Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options

Jarman said:

All this Q&A says to me is that Murray is now the newest puppet to accompany KM on the Duchâtelet puppet show.

Punch to her Judy ?

" That's the way to do it !"
    Where exactly is her "Judy" ?

• Options
    Right ladies and gents, what have I missed? Only good things I presume! :)
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I rarely post on here but as someone living in Italy Charltonlife and those that comment on here are a great way to stay in touch with the club we all love so much.

However I have started to feel that for the majority on this forum the club in their eyes can do no right. I for one think that some intiatives and intend the club have shown have been positive if I'll thought out.

Are the powers that be really that evil? Is Richard Murry really the person some are making out? As fans (sadly) we don't know what is going on 'upstairs' as much we think we do. I for one would settle for championship football. I love that the first team squad has so many youngsters in it this season. Of course they will move on in time. Of course before we want them to. But that is not a problem unique to Charlton.

If you believe in what Richard said then the club have admitted they have made mistakes and aim to improve. Lets hope they do and let's travel with a bit of hope rather than all the constant negativity about the club all the time.

Hi nelsonsleftfoot

Always good to hear from infrequent posters. I just had a couple of things that came to mind when reading your post. In the order i've highlighted in bold above.

1. They've had chance after chance now. I, like many others have been willing to see where this goes, and was with them up until results under GL started to dip and he got the boot. It's just the same old shit. Hence why we as a forum are on the whole, pissed off. This latest pr/communication exercise is neither here nor there, whether it be billed as a statement or not

2. Could well be. Have they got the best intentions for Charlton Athletic football club. We still don't know RD's end game. I don't use the term 'evil' in the traditional sense, but a healthy football club is one that is making or trying to make progress on the pitch. RM has trotted out a lot in the 'statement' about FFP, stability and so forth. At the moment we may be funding sustainable losses, but under the incompetence (better word than evil I think) of RD & KM, I can seriously see us in league 2 come 17/18 season. The losses will be beyond sustainable then.

3. Yes and no. only when those youngsters are supported by experienced pros that can support their development. Not slightly older, shit players from Europe who are massively out of their depth. If anything KM's mantra about pride in our academy is complete bollocks when they risk destroying the many for the sake of one star (THD - already exposed this season when he shouldn't have been. We will ruin some of these prospects)

4. It's not negativity that people have happily been part of. If you read this forum often, you will know that some of the regular, level headed posters are at their wits end. It's taken a lot, but RD & KM have got us to this point. I truly believe unless RD has the guts to come over, tell the fans we have got it wrong and are now looking at issuing a serious statement of intent (ie manager, good players) then nothing will change opinion now. And why should it. We are but this angry based on FACT. The FACT the club is a mess

I'm not having a pop at you and I respect your opinion and like I say good to have a different view from different people rather than just the regular posters. I just can't agree with it based on everything I outlined above
    Excellent post Cabbles.
  • Options
    Capitano said:

imageimage

• Options
    Nug said:

The 4 horseman of the apocalypse right there. This is the best one so far @Nug
  • Options
    To me, the "Standard" article doesn't show the supporters in a good light, which is exactly what RM and KM want.
    As everyone has pointed out, no mention of our inept manager or CEO. Somehow we need to keep up this momentum.
  • Options
    Nug said:

That's brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

Its the wink from Carole thats the best one
  • Options
    Brilliant Nug.
  • Options
    I can't remember who was leading on that billboard idea, or how far it got, but this would be brilliant for it.
  • Options

I can't remember who was leading on that billboard idea, or how far it got, but this would be brilliant for it.

I had suggested it and gave a little update on the 'protest fund" thread however I wouldn't be able to sort out the execution of it unfortunately
  • Options
    Meaningless piece of non-communication from the club, it changes nothing.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

I had suggested it and gave a little update on the 'protest fund" thread however I wouldn't be able to sort out the execution of it unfortunately
    Ok great, I'll have a look at what you updated and see if I can help. We did quite a lot of outdoor marketing at my last job so hopefully may be able to add something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cabbles thank you for taking the time to respond in such a thoughtful way. I am not sure I disagree with much of your comments if honest. Maybe ultimately it's where you and I are in terms of the frustration spectrum (if that makes sense). Maybe I will get to the same levels of frustration should things not change. I hope not. For what it's worth in amongst all the AC Milan, Juve and Inter shirts my five year old wears his Charlton kit to football training each week. So in this little part of Northern Italy the flag is flying. It's a shame the Anglo-Italian Cup can't be brought back! Hoping to make Ipswich away in April. COYR

If your son lived in the vicinity of SE7, like very many kids, he wouldn't want to, because he would be fed up with all the other kids laughing at him. Sad but true.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    When is the piss taking out of the supporters going to stop.
  • Options
    I can't pick too many holes in what RM has said in terms of accuracy other than fans had identified these issues at the start of the season. Also, the manager issue wasn't addressed and why was the CEO not saying them? If she is deemed to risky to speak, she shouldn't be in the job! As people have said - why wasn't the lesson learned earlier. It hints at the stubbonness of the owner. But if these messages have finally got through - then we need to see the new manager and CEO in place. Then maybe we could question if a corner has been turned. As it stands, nothing really has changed.
  • Options
    I suggest a 1 match Boycott if Meir isn't sacked and then continue it if they fail to do it until she is gone.
    A banner saying "SACK MEIRE OR WE BOYCOTT". This should put pressure on our Insane Duchbag owner.
  • Options
    Just read RM's statement on the BBC website and what a load of mealy mouthed bullshit it is. No mention of a CEO who is so fucking clueless she doesn't understand the difference between fans/supporters and customers. I am so angry i can hardly find a coherent sentence to write, I used to admire RM and what he did for our club but now instead of being part of the solution he is now part of the problem.

the quicker this rabble pack their bags and piss off the better.
  • Options

Cabbles thank you for taking the time to respond in such a thoughtful way. I am not sure I disagree with much of your comments if honest. Maybe ultimately it's where you and I are in terms of the frustration spectrum (if that makes sense). Maybe I will get to the same levels of frustration should things not change. I hope not. For what it's worth in amongst all the AC Milan, Juve and Inter shirts my five year old wears his Charlton kit to football training each week. So in this little part of Northern Italy the flag is flying. It's a shame the Anglo-Italian Cup can't be brought back! Hoping to make Ipswich away in April. COYR

Yeah I definitely didn't want to come across as a direct attack especially given you don't feel the need to post that often and would rather read. It's nice to hear from different people on here. Your positivity is admirable but I've had mine beaten out of me :wink:

I genuinely can't see any way for this to finish but for them to leave unfortunately. Others might still see a way back if RD admits he was wrong and we have a sea change, but we all know he won't do that. He'll go headlong into oblivion IMO.

Glad to hear your lad wears the shirt over there though