight in shining armour stance.

Was he not around when we got involved with Dowie, Reed, Pardew, Parkinson,Slater Jimenez?

Both Murray and Varney played walk on parts in the Curbishley fairytale.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

his money is ring-fenced. If under Roly we went bust then Murray and Co are the first in line to be paid from the proceeds of the sale of players, training ground, The Valley etc etc. He has no need to be there other than vanity and the kudos, if there is any left, of being Charlton Athletic Chairman.

• Options
    Murray in 'liar' claim. Shock, horror. Don't believe a word he says. Katrien has learned from the best.