Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

I think the SLP have riled us all up here. Using the word statement in place of Q&A.

As I understand it, it was a Q&A.

All very well, but this was not a Q&A. This was a scripted propaganda release where the questions were molded around the answers already written.
  • Fumbluff said:

Lols, why did that need a special announcement it was coming, hilarious

It was Cawley in the SLP that announced it
  • I haven't read all the posts on here, so I might be repeating what another member has said, but I really have not learned anything new from that "statement", it's all been said before in one form or another. It's not in any way going to appease "the mob" as our troll in chief likes to call us - I prefer the term real supporters myself - but either way I don't think that has fooled anyone, including the media (well it may have fooled T-in-C).
  • Did anyone read the small print at the bottom of the 'statement'?

We'd also like to let you know that the ticket office will now also be closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturday mornings.

...but the NHS call centre will be open.
  • Carols got it easy hasn't he... could get trounced 8-0 and he'd keep the job, his solution you ask!? Make the professional players work their socks off on the training ground while he fails to stumble upon a decent enough tactical plan to get us any wins.

As has RM, as I said very very early on in RD being at the helm of our club, it's all about 'yes' men so to speak and getting rid of those who speak against it or don't fully agree, from the top to the bototm. RM 'bought into' RD's plan from the off, or at least pretended to and is happy to go along for the ride. He's happy to take the flack and speak for RD at meetings or interviews when is needed.
  • From the looks of it, the club never announced it beforehand, it was actually the SLP that said a "statement" was coming out. There might indeed be an actual statement forthcoming, but if there isnt it wasnt the club that said there was one....

Annoying.
  • Sponsored links:

• “But you also can’t get away from the fact that families want to see a winning team as much as anyone else.

“So we need those new players to perform, players to come back from injury and, as I know from being in football for 25 years, you need a little bit of good fortune"

Put the pressure on the players that aren't good enough at this level, or injury ridden (that this ownership recruited) and then pull out the good fortune card. They aren't accepting they are at fault. Pathetic attempt the more I read of it..
  • CAFCTrev said:

From the looks of it, the club never announced it beforehand, it was actually the SLP that said a "statement" was coming out. There might indeed be an actual statement forthcoming, but if there isnt it wasnt the club that said there was one....

Annoying.

Suspect the club leaked it though. And now they have headed back to the bunker to resume complete silence.
  • CAFCTrev said:

From the looks of it, the club never announced it beforehand, it was actually the SLP that said a "statement" was coming out. There might indeed be an actual statement forthcoming, but if there isnt it wasnt the club that said there was one....

Annoying.

So in that instance the club can't be blamed on this occasion.
  • mogodon said:

CAFCTrev said:

Annoying.

Suspect the club leaked it though. And now they have headed back to the bunker to resume complete silence.
    Exactly. Cawley would've been briefed.
  • Any chance we could have Carol singers...the new KM initiative. Every week the sofa is regaled by a 20 person local choir singing 'deck the halls with bows of holly' and 'good King Wenceslas came back...'

Unfortunately drowned out by the Covered End with alternative versions of the words.

Suggestions welcome.
  • So in that instance the club can't be blamed on this occasion.

Thats gotta be a first!
  • Sponsored links:

• You have to be shocked at their lack of understanding of the situation, they think a few sound bites of the same old bilge and everything will just settle down.

This isn't RD I doubt he really comprehends what is happening, well hopefully he is there on Saturday and he can be educated about the level of unrest.
  • edited January 2016

Though they won't spell it out, the evidence for this being the primary aim is there for us all to see. The kinds of fans that they are trying to attract; day tripping families, tourists and lapsed Tottenham cabbies, the exact type who won't really mind whether the team win or not or whether they actually have any ambition or not.

That's a major issue. It seems that they are willfully dismantling the supporter base, as they'd prefer a more "consumer" minded audience. Take a seat and be entertained (not necessarily the football either!). They seem to think they'll be enough of these transient audiences to sustain the club. It's clear that the only club stakeholders, in their mind, are the three directors.

Even Murray's stated 'strategy' (of course a rehash of Meire's own misnamed 'strategy') is back to front. 'We want to be a competitive Championship club with Premier League ambitions, managed in a financially sustainable way' would be perfectly palatable. The principal aim can't be financial stability.

The problem for them is, that's still not a strategy, that's a goal (And your goal is better than their stated goal dressed as strategy for the reasons you suggest). But the strategy is how we get there. They either don't understand that, or are very reluctant to mention it (as you say), because they understand the backlash. I would have thought that's the case, but with this lot, maybe they are as stupid as they seem!

• Just read the statement.

We never seem to get tired of underwhelming do we? No wonder the media wont normally touch us!

Bland rubbish from RM and we are still stuck with this Belgian tripe fest.

Get the feckers out. It is war!
  • They have nothing to say to the fans customers, so they talk loud and say nothing.
  • this is what happens when you dont have a comms team not to mention anyone with any PR nous ...its all very embarassing
  • edited January 2016
    Like Richard Murray, I'm lost for any sensible words.

Another staged managed episode with RM undoubtedly knowing the questions in advance.
    He's clearly joined KM's ranks of treating us like idiots.

Too late to throw the shovel away now Richard.

Get on your bike, and take the other two stooges with you.
  • colin1961 said:

Question for Richard Murray when RD took over you stated that your told was to advise them and help understand running a English football club ... So surely you should have gave them a run down on what was needed in the championship ....... To say RD got it wrong should read RM failed to do his job again

Has somebody hacked into your account Colin. You have actually said something sensible!
  • Dazzler21 said:

I think the SLP have riled us all up here. Using the word statement in place of Q&A.

As I understand it, it was a Q&A.

Questions by who ? KM to RM? seems like it, Not really Q&A if its scripted from inside the club, which it obviously is
    Exactly - if it was a real interview with the press then the interviewer would surely have taken him to task over the ridiculous statement that this transfer window is the first opportunity to put things right!
  • Q: Shouldn’t all clubs aspire to be in the Premier League?

RM: “They should, but they also shouldn’t gamble with their future. If you look around the Championship just now there are clubs in danger of administration, several with triple figure debts, others falling foul of the Financial Fair Play regulations and subject to transfer embargoes.

What over £100? Stone me they really are gambling it all aren't they.
    I bet they pay for a real manager, too.