Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Board set to issue statement today

Comments

• so is Fraeye still our interim manager?
  • Macronate said:

so is Fraeye still our interim manager?

Mate of mine reckons Fraeye has it in his contract that he has to be given a certain amount of games. Not sure how true that is but would explain a few things.
  • what a load of bollocks, it just underlines how disconnected the regime are. (I wont to refer to them as the club anymore).
    Who raised the questions on their statement?, they were not the questions that i would have asked.
  • No. *this* is the real one... REAL STATEMENT

• Looks like Fraeye til the end of the season - making him our longest-serving manager interim head coach since Powell?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's all shite
  • Chizz said:

No. *this* is the real one... REAL STATEMENT

Look at all their happy faces in that picture... :)
  • seth plum said:

Who on earth at the club, individually or collectively, thought that doing that today was a good idea?

To think this interview was even needed, this interview, shows extremely poor judgement.

Even though club silence has been deafening, the actions and inactions alone have been enough to concentrate on, and wisdom would suggest the regime ought to have kept quiet and started actually doing something.

Personally I have not been hanging on for the past couple of weeks desperate for a 'statement', I have been desperate for action.

Still am.

It is absurd how little intelligence is left at the club, I'm surprised they even find their way to work everyday without stopping and asking for directions!
  • Since when does them colluding together to make up some questions that they (mistakenly) think will appease us and then creating the answers together constitute an 'interview'?
  • It seems to me that this 'statement' was aimed more at the press than fans. The club have been taking flak from just about every media outlet and on the face of it, this statement may look positive to the average journo. This might be their way of relieving some of the pressure that's on the club right now.

Of course ...... nail on the head !
  • Cawley now saying that the RM interview was the statement.

That's because it was.
  • What a load of cobblers. All this statement has done is to ramp up even more discontent. Murray has shown complete contempt for us all, where was Pinocchio surely she should have been the one fronting up, no on second thoughts she'd have just laughed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    How about we do a mock Q&A of our own as a response i.e.

Q. What do Charlton fans think of the current board

A. We think that Roland is a loon, Meire is a witch, Murray is puppet
  • PaddyP17 said:

Hang on a minute.

Is Wednesdays off something that the majority of football league clubs do? Players get Wednesdays off? As in, across the league? Can someone confirm as to whether this is standard industry practice?

Players have usually had at least one weekday off a week - certainly under Curbs.
    Usually Saturdays from March onwards
    Or in our case Saturday's from September onwards, usually between 3 and 5 o'clock.
  • RM has gone from almost having a stand named after him to a laughing stock in just a few months...
  • The Q&A statement reminds me of the PR pack that gets issued when a new movie or album is released...

• Well if nothing else, it's more motivation to continue the protests.

I hope someone at the club reads this (very likely) and passes it on to Katrien and her PR minder (doubtful).

It hasn't worked. Try again, try something different.
  • PL54 said:

really angry or really really angry ?

Anger infinity if you must know PL54

That is angry incandescent