Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Options
    So by not wanting to gamble with the
    Clubs future (by getting to the premier league) they're gambling with the clubs future by refusing to gamble ....
    Tinpot!
  • Options

The statement was given to the Standard early and is the subject of a large feature in tonight's paper.

Ah so there we go, the statement WAS for the press and NOT for the fans.
  • Options
    Hopefully the rest of the press will not fall for that nonsense.
  • Options

The statement was given to the Standard early and is the subject of a large feature in tonight's paper.

Ah so there we go, the statement WAS for the press and NOT for the fans.
    If you don't know the history,as many standard readers probably don't, then Roland's plan sounds pretty good on paper.
    Hence why it was done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This could be a revelation, it's quite obvious the press has an important say on what they do/want to do; otherwise they would not have bothered with this... I'm sure can use this to our advantage.. The press has power.
  • Options
    All this Q&A says to me is that Murray is now the newest puppet to accompany KM on the Duchâtelet puppet show.

• Options
    edited January 2016

Presuambly it is too late to have a well known and respected fan, or even the CAS trust, give a response in the same issue?
    I'm a bit busy this afternoon but happy for someone else to step in.
    Rodney, after your post (it Was a superb piece of Polemical,Picturesque and Pejorative proses )that covered pages 1 to 10 and took longer to read than War And Peace, a couple of months ago, Live up to your middle name and respond to the management.
  • Options

This could be a revelation, it's quite obvious the press has an important say on what they do/want to do; otherwise they would not have bothered with this... I'm sure can use this to our advantage.. The press has power.

Exactly. They are clearly rattled. We need to continue getting our side of things across to the press, and I think content like Nugs presentation is perfect for sending to journalists to make them aware.

My slight concern now is that we don't have a home game for a while. How are we going to keep this newsworthy without protests etc? @PragueAddick @Airman Brown copying you both in, as you are both probably on the case already, but any ideas of how we keep the press running with our side of things?
  • Options
    How can they seriously release this statement/interview trying to admit to some of their mistakes, when they have not admitted or acknowledge perhaps the biggest one yet and that is their managerial choices for the club ultimately resulting in KF's appointment.
  • Options
    The customer is always right so sell the club and do one
  • Options

Club making a bit of cash from it all eh? : )
    It's clearly advertorial and not editorial. And the cut-corners Standard would love that. Free content on the understanding there is no alternative view.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Personally, I think this idea could be tailored into a number of linked posters...

I'd suggest one each for KM and RD, without the pictures crossed out and the Sint Truiden crest...

And, for KF, how about the Mickey Mouse Club?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So to put it concisely, what the 'interview' tells me is:
    1. That KM is hiding/sulking as she is afraid that someone might ask her a meaningful question that she has to justify
    2. That they are trying to pretend that like naughty children we can be ignored or placated with empty platitudes
    3. They realise that they have made mistakes with player recruitment but haven't learnt a thing from them
    4. That they don't understand that financial stability is commendable but not if you lose sight of what a football club is about: being competitive on the pitch
    5. That competitive football being played at the Valley is not important in their vision but a sideshow
    6. They will cut the playing and non-playing staff to a skeleton to achieve the madman's vision of financial stability
    Oh, but we should all be happy with it! I feel deeply saddened for so many reasons but fuelled by their arrogance to protest and fight on.
    This is OUR club and life.

Perhaps RD should ask all the owners in the Prem whether they are able to run a football club with financial stability. I think what we know is that it is not possible. Even the big 4 struggle to show anything like a profit.
  • Options

So to put it concisely, what the 'interview' tells me is:
    1. That KM is hiding/sulking as she is afraid that someone might ask her a meaningful question that she has to justify
    2. That they are trying to pretend that like naughty children we can be ignored or placated with empty platitudes
    3. They realise that they have made mistakes with player recruitment but haven't learnt a thing from them
    4. That they don't understand that financial stability is commendable but not if you lose sight of what a football club is about: being competitive on the pitch
    5. That competitive football being played at the Valley is not important in their vision but a sideshow
    6. They will cut the playing and non-playing staff to a skeleton to achieve the madman's vision of financial stability
    Oh, but we should all be happy with it! I feel deeply saddened for so many reasons but fuelled by their arrogance to protest and fight on.
    This is OUR club and life.

Perhaps RD should ask all the owners in the Prem whether they are able to run a football club with financial stability. I think what we know is that it is not possible. Even the big 4 struggle to show anything like a profit.
    Regarding PL club finances, that's not really true any more. TV money is so high, even basket cases like Newcastle make a modest profit. CP made £23 million profit in their first year, even with infrastructure investment. TV money goes up by a massive amount next year. Of course, the demands of players and agents will go up, but the biggest challenge to our financial stability in the PL would be RD trousering 10s of millions, as he did at Standard Liege.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

All this Q&A says to me is that Murray is now the newest puppet to accompany KM on the Duchâtelet puppet show.

Punch to her Judy ?

" That's the way to do it !"
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I think the SLP have riled us all up here. Using the word statement in place of Q&A.

As I understand it, it was a Q&A.

Did the club ever say there would be a 'Statement' ?
    That's my point

• Options
    rikofold said:

Well if nothing else, it's more motivation to continue the protests.

I hope someone at the club reads this (very likely) and passes it on to Katrien and her PR minder (doubtful).

It hasn't worked. Try again, try something different.
    Anyone got a 15 year old they can interview?
    Oh god I forgot about that episode.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

rikofold said:

I hope someone at the club reads this (very likely) and passes it on to Katrien and her PR minder (doubtful).

I think the 15 year old just interviewed RM....

rikofold said:

Oh god I forgot about that episode.
    Come on, that was Fan Rest Response #1 remember.